Dismiss Notice
Hello Guest,

If you are in need or looking for a modded lobby please check in the CoD: World at War Modded Lobbies section. Any posts asking for lobbies will be deleted as it is considered spam.

Thank you.

Methods and Strategies to help you improve at Call of Duty:World at War

Discussion in 'Call of Duty: World at War' started by Grif99, Feb 9, 2009 with 20 replies and 2,730 views.

1. Grif99

Grif99 Premium Premium

Ratings:
    Free-For-All Strategies

Alright, to start off I'd like to say that i in no way am saying that I'm any kind of amazing super player that can't be beat or anything of the sort so please to come in here read through this and then call me a noob and challenge me to a 1v1. Thanks. I'm doing this to hopefully help anyone who might want to develop a good skill set or to help improve anyones current playing.

Second, This will be an on going updated thread where i plan on posting many strategies that either I've seen or made and I'll check it to answer or help anyone that wants it.

So wtf is this actually about eh? Well in this thread i will try to post many of my personal strategies and tips to help you become a better player!

For some reference so you know what i'm talking about my personal stats are:
    Score: 517320
    Time Played: 9d 16h 23m
    Kills: 42303
    Deaths: 20383
    K/D Ratio Overall: 2.08
    Free-For-All Kills: 6017
    Free-For-All Deaths: 1982
    Free-For-All K/D: 3.04

How to Raise your Kill To Death Ratio!

Alright so now that you've gotten all of your basics down (Aiming, Map Knowledge, Your favorite Gun etc..) You can really focus in on raising that K/D!

Alright so in my experience the best way for you to raise your Kill/Death is playing Free-For-All. It is you vs another 7 players that are all there for the same purpose, Kill each other! But you need to be the player that rises above the rest so that you can get the respect you deserve.

How To win Free-For-All!

This is very easy, You need to always stay alert and know your surroundings. Some basic things are maybe to plant a bouncing-betty in the path your coming from so that you know people can't be coming from behind you. Also you don't want to be the dumba** who runs out into the middle of the map and gets killed and complains about camping. Now my basic strategy in every Free-For-All game i play is that i try to hold down an area and get dogs as quickly as possible, then don't release them until i die so that when i spawn back i can release them and get my kill streak back up and get them again. And when i mean holding down an area i DO NOT MEAN TO SIT IN A CORNER AND WAIT FOR PEOPLE TO WALK BY!!! Please look at the circled spots and descriptions for easy places to hold.

My weapons and perks of choice in Free-For-All

MP40 with dual magazines
    Frag Grenade
    Tabun Gas Special Grenade
    Perk 1: Bouncing Betty x 2
    Perk 2: Stopping Power
    Perk 3: Steady Aim

Type 100 with box magazine
    Frag Grenade
    Tabun Gas Special Grenade
    Perk 1: Bouncing Betty x 2
    Perk 2: Stopping Power
    Perk 3: Steady Aim

Now i use Stopping power because 9/10 out of ten i will spot my victim before the see me so stopping power aids me in killing them ASAP, if you are struggling then feel free to use juggernaut.

Free-For-All Map Strategies

Asylum
    [​IMG]

Spot 1- Is the hallway circled on the second floor of the map, There are lots of spots to find cover and a lot of people spawn outside of the map by that hallway and will come running in through the windows and doorways so stay alert but this is a great spot to get kills easily.

Spot 2- Is in the down stairs bathrooms this has three entrances, One on each side and one hole in the wall in the front. There are a lot of places to take cover ( like the toilet stalls and such) But if you hide in there you will get kills quickly so plant bettys at the two side entrances and continue moving from side to side watching for people to spawn on either side.

Spot 3- this is on the second floor which will probably take the most skill to cover because there are two entrances from outside and three from inside the map but this is where i can usually be found because this is a high traffic area, So if your going to try this area make sure to continue to move around alot and watch your back

Castle
    [​IMG]

Spot 1- I have a very large circles area because that is where i usually roam on this map. Very high traffic and a lot of spawn points. Stay extremely alert and if you have loud speakers or a pair of turtle beach headphones its extremely easy to hear people moving around because of the wood flooring

Spot 2- This is a small area with semi-high traffic its easy to hold with only two entrances so plant a betty at each so you can stay concentrated on one at a time. This is one of the easiest places to stay

Spot 3- the top part of the "dojo" you can see a lot of the map and can get a lot of kills staying up there but you can let yourself get too stuck looking out of the windows because a lot of people will be gunning for you after about a minute of being there so i suggest maybe getting a quick recon and then changing positions on the map

Courtyard
    [​IMG]

Spot 1- This is where you can find my half of the time on this map. You can stay in the far back and have a lot of coverage or you can jump on to the little fenced in platform and shoot at people but just like always you need to watch the entrances!

Spot 2- Stay on that walkway as there are a lot of spawns and a lot of people going through it. You can jump on many different things and look over walls and shoot at people that are coming your way. At one end there is a table you can stand on and kill people and on the other end there is a slanted bench you can stand on.

Dome
    [​IMG]

Spot 1- "The loft" everyone's favorite camping spot. The best way about doing this is to focus most of your attention looking down the stairwell and listening for people coming up the ladder behind you. It can also help to put a betty by the other entrance which is that ramp that leads up to the loft from the middle of the dome.

Spot 2- This is a great place to run back and forth and kill people just spawning. The entire bottom portion of the map is full of spawns and you get really rank up easy kills very fast.

