Solved Memorex DVD DL

• Thread starter KillaMike999
  • Start date
  • Views 2,347
K

KillaMike999

Reaction score
Sin$
Hey, Im just wondering if memorex dvd dl will work for me? What is the diffrence between verbs and these?

I am planning on these: Newegg.com - Memorex 8.5GB 8X DVD+R DL 50 Packs Cake Box Disc - CD / DVD Media

I have a liteon drive, so I was told these arnt picky, so it should accept memorex right?

I tried HP DVD DL and they ddint work, on the 360 it said play game but it didnt work.

Also, I guess it depends on your burner, so this si the burner I use: Newegg.com - HP 20X DVD+R USB 2.0 External DVD-Writer Model dvd1040 LightScribe Support - External CD / DVD Drives

I use my macbook and I use X360-ISO HACKER to burn it.

So are memorex my way to go? or should i spend the extra money and get verbs?

T

TheMagicNumber

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Sin$
verbatims are tried and tested by most 360 owners who burn games cos there are rarely defective ones and the sucess rate of a good burn is high.
with those memorex i guarantee a high fail rate..they aint cheap as **** for nothing,so what you save at initial pay out will add up with alot of dirty disc errors.
and any dl burner will work.

G

gcnd0001

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Sin$
Memorex works fine. 95% of the time coasters come from user error or a computer error. If I get a coaster I just restart and it is fine. Now I restart every time and have no problems!

W

whiteforlife

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Sin$
TheMagicNumber said:
verbatims are tried and tested by most 360 owners who burn games cos there are rarely defective ones and the sucess rate of a good burn is high.
with those memorex i guarantee a high fail rate..they aint cheap as **** for nothing,so what you save at initial pay out will add up with alot of dirty disc errors.
and any dl burner will work.

What are you talking about? I have always used memorex and I have had 1 bad burn EVER.

T

TheMagicNumber

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Sin$
whiteforlife said:
What are you talking about? I have always used memorex and I have had 1 bad burn EVER.
what am i talking about?experience.this guy asked for advice so im telling him what i know personally,whether you agree or not,is from your experience.i used mem and i found i was getting errors,i switched to verbs about 4 months ago and have not had one bad burn.also the games ive burnt a while ago and have had alot of play on mems have started to give me dirty disc errors...and no,the verbs havnt.
so,whiteforlife,take it as advice not if you dont do this you will die.jees.
even on the page he links to one of the first reviews says theyre ****.

E

EclipseModz

VIP
VIP
Retired
Reaction score
Sin$
TheMagicNumber said:
what am i talking about?experience.this guy asked for advice so im telling him what i know personally,whether you agree or not,is from your experience.i used mem and i found i was getting errors,i switched to verbs about 4 months ago and have not had one bad burn.also the games ive burnt a while ago and have had alot of play on mems have started to give me dirty disc errors...and no,the verbs havnt.
so,whiteforlife,take it as advice not if you dont do this you will die.jees.
even on the page he links to one of the first reviews says theyre ****.
How about this.
Verbatims and Memorex's are just about the best disc to use...
Only reason Verbatims are better is because basically all drives can read them and they have a longer life span.
Memorex are troublesome in samsung drives sometimes but all other drives read them fine.
Memorex has a shorter life span but its not like it matters. They last for an extremely long time anyway.

Bottom line. Memorex for the people that don't have verbatims available to them locally and don't want to buy them online.

Verbatims for people that want to buy them local or they can buy online where they are just about the same price as memorex.

F

Fredmc2020

Reaction score
Sin$
Just want to add my 2 cents as I have used both Verbatim and Memorex...

Verbatim works great, in fact I have NEVER had a problem burning or playing them in my BenQ 360. They are the safest option if you are unsure how your xbox 360 will react to cheaper discs...

Memorex is a lower quality disc, which makes it more difficult for some 360's to read. It seems that some 360's simply can't read it with the stock laser settings. This was the case with mine; I kept getting "dirty disc" or "eject" until I performed a POT Tweak to the laser to basically turn up the power to the laser. Since the tweak I have had NO problems AT ALL with the cheaper memorex discs.

If you decide to do the POT tweak, just be sure to use a multimeter. There are some good tuts on these forums just search for it.

Top Bottom
Login
Register