Not open for further replies.
Scar

Scar

VIP
VIP
Retired
Reaction score
Sin$
People really need to read the rest of his tweets before posting... It has nothing to do with MW2 or this glitch alone, they have done it for years... If you cheat and get enough complaints you get a suspension.

While IW works on getting the MW2 glitch fixed, people we catch using it will recieve suspensions from LIVE. Play fair everyone. :> about 22 hours ago from web

@Machkovech Using a glitch in a game to get an advantage is explicitly called out in the ToU. It's not like people are doing it by accident. about 22 hours ago from web in reply to Machkovech

For those asking, it's not new that we issue suspensions for cheating/glitching, and we do it for more then just MW2. :> about 22 hours ago from web

For those asking, cheating suspensions are usually 24 hours for first offense. But egregious cheating can be 2 weeks! about 21 hours ago from web

Niko Jims

Niko Jims

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Sin$
That's kind of stupid in a sense. They should allow people to do it until they patch it. I mean, come on. It's hilarious. I wish I hadn't of Prestiged. I do it for the lolz seeing as I don't even have the Javelin atm. Oh well, you can avoid suspensions anyways. And it's not like I need to play it every second I'm at home. Maybe they should have, I don't know, BETA tested this game? It is unfair if you are on a small map but if it's on, let's say, Afghan, they shouldn't be that close to you.

R.I.P Javelin glitch a.k.a The Jihad Bomb

Restart Level

Restart Level

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Sin$
You really can't ban someone for using something that was already in the game. Even if it wasn't meant to be in it, an accident.

M

MoRa

Banned
Reaction score
Sin$
Let's just hope while in development of Call of Duty MW2, Infinity Ward wasn't taking lessons from Epic, if you catch my drift.

Noupoi

Noupoi

Contributor
Reaction score
Sin$
^MP MODZ??!?11!

But then again, the files are all signed making it impossible to mod without knowning MS's Private key.

doodlebro

doodlebro

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Sin$
Adv said:
First suspened* not ban. Really the only way they would know you did it is if they actually witnessed it or saw some sort of real proof, obv they aren't going to start suspending ppl when they see a javelin kill.

Everyone is a powerful word, careful where/when you use it.

Well part of it is people's faults for finding glitches. I want to say a huge frikin chunk of glitches didn't happen on accident, its these ppl that go looking for them.

Why penalize players for doing things that the game will allow?
Did you just srsly type that? Hmm, the game wasn't meant to allow something like that, hence it being a glitch...or in layman's terms, a bug.

It's the developer's fault.
wow...Alright, here you take a game the size of Modern Warfare 2 and have around 200-300 testers, then release it to 20Million users and see if your game is bug free. Here's a hint: Nothing is bug free

I remember 4 days ago no one was doing this. Yesterday when I played, every playlist and 8/10 games we played there was atleast one guy doing it. I admit it was fun as hell, but really I did it to get 10,000 xp fast and to get danger close pro's xp (only the 5k). Though I stopped once I got those then I see messages on xbl of ppl saying "we can get suspended for this"...duh.

I do love when ppl say this though "You have no skill, you couldn't get kills without the javelin glitch." I've had that said to me and others. Nope made it all the way to lvl 68 just using a javelin...ppl loose common sense when they get mad.

Is it in the game? Yes. It's the developer's fault they didn't try to get all the bugs out of the game. Did they get some out? Sure. But even if a user does something that "wasn't supposed to be a part of the game" and does it using only the game, then they aren't doing anything wrong. It's stupid that they are banning people for HELPING them find BUGS in the game.

H

h2o pete

VIP
VIP
Retired
Reaction score
Sin$
lol this is stupid. People are doing something in the game which EVERYONE can do. They're not modifying / manipulating anything to give them an unfair advantage. ANYBODY playing the game can do this without modifying anything at all.

Same as superbounces in Halo 2. Bungie said they wouldn't ban anyone for it because of the same reasons.. anybody can do it.

Thug Aim

Thug Aim

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Sin$
It was really pissing me off even though I've tried it a few times, ruining the game because you basically have to use it to beat whoever started it. Very boring.

You deserve a suspension if you use this enough to get caught.

P

projectomega

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Sin$
doodlebro said:
Is it in the game? Yes. It's the developer's fault they didn't try to get all the bugs out of the game. Did they get some out? Sure. But even if a user does something that "wasn't supposed to be a part of the game" and does it using only the game, then they aren't doing anything wrong. It's stupid that they are banning people for HELPING them find BUGS in the game.

i'm sorry but, though it is in the game, it wasn't intended. and there is NO way that any game will be 100% bug free. and the people that are doing this in game aren't trying to help them find bugs, they are exploiting them, which actually is against the rules. that big list you agreed to when you joined xbox live, that most ppl don't read, actually says it's against the rules. now if someone found a glitch and said "hey, i better message IW about this so it can get fixed" that's different, but these are people exploiting them, for a bit of cheap amusment. there used to be a party glitch that you could freeze people xboxs. hey, it was in the system, should you use it? no.:thumbdown:

Niko Jims

Niko Jims

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Sin$
Wow, every since I posted in this thread, every game someone does it. Now I see why it's so annoying.

Marino HD

Marino HD

Retired
Retired
Reaction score
Sin$
I'm glad you can be banned for it.
Mad props to IW.

Seriously, every game, a whole team would be doing this and it was awful.

WishMaster

WishMaster

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Sin$
Is it me or has this gotten less now?
I used to see many of them in one match now it is only one or none at all.
Oh nvm, i see someone doing it and its pissin my brother off.

E

EclipseModz

VIP
VIP
Retired
Reaction score
Sin$
WishMaster said:
Its a cool glitch but gets boring after a while.

P

projectomega

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Sin$
WishMaster said:
a lot of people are probably getting scared of being banned, so they slow down on the javelin glitching. but i still see it sometimes:thumbdown: though my 1887's long range seems to help me avoid the explosion :tongue:

K

KranK

Reaction score
Sin$
Dont have to ban people just release a patch.

L

lstrl00r09

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Sin$
syn201 said:
you seem to not know the difference between flat out cheating glitching 6 people running around with javelins and care package glitches is flat out cheating and they deserve a suspension ,now using a part of a map that you shouldn't be able to get to for sniping and such forth and a totally diffrent thing beacuse there are ways to stop and kill the people doing it ,care package /j glitch and people who use lag switches in ranked multiplayer want banning ..
yea u can kill peoplle out the map when they glitch out but u can also kill the javelin glitchers.

Yes there is always a bug in everytype if programming.
And it foes not ruin the game for everyone because it can sometimes be fun using the javelin it killing the javelin glitcher.
Idk y they r suspending people for glitching n not snd boosting this is just pointless to suspend people for glitching

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom
Login
Register