• Views 271
Status
Not open for further replies.
Nothinbeter2do

Nothinbeter2do

Banned
Reaction score
Sin$
Is it a virus? I use it for Happy hour Premium, but if its a virus, I don't want it. Spybot says that it is a tracker and tracks every website I go to. Also, it has Alexa.

I found this somewhere else.
thumb.jpg

I heard that Alexa was adware that tracks the websites you go to.

So, should I be worried about the toolbar?

C

confused5

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Sin$
I try to avoid toolbars since more often than not they do come with some form of adware or spyware, even if they aren't used for malicious purposes. Just did a Google search and i see a lot of claims that it is malware so I would get rid of it but unless you are having problems with your browser you don't necessarily have to

Nothinbeter2do

Nothinbeter2do

Banned
Reaction score
Sin$
Well I used Spybot to remove it and it still works. So maybe it just removed the bad stuff?

TehPhelix

TehPhelix

VIP
VIP
Retired
Reaction score
Sin$
I would keep monitoring it though because it might have more virus'/adware/spyware in there that you haven't found yet.

C

confused5

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Sin$
Spybot never misses anything for me so I'm sure he's clean. If it removed the malware and the toolbar still works then I don't see a problem with you keeping it, but yeah like felix said keep an eye on it

Ibdc

Ibdc

VIP
VIP
Retired
Forum Addict MotM
Reaction score
Sin$
Try to stay away from toolbars all together. They just crowd up your browser and really aren't that useful typically.

Nothinbeter2do

Nothinbeter2do

Banned
Reaction score
Sin$
The only reason I have it is because from 9pm to 3am EST time you get free premium.

TerminatioN

TerminatioN

Salty Retired
VIP
Retired
Mythical Veteran Scaling the Mountain Forum Addict
Reaction score
Sin$
I think Alexa does in fact track where you go as, I think Alexa keeps track of the most visited sites and what not, and this is how it does it. I think at one point Azzid actually asked people to install the toolbar to get Se7enSins' Alexa rank up.

I don't think its anything to worry about. While it might track where you go, it is not using it for malicious purposes and I don't think it records any of your data along with it. Its simply used for keeping track of where people go most. If you're paranoid get rid of it, otherwise I think you'll be ok.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom
Login
Register