Spot 3- This is the small room opposite of the loft and has three entrances one from the back and two from the middle of the dome, i usually watch the back, but there is a spawn point just outside one of the entrances at the furthest exit into the dome so watch out

Hanger
    [​IMG]

Spot 1- This building is great to hold down and is easy to get kills as there are spawn points all around it, but it can be difficult due to the four entrances (three doorways and one ladder) But i will run around the building peering out of the doorways (maily the back one) and find the spawn kills

Spot 2- This building is just opposite of sport 1 and is easier to hold down, you can see a good amount of that side of the map including the inside of the hanger

Spot 3- This is the top corner of the hanger which is a great place to hold down because you can watch for people spawning in the hanger and you will get the majority of your kills running into the hanger from the entrances below you or people running on the cat walk at you from the other entrances into the hanger

Makin
    [​IMG]

Spot 1- This is the back portion of the map which spawns alot of people so be sure to stay alert and to watch for people spawning (usually in the building to your right, in the furthest building)

Spot 2- This is on the opposite side of the map where the other majority of the spawns are. Just stay in that building and watch behind it as thats where msot of the people will spawn.

Spot 3- The round house, High traffic spot which makes it extremely hard to hold but if you turn your speakers up or use a turtle beach headset you will know where the enemy is coming from and makes it easier to hold down.

Using these strategy spots will make it extremely easy to raise your Kill/Death ratio and improve your general skills.

Find links to my other guides by Clicking Here

And don't forget to leave a thanks if you liked it :smile:

• Like Like x 6
  2. ii CoRrUpT xX

ii CoRrUpT xX Contributor

Ratings:
    I can see you did put time into it, so you deserve thanks.

Pretty basic though. But that's not a bad thing.

3. OP
    Grif99

Grif99 Premium Premium

Ratings:
    Yeah it'll get more complex and have better things to get from it but i figured i would start from the basics

4. i am Nubz

i am Nubz Enthusiast

Ratings:
    I think it's a good start for a guide. But, as of right now, it's just a guide on increasing your kill:death ratio.

I think random tips/strategies would be really good for this guide though.

5. + Drake +

+ Drake + Enthusiast

Ratings:
    Very nice man love the time put into it. :thumbup:

6. Hunter TS

Hunter TS Enthusiast

Ratings:
    Great start to a guide. Since you are mainly focusing on aiming and such ill add something pretty basic. Many new people basicly stop moving to aim on a target using only the right stick. Instead to aim quicker, aim at the enemy as close as you can initially then sidestep either left or right to aquire your target. This helps you aim faster plus mainly it makes you a moving target while aiming at the same time.

Pretty basic i know but if you are not good at drop shotting this works second best for me. Might be a good addition to your guide.

• Like Like x 1
  7. OP
    Grif99

Grif99 Premium Premium

Ratings:
    Yeah that was on my agenda on things to add but thanks for the reminder

8. ii CoRrUpT xX

Ratings:
  9. OP
    Grif99

Grif99 Premium Premium

Ratings:
    Alright, I had my career highlight tonight.. I was playing some Free-For-All and a guy with the name "DEL19966" joined and i thought the name looked familiar and i was right. He's second in the world for FFA kills and 5th overall in the world. So well guess who put the freakin hammer down on this guy? Thats right ME! Haha I wrecked him two games in a row with dogs in both games and him being my nemesis with the stats of 7-3. So I'm happy for tonight :smile:

10. ii CoRrUpT xX

Ratings:
    Nice. To tell you the truth, most top guys suck. Except a select few who I'm friends with. :tongue:

11. OP
    Grif99

Grif99 Premium Premium

Ratings:
    Oh ya no doubt the large large majority of the top players are absolute trash but i still feel happy about it :biggrin:

12. vvSTRIDEvv

vvSTRIDEvv Retired Retired

Ratings:
    Very nice guide, well thought out. If I may present another idea. I have been dominating FFA for some time now with this method.

I use studio isolation headphones while I play, with the volume up very high. I use Dead Silence on Perk#3. Since I have been doing this for the last year or so. I am now able to pin point the exact location of any player in my proximity based soley on audio. No surprises, I can even hear other players using dead silence, though faint. If you have not tried this I highly reccomend, it is an advantage. It also get's you waaaay better at no scoping w/o the aid of Steady Aim. You don't need it, if your good.

I know I'm the new guy, so don't beat me up on the forum. Add me if you need feel you need confirmation of my ability.

TheDeal666

13. OP
    Grif99

Grif99 Premium Premium

Ratings:
    Yup, this was going to be in my next update as i use Turtle Beach headphones

14. i am Nubz

i am Nubz Enthusiast

Ratings:
    Corrupt doesn't look for the top players, the top players look for Corrupt. Nah, I'm kidding. We all know you run around with fireworks and a noob tube hoping for a kill. :smile:

• Like Like x 1
  15. MaFiA SNiiP3Zz

MaFiA SNiiP3Zz Enthusiast

Ratings:
    I'd love a hardcore SnD one of these as i want to improve at it :smile:

These tips got me 1.70+ on free for all :smile:

16. OP
    Grif99

Grif99 Premium Premium

Ratings:
    Yeah i'll be adding some of my strategies for search soon and nice job with your k/d!

17. ii CoRrUpT xX

Ratings:
    LMAO yea right. I play with teh skillzorz.

18. xXpsychosis666

xXpsychosis666 Enthusiast

Ratings:
    nice start to a guide. i cant stand FFA tho

19. ganjajesse

ganjajesse Newbie

Ratings:
    nice guide. im going to try this straigy

20. vvSTRIDEvv

vvSTRIDEvv Retired Retired

Ratings: