Memory Lane (former modding scene members come catchup)

Discussion in 'Xbox 360 Modding & Tutorials' started by Sycc, Jan 22, 2017 with 43 replies and 5,206 views.

1. Sycc

Sycc Custom Title:

Ratings:
    when I first entered the modding scene I was a 10 yr old who saved up enough for a jtag and wanted it to host xp lobbies and it diverted into the next 3 years of my life. I quickly became obsessed on how people made them even work. Thats when I got into coding. Before I even knew what java, C++, or C# was I found myself looking at a .dll file written in C++ and with the will to learn I taught myself how to code from trial and error and changing the lines and seeing what it did. Before long I knew how to code in C++ and this expanded into many different languages. Although I did not make significant findings using reverse languages such as powerpc because my reverse skills were well tbh awful this scene and experience made me realize that its my true passion to become a game developer. I am now 18 years old looking to attend Michigan State University to go to one of the best schools for game development in the nation to chase my dreams of becoming a lead game developer. As a child that went through extreme social isolation during the years the modding scene thrived I made many close ties to people over the internet. Now, as an adult with real friends who love me I look back on those years and realise these people were some of my first real friends I have ever made. However so much time has passed that I dont remember or have contact with any of these people. I only remember a few alias's vaugley. With this thread I just want people who were involved in the now dead xbox 360 scene to catchup as to what they are doing in real world. This scene heavily impacted the man I am today and will in the future as I strive to follow my dreams. I just hope people such as who were involved in the script kiddy group known as team geckos and others more recognizable names like droseum20 , @smileh4x , Chr0m3 x MoDz, iMaes , iM ShARk xX, CraigChrist8239, Cakes who were active members of the xbox mod scene log into their accounts looking to touch bases with their online friends of the past and see this thread allowing them to talk to touch bases with people from long ago. Although I didn't have the knowledge to make a big contribution to the modding scene at the time the names listed above made me not only realise my dreams but how they can be accomplished as well. Although some of you made fun of my "****** power pc" and what not all of it made me who I am today. I love all you guys and I hope to touch bases soon.

• Like Like x 8
    • Informative Informative x 2
    Last edited: Jan 22, 2017
  2. Chr0m3 x MoDz

Chr0m3 x MoDz Knowledge is power, Power is corruption VIP

Ratings:
    Hey, I'm not up to much these days, quit modding after multiple C&D's, even got one from MS themselves..

Now I am a sponsored E-Sports driver, and I do YouTube videos, world record runs on games like DiRT Rally etc, with my insane setup from my pic :wink:

Nice to see you are following up your dreams, I wish to do something like that, I'm currently still studying, I'm about to finish my I.T, Retail, Business certificates, we will see what comes after that :biggrin:

• Like Like x 5
    • Informative Informative x 1
  3. x FuZiioN x

x FuZiioN x I've Been around forever, Kid. Retired

Ratings:
    Man, where can I start?

I'm one of the very, very few who actually was around in the Early days back in 2007 - 2010. I've had some sick memories, and lost some good friends online that no longer play or I've just lost in-touch with.

Back in the day, you had people who were mature and actually had fun. Now days, all you hear is Kid's on the Microphone talking smack and all we as a community hear is the two words; RGH and JTAG.

Still remember the day when CoD: 4 was only a year old and my long-lost friend Max a/k/a iTzLuPo invited me to a game and everyone was flying around with No-clip, Unlimited Ammo, and Godmode.

v

Well, when late 2009 came into place that was when the ORIGINAL 'King Kong Exploit' was released. After a couple of months, it was 2010 and that's when they found an easier method to hack these consoles which was the infamous 'The JTAG Hack'.

That was when the original MW2 TU5 - TU6 XP Lobbies went down.

Everyone using dudeeitsbrian or KBrizzle patches, would always edit them it FFViewer and put their own 'doHeart' text in and claim that they 'made' it.

Still remember the day when everyone thought jester Xbox Live Stealth Cygnos chipped JTAG was Unbannable with flaming armor on Halo 3. Everyone who knew about this, was like 'Hey, Jester has a Unbannable JTAG how does he do it?'.

You: 'Hi man, got any Shared KVs for sale?'
    Seller: 'Yeah, $30 a Pop'.

- EVERYONE back then.

Christmas Light KeyVault's: You hated someone who has a JTAG? No problem! Send them a Christmas Light KV and that's their console done!

I can go on forever about this Subject.

Hopefully these people that I tag will one day come on, and remember these good old days!

LuPo G0DLYMODZ xI cHOcOLaTe

Rest in Piece 'The Modding Community' - 2008 - 2010.

• Like Like x 5
  4. Trolinity

Trolinity Enthusiast

Ratings:
    Gosh Its been years sense I did any modding..... I remember when XBLStealth came out and all the ****** other ones did too. I remember making XRPC Programs. I remember trying to find the hashes in HV's to get online. Been a long road.

• Like Like x 1
  5. Medaka

Medaka Getting There

Ratings:
    Yeah I remember you. You tried ratting me with KYZA saying "test my program and tell me if my UI is good" and I said okay. But I never opened the program knowing what it was, so I said it looked good and you were like, you probably never opened it. Yeah, good times.

• Like Like x 3
    • Informative Informative x 2
  6. Dwack

Dwack Now employed at Dominoes!

Ratings:
    I wonder how Eaton, Anthony, Nickcas and SuperModder911 are?

:wink::wink::wink::wink::wink::wink::wink::wink::wink::wink::wink::wink::wink::wink::wink::wink::wink::wink::wink::wink::wink::wink::wink::wink::wink::wink::wink:

• Like Like x 5
  7. Medaka

Medaka Getting There

Ratings:
    Probably covering their anuses with magazines in the can.
    :wink::wink::wink::wink::wink::wink::wink::wink::wink::wink::wink::wink::wink::wink::wink::wink::wink::wink::wink::wink::wink::wink::wink::wink::wink::wink::wink:

• Like Like x 2
  8. Delusional Mods

Delusional Mods Enthusiast

Ratings:
    Good I miss the old day's sadly enough I didn't get my first modded Xbox tell title update 7 Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 2. Don't laugh at me I was very stupid and young got a xenon JTAG omg what a mistake that was. After that console went bye bye I got a Falcon RGH lasted me about a good three years. During those three years though I started making menus for Call of Duty World at War retail to retail by the way. Some of the menu names where Toxic Visionary, Project Delirious, Grim Reaper v1 - v3. Did some Call of Duty 4: Modern Warfare menu's not many though and non ever got released.
    Made some god offal menus for Modern Warfare 2 wont deny that one at all. Made some Modern Warfare 2 tools as well. DeliriousKVs MW2 tool and so many other ****** tools god now I look back at this is there a delete my account button for this forum cause I don't deserve to be here.

Now all I do is work on my stealth server as something to do as I got board with everything else. It's not that great of a server but it's just something for me to pass time with.

World at War Example

Modern Warfare 2 Examples.

• Like Like x 1
  9. AskingAlexandria

AskingAlexandria Enthusiast

Ratings:
    I started out modding in the days of halo 2, stripping and making my own maps, with the Killtrocity Map Pack as inspiration. So many late nights spent up all night trying to perfect my maps and making them enjoyable to myself, and who ever i had over to play system link. I can't remember when it was but then i started getting into the Jtag scene, you know, the old fat b**tards that needed one of the first dashboards to be Jtagged. I started off with some Halo 3 modding then moved to COD, making my own patches/dlls from scratch, I must say i really do miss the modding community, I even went out and bought a new RGH, the Slim E model. (Which i found weird at first because I didn't think they could be RGH'd) Now I'm 21 and have a 10 month old son who I love very much, I've bailed on my passion for Modding/Gaming and started to admire cars, I currently own a 2013 Mitsubishi Lancer that is currently being stripped down and turbocharged, and I'm currently on a waiting list for Auto body in college, Life is going a lot better, I was also in social isolation, which was a very tough 10 years (Kindergarden- High School) but everything is slowly starting to piece together :smile:

• Like Like x 1
  10. Element18592

Element18592 Trusted Seller

Ratings:
    Eaton is still "around". Haven't heard from Nickcas, Ant, or SuperModder in along time though.

11. Medaka

Medaka Getting There

Ratings:
    yeah eaton is around alright, around all the prisoners getting his booty.

• Like Like x 1
  12. Unbound 7s

Unbound 7s 0x50676f573

Ratings:
    I don't think any of the original elite modders are around anymore. I know teh1337 isn't from what I've seen. pcfreak30 not sure... Cow or XeXWill not sure... Eaton is around apparently. Not sure about james.. UHH and whoever else. Oh yea that craigchrist dude...

• Like Like x 2
  13. xXBeefyDjXx

xXBeefyDjXx Long time Sinner

Ratings:
    I also relate to the scene, I got my first RGH Back in 2012, After getting involved with the first round of Jailbroken PS3s online, I remember finding out about the 3.55 update, And Swapping my slim on 3.8 something for my friends phat because he never played online and I immediately updated it to Rogeros patch, stuck a couple of GTA IV patches on it, and watched as kids everywhere were asking for mods galore on near on every game, COD, GTA, the works!

I got bored quickly of Jailbroken ps3s and went to xbox because that's both where the best scene and all my friends were, especially those who would appreciate mods!

I never owned a JTAG, They quickly got expensive and I wanted something stable and new, I also couldn't source any JTAGs here in the UK for less than £200+.

My First RGH was a Trinity 500GB With a chip I cannot remember, but it was dual nand, like a Demon, but a cheap rip off. Worked perfectly, Sold it 2 years ago to someone on S7 I belive, but I cannot remember their alias. The Same dude I brought the Trinity off also sold me a Corona a year later, and then left the scene to persue family life.

They came to S7 because I recommended they come here, They were on a much smaller forums I joined, and have since forgotten, but the dude used to go by the name of HeavySmoker in most forums.

It's pretty surprising how quick the scene died down, I suppose all good things must eventually come to an end. I miss the good old lobbies, The friends I made along the way, the countless banned gamertags often both down to mods, and the obscene names, such as "IW Gay COD FanBoy", "OsamaBinLaidOff" Surprisingly enough, I never got a console ID banned, Not on ps3 or Xbox 360. I used to use my main account for Infections back in the day by infecting a Fat Xbox using a LAN party then going online. Those were great days lmao

Props to the main men of the Scene, such as Chr0m3 x MoDz , x FuZiioN x and dudeeitsbrian especially, I used to use nothing but their patches for COD and GTA IV and V.

I do miss those days, but they hold pretty fond memories, Happy ones. May the Scene forever live on, in one way or another. RIP Xbox 360 mods.

• Like Like x 2
  14. UNIXReturns

UNIXReturns Newbie

Ratings:
    Just made an RGH Jasper a few days ago just to relive a little bit. Back in 2009/10 i remember hacking my first Xenon board with Xellous and XBR. I was never interested in lobbies or online hacks. I did however love to jump on Xlink and do some collaborative Halo 3 map mods. Somewhere along the way I found myself building the Xenon toolchain on my laptop that I formatted to Linux and running my own code. I was a regular in #LibXenon, testing binaries and sharing my own. I never really build anything groundbreaking. I wasn't one of the guys writing and maintaining the low level XeLL code, but I had a great time with my experiments. The RGH I just built I plan to just load with emulators so I can have a multi-system. But maybe I'll build the xenon toolchain again and build a little game for fun. Shoutout to everyone who was in #LibXenon and hope you're all well!

15. Cadette

Cadette Enthusiast

Ratings:
    Wish i was around back in those day's so i could experience everything you guys did, I was around but not as a modder, I had a retail at the time but it got console banned sadly :frown:, But i did run into the occasional modder and i remember one time he sounded like he was from the UK and he said he was doing something with system link and to hold on a minute, After that i remember him telling me to join him and he hosted a challenge lobby for me haha! I think it was MODDEDWARFARE or something probably, Back in like 2013 is when i got the challenge lobby, Now i finally got the console i wanted which was a Falcon RGH 1.2 and ive had it since last summer and i have to say all the kids nowadays just ask for free mods and get butthurt if you don't give them what they want. Wish the good ole days can come back so i can relive the times you guys did as it sounds so fun. I remember going on TTG and getting into MW2 lobbys and it was so fun even though i got into modded lobbies with **** modders but hey it happens and i could und

• Like Like x 1
  16. xXBeefyDjXx

xXBeefyDjXx Long time Sinner

Ratings:
    That might well have been me haha, I used to have 2 retails, and my dual nand RGH and I used to hook the 2 retails into a system link, infect with challenge lobbies, rainbow hacks, prestige lobbies and more shenanigans then go online into both public and private lobbies.

17. XeFalcon RGH

XeFalcon RGH Enthusiast

Ratings:
    I didn't have a jtag back then but i would play mw2 in its glory days and would get into xp lobbies occasionally. I screamed so hard into my xbox headset when i got a kill that was worth +2147e00 xp LOL. Sometime in 2011 when i was in middle school my older cousin got a jtag and whenever there was a party at his house we would all split screen on mw2 and fly around and laugh. Good times. His jtag red ringed that year so he gave it to me and i did the towel trick and revived the jtag for a short time until it decided to E74 on me. Memories memories memories.

18. WarHeadinc

WarHeadinc 7sin's Lobby Hoster

Ratings:
    Pcfreak30 is long gone. I havent heard of him in years. XexWill is the same

19. CHEMO

CHEMO I know a thing or two about a thing or two..

Ratings:
    Cow is still on AIM, PCFreak30 still runs/owns his site, XeXWill disappeared ages ago nobody from ZZ9 has talked to him last I heard, Eaton still runs FatXplorer, CraigChrist8239 is still the GOAT, and as for Teh1337 there's several rumors regarding his disappearance one I heard he supposedly enrolled into a college in china/japan. What happened to Paul/Craig (Medusa) or DarkDreamer (the con-artist himself) :vomit:

20. Hybrid_Mods

Hybrid_Mods Enthusiast

Ratings:
    How does one infact receive a Cease & Desist from MS? or even multiple of them lmao?

• Like Like x 1