What's new

Jailbreak Tutorial Meridian Jailbreak (iOS 10.x.x, 64bit)

Jamdoogen

Jamdoogen

Let's turn forever, you and me
Reaction score
Sin$
Developer known as 'PsychoTea' released the Meridian Jailbreak recently, and I noticed no one had made a tutorial.

All 64-bit devices running 10.x.x
  • iPhone 7 & 7+
  • iPhone 6S & 6S+
  • iPhone 6 & 6+
  • iPhone SE
  • iPhone 5S
  • iPad Air 1 and 2
  • iPad (2017)
  • iPad Mini 2, 3, and 4
  • iPad Pro 1 and 2 (12.9" and 10.5")
  • iPod Touch 6th Gen
What you need to know:

- The Jailbreak is still in beta stages (Currently Beta 4 as we speak)
- Lack of Cydia substrate support.
- it semi-untethered, I've had 2 kernal panic in the space of 2 hours.

I don't recommend doing this Jailbreak because of the lack of substrate and Cydia being useless.

What you need:

- Cydia Impactor (macOS, Windows & Linux): http://www.cydiaimpactor.com/
- A Apple ID to use with Cydia Impactor, it will need your login information, however it will not store it.

Instructions:

1. Download the Meridian IPA from the site. Currently the latest one is Beta 4, although this is subject to change.
2. Download and Install Cydia Impactor
3. Drag your .ipa file into Cydia Impactor, it will ask you to sign in with your Apple ID and Password, this is completely fine.
BPYM4rg.png

You can fix this by going to appleid.apple.com. Login and look for 'App Specific Password', from there name it anything and then put the password in Impactor
4. Once you have entered your information, it will begin to install to your device. You will run across this error:

It is nothing to worry about, you can simply click OK and continue onto your device.
5. You should now be presented with the Meridian app on your phone. Cydia may also appear, but you will notice that it will instantly crash when you run it. Don't worry, we will solve this.
9WYcHNl.jpg

6. (Might need doing, not always) Go to Settings > General, and then click on Device Management near the bottom. You will notice your Apple ID email you used to side load the app and the Meridian app. Click on "Trust" and then confirm the exception. You are now able to run the Meridian App.
7. Run the app, and you should be presented with this:
g3dXNR8.png

Click on "Go", now you will get either 3 results:
A: Your phone reboots.
B: The v0rtex exploit fails
C: You successfully load the exploits and are now 'free'd'
- It's NORMAL for this step to fail. It took me about 20 tries on my first run. Don't be concerned if your phone begins to heat up, again, this is normal.
8. Once the exploit has ran, congratulations, you are now Jailbroken! Although, there is one more step!
2bToHTh.png

9. Click on the done button, and click "extract dkpg". This will fix cydia from crashing instantly on load.
1OoPKWN.png

10. ???
11. Profit!

As I did mention, this jailbreak is useless for the main users, when loading cydia you will be presented with this:
PM1X1sw.png

Just click "Return to Cydia" and boom, done.
IqTqNqB.png

I nor Se7ensins are held responsible for any damage caused to your device.

Thank you for reading, and enjoy your newly exploited device!

Last edited:
Snowy

Snowy

Let it snow
Hidden Devils
Solutions
Reaction score
Sin$
App specific passwords are only required if the account has 2 Factor Authentication (2FA) enabled, otherwise, the password associated with the account will work just fine.

Jamdoogen

Jamdoogen

Let's turn forever, you and me
Reaction score
Sin$
App specific passwords are only required if the account has 2 Factor Authentication (2FA) enabled, otherwise, the password associated with the account will work just fine.
Ok mate thanks

rocky11185

rocky11185

Getting There
Reaction score
Sin$
I really wanted to jaolbreak but I'll have to check another thread. I'm struggling to read anything here cuz of the OP's font color.

Thanks for sharing though.

rocky11185

rocky11185

Getting There
Reaction score
Sin$
Looks much better now. Thank you. I'll have to keep this in mind for when substrate is supported.

Top Bottom
Login
Register