Microsoft Confirms New Xbox 360 Console Banning

Discussion in 'Xbox 360' started by zZ LUCKY Zz, Nov 12, 2008 with 9 replies and 501 views.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. zZ LUCKY Zz

zZ LUCKY Zz Premium Premium

Ratings:
    From [Click here to view the link]:

"I've gotten a few messages and seen some forum threads pop up on console bannings so I thought I'd post and let folks know what's up. In our our continued effort to keep gameplay safe and secure for our community of more than 14 million members, Microsoft has taken action against a small percentage of Xbox 360 consoles that have been illegally modified in order to play pirated games. You should know that modifying your Xbox 360 console is also a violation of the [Click here to view the link], will void your warranty and result in a ban from Xbox LIVE. The health of the video game business depends on customers paying for the genuine products and services they receive, both from manufacturers and the local companies that support them. We will continue to employ and bolster anti-piracy security measures to counter piracy in the gaming industry and improve security in the Xbox LIVE community."

2. T Sizzles

T Sizzles VIP VIP

Ratings:
    So no flashed console is safe?
    Guess they busted the stealth firmware.

3. OP
    zZ LUCKY Zz

Ratings:
    i wounder wut it will do if i do the update with my disk drive unpluged lol:thumbup:

4. T Sizzles

T Sizzles VIP VIP

Ratings:
    But doesn't it go to an error code if the drive is unplugged?

5. S y N I K a L

S y N I K a L /ˈsɪn·ɪ·kəl/ Premium

Ratings:
  6. Tommy D

Tommy D Premium Premium

Ratings:
    Ha! Hackers work a lot faster than hack fixers. I think we all know this and a lot of stuff Major Nelson says is all talk.

7. Noupoi

Noupoi Contributor

Ratings:
    Nope. When you turn it on, the Power light just flashes, and I think it works as normal, aside from the drive of course.

8. OP
    zZ LUCKY Zz

Ratings:
    yeah with my drive unpluged i can still do everything on the dashbored and play arcade games

9. B-rad

B-rad Press On

Ratings:
    That really does suck. I can't believe they are cracking down like that. Hopefully they'll be a way past this but I doubt it.

10. Leering

Leering (ノಠ益ಠ)ノ彡┻━┻

Ratings:
    Give it a week give or take.
    There will be a new firmware out..:wink:

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.