Solved Mic buzz/hum

• Thread starter Xv G StaR vX
  • Start date
  • Views 396
X

Xv G StaR vX

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Hi guys i think i have a bad ground as i get a loud hum/buzz through my mic when i record it, but if i touch my pc case it goes away.

I've tried - different power outlet, checked all cables ect, unplugging everything to see if it was something i had plugged in & different usb ports.

Headset is a Corsair Raptor HS40

any ideas guys?

Operating System
  1. Windows
K

KnightWill2

Enthusiast
Reaction score
This is a possibility that you require to ground you PC. You can find several guides regarding this on youtube. Though my personal suggestion is to ignore the buzz if you don't have much ideas about PC!

X

Xv G StaR vX

Enthusiast
Reaction score
This is a possibility that you require to ground you PC. You can find several guides regarding this on youtube. Though my personal suggestion is to ignore the buzz if you don't have much ideas about PC!
i know its a ground issue but the pc is grounded through the outlet, i even installed a new grounding rod in the garden and connected it to the case and that didn't stop it, you cant really ignore it either as its quite loud. I have looked trough youtube and google and nothings worked.

K

KnightWill2

Enthusiast
Reaction score
i know its a ground issue but the pc is grounded through the outlet, i even installed a new grounding rod in the garden and connected it to the case and that didn't stop it, you cant really ignore it either as its quite loud. I have looked trough youtube and google and nothings worked.

There is a small possibility that your PC case and mobo(or mobo's Input/Output plate ) are touching each other at some point(from the inside of the case), resulting in some sort of short circuit or electric surge, which is causing this. You might wanna look into that.

A

afterjo

Enthusiast
Reaction score
try connecting directly to motherboard, not using usb ports on the case.

X

Xv G StaR vX

Enthusiast
Reaction score
There is a small possibility that your PC case and mobo(or mobo's Input/Output plate ) are touching each other at some point(from the inside of the case), resulting in some sort of short circuit or electric surge, which is causing this. You might wanna look into that.
No shorts anywhere that i could see anyway, i/o plate seems fine aswell.

try connecting directly to motherboard, not using usb ports on the case.
I'm using the usb ports on the back of the motherboard, although i did try the case ones which didn't improve the buzzing.

Edit: I looked at reviews of my headset and it seems to be a common issue, so could just be the headset which is annoying considering it cost £80 when i bought it.

A

afterjo

Enthusiast
Reaction score
No shorts anywhere that i could see anyway, i/o plate seems fine aswell.

I'm using the usb ports on the back of the motherboard, although i did try the case ones which didn't improve the buzzing.

Edit: I looked at reviews of my headset and it seems to be a common issue, so could just be the headset which is annoying considering it cost £80 when i bought it.

you should try hyperx headphones, at least somewhat decent. If you want comfort and sound dt880, but for you i think is more suitable dt990 - more bassy. I bet you can find a decent hifi store to test these badboys. Just return current headphones.

TBH all these gaming headsets are crap.

X

Xv G StaR vX

Enthusiast
Reaction score
you should try hyperx headphones, at least somewhat decent. If you want comfort and sound dt880, but for you i think is more suitable dt990 - more bassy. I bet you can find a decent hifi store to test these badboys. Just return current headphones.

TBH all these gaming headsets are crap.
Thanks for the tip. i can't return the as i lost the receipt :frown:

K

KnightWill2

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Thanks for the tip. i can't return the as i lost the receipt :frown:

If you are going to invest in new ones, here is my 2 cent:

1) Sennheiser GSP 302 Closed Back Gaming Headset.

Pros:

-Powerful clear audio with good bass
-Exceptional mic pickup
-Excellent noise isolation
-Great build quality
-Foldable mic

Cons:

-Wire quality is weirdly low, if you dont move much you wont have any issues!

2) HyperX Cloud Gaming Headset

Pros:

-Replaceable spare velour earpads
-Excellent Build quality
-Balanced and detailed audio
-Removable mic
-Volume/mic control with extension

Cons:

-No 7.1 Surround sound if that matters.

p.s I have used both, borrowed HyperX from a friend. Was excellent in performance!

Top Bottom