Mercenaries Playground of Destruction Modding

Discussion in 'Xbox Games' started by swampyevilnut, Jun 26, 2009 with 4 replies and 3,254 views.

1. swampyevilnut

swampyevilnut Newbie

Ratings:
    Pictures will be coming soon but I'll try to be as descriptive as possible.

Mercenaries has a bunch of .ini files than can be modified if you rip the disk or install to your HD (like I did).

The most modding I've been able to do so far is mainly in the rs.ini file. From there, right up at the top of the file there should be 2 options GodMode and InfiniteAmmo with there variables OFF. Just simply edit them ON and for the rest of the game both commands will remain on as if you typed in the cheat. Not too 'modded' I know.

Scrolling down though, you will find variables for your jumping, like the velocity at which you jump and the velocity max that you can move while in the air. So moonjump mods, or simply you can mod it to give you more control while airborn. (something I found lacking in Mercenaries)

Now scrolling even farther down you should find the factions' default "emotions" towards you and the other factions. The very FIRST column is the factions default emotion towards the player. By setting them ALL to 1.0, even the North Koreans, you can start the game off with a nice happy faction set. ALONG WITH The North Koreans will not shoot you on site. By adjusting all the other variables you can set if the other factions hate eachother or, you can simply have peace and have all factions 1.0.

-0.6 i think is a faction hating you.
    -0.4 is dislike
    0 around there is neutral
    1.0 is friendly

a little trick, set the North Koreans to something pretty high like 10 on the first column and it seems that they wont hate you permenantly no matter what you do.

Farther down than that you get to my favorite part. The damage done by bullets, big bullets, sniper bullets, explosives, etc.

The titles on all the damage lists are pretty self explanitory but for the sake of this...tutorial of sorts, there is a few I'd like to mention.

The very first damage listing to come up is the damage done to the player by the different things. Like bullets and big bullets, missiles, etc. To make yourself stronger and make the game easier, lower the variables. to make it more a challenge you could bump up the damage done to you.

To mod the HUD go into the XBOXdata file (i think is what its called, sorry my xbox isnt near me atm) and within there is a file HUD. Within HUD there is hud.ini. All the code is quite obvious to see what stands for what as far as, HUD color and what it is.

A little note, to mod the yellow circle around an objective, like, when you have to talk to the factions and theres that yellow circle around there feet. Well, just look through the colors and see which one is yellow. All the colors for the HUD are presented in RGB or ARGB, they're clearly labled on the left.

I really hope this helps at all... seeing as its my first post I hope this is even

• Like Like x 1
  2. k0m1kaz33

k0m1kaz33 Enthusiast

Ratings:
    I know you never said this is new, but, It is not new :tongue:

But props on posting this:thumbup:

3. OP
    swampyevilnut

swampyevilnut Newbie

Ratings:
    Out of boredom I looked into Mercenaries some more. I'll be uploading my findings eventually but so you know what to look forward to I guess, I listed all the sky textures and about every atmosphere variable I could find. Along with how to shrink the game from its big 2+ gig to around 350 mb. (if you dont mind no music, no cinematics, and Fiona not talking.) Lol.

4. dragon741

dragon741 Banned

Ratings:
  5. 012345

012345 Newbie

Ratings:
    (Sorry for my bad english)
    Hi guys, hi swampevilnut I'm here today to ask you about a post that you, years ago, told people that it was possible to change the values in the game to allow the person to gain certain benefits in play. I am writing to you why I wanted to ask if it was possible to replace the texture of the PS2 version of the game with that of the xbox? It's possible? I wonder why I would like to come back to playing this fantastic video game on the ps2 emulator though with the benefits of the high quality textures of the xbox version. I look forward to your answer. Thanks anyway.