What's new

Discussion "Mega" Thread: What would you like to see included?

• Thread starter xXBeefyDjXx
  • Start date
  • Views 392
xXBeefyDjXx

xXBeefyDjXx

Long time Sinner
Community Champion
Premium
MotM Experienced Veteran 10th Anniversary
Reaction score
Hi everyone,

I started building a mega thread for the Xbox around 4 months ago, and on/off I have spent long hours working on typing everything up, and following my currently written guides to verify they work 100%.

Within this thread I am also documenting various types of console, from the Dev Prototypes, to Debug and Retail Variants, as well as documenting things like custom mods, types of modchip, and a complete rundown of error codes and fixes for even the stupidest of mistakes.

The *Ultimate* goal is to have a condensed list for each item, and the information is to be well documented, but effective. Less googling, more time doing!

My question to the 7S Community is: What would you like to see in a "Mega Thread"?

With the Death of Eurasia I am also actively compiling all the software and items I can for "Archive Purposes", so if you happen to have anything, please let me know!

AzzidReign

AzzidReign

Man with the plan
Administrator
Platinum Record A Milli Tutorial Creator
Reaction score
What would you like to see
I'd like to see what you have first :smile: I've recently went through the Xbox Apps and Tutorials sections and cleaned up a lot of threads, included new links, reformatted tutorials, etc. so it would be nice to see if you have anything that could update what we already have, especially with regards to the dev stuff. We've recently updated a few threads with xdk and xig to have working links that I haven't seen anywhere else when I was searching for them.

xXBeefyDjXx

xXBeefyDjXx

Long time Sinner
Community Champion
Premium
Reaction score
I'd like to see what you have first :smile: I've recently went through the Xbox Apps and Tutorials sections and cleaned up a lot of threads, included new links, reformatted tutorials, etc. so it would be nice to see if you have anything that could update what we already have, especially with regards to the dev stuff. We've recently updated a few threads with xdk and xig to have working links that I haven't seen anywhere else when I was searching for them.
Edit: since I can't PM you. Here's a list of things I have done so far:

Contents of my thread (Planned):

{Official Xbox Types/Revisions (Info + Image Gallery)}
(Development kits, and retail consoles timeline)

{Custom Xboxes, Cases/Case Mods (Info + Image Gallery)}
Premade board upgrades, Case mods, etc

assembly/disassembly of an Xbox console

[Identifying your Xbox Version (Motherboard revisions, dashes, etc)]

[Using USB Drives with XBOX]
[ Controller Memory Card Port USB Conversion]
[Console Controller Port USB Conversion]
[Using USBs with the Stock Dashboard]
[Using USBs with Custom Dashboards]

[Case Mods]
[RGB Mod for clear cases]

[Motherboard Guides]

[Removing the Clock Capacitor]
[Diagnosing/Replacing Faulty Capacitors]
[Cleaning the Motherboard/Replacing the Thermal Paste]

[(1.6) LPC Rebuild]
[(1.6 back to stock)LFRAME Rebuild]
[(1.0-1.5): EEPROM/BIOS Recovery]

Softmod, TSOP Flash, and Modchip Install How-Tos
[Softmod VS TSOP VS Modchip Comparison]

[Softmodding your XBOX]
A: The Rocky5 Way
B: Hotswapping to PC and installing via XboxHDM

[TSOP Modding your XBOX (V1.0-1.5)] ( I have written my own TSOP Guide, which you can find here on Reddit: )
[Installing Modchips]

Repair/Upgrade Tutorials
[Replacing the DVD Drive with either ORIGINAL or a PC drive]
[Repairing/Rebuilding your Hard Disk]
[Replacing/Upgrading your Hard Disk]
[Dual Hard Disk Upgrade/Mod]

Modchip/TSOP Tutorials

[NO DVD BIOS mod (EVOX BIOS)]
[Changing BIOS]
[Making an Aladdin XBLAST from a X Lite Chip]

Linux on the Original Xbox
[Booting Linux on Softmods/Normal Modchips]
[Full Linux Box Conversion]

Recovery CDs
[A Full listing of every error code, explanations and ways to fix]

Last edited:
AzzidReign

AzzidReign

Man with the plan
Administrator
Platinum Record A Milli Tutorial Creator
Reaction score
xXBeefyDjXx xXBeefyDjXx

Honestly, you might get better results if many of those were separate guides than 1 big mega thread. And then you can link to each of your threads for users to continue to follow however they see fit. By doing them separate, you are likely to get more people finding your great information through search engines than having 1 big one and people be like "tl;dr".

I think we have a few of those on your list already.
My Rocky5 Tutorial - has the information on the USB with controller, making your own USB female port, and the option to just buy one (either cheap through ali or 5x the price or so through Amazon)
Softmod without a game
I'm sure there are more in the tutorial section but some of them may be out of date at this point with some of the applications being updated like Hexen and XboxHDM. I had planned on updating the XboxHDM thread we have with the newest information (which I think I've added the newest download link for it, just don't know about the process) but if you are going to write it, that would free me up to work on the site and prepare it for v8 :tongue:

Overall, your list looks amazing and am looking forward to seeing what you have to say! I do recommend separate threads but ultimately, it's up to you :smile: Be sure to tag me in the post when you make it!! And sorry about not being able to PM me...I got too many people PM'ing me about hosting modded lobbies or doing stuff for GTA that I just closed it off so I could be more productive than look like an a**hole for not answering people if I can't help bc I don't do any of that cheating stuff lol

xXBeefyDjXx

xXBeefyDjXx

Long time Sinner
Community Champion
Premium
Reaction score
xXBeefyDjXx xXBeefyDjXx

Honestly, you might get better results if many of those were separate guides than 1 big mega thread. And then you can link to each of your threads for users to continue to follow however they see fit. By doing them separate, you are likely to get more people finding your great information through search engines than having 1 big one and people be like "tl;dr".

I think we have a few of those on your list already.
My Rocky5 Tutorial - has the information on the USB with controller, making your own USB female port, and the option to just buy one (either cheap through ali or 5x the price or so through Amazon)
Softmod without a game
I'm sure there are more in the tutorial section but some of them may be out of date at this point with some of the applications being updated like Hexen and XboxHDM. I had planned on updating the XboxHDM thread we have with the newest information (which I think I've added the newest download link for it, just don't know about the process) but if you are going to write it, that would free me up to work on the site and prepare it for v8 :tongue:

Overall, your list looks amazing and am looking forward to seeing what you have to say! I do recommend separate threads but ultimately, it's up to you :smile: Be sure to tag me in the post when you make it!! And sorry about not being able to PM me...I got too many people PM'ing me about hosting modded lobbies or doing stuff for GTA that I just closed it off so I could be more productive than look like an a**hole for not answering people if I can't help bc I don't do any of that cheating stuff lol
Thanks for your input AzzidReign AzzidReign ! Blessed by your presence :tongue:

I'd be happy to take over the "Softmod without a game" Tutorial, Now a days it's possible to softmod using a IDE to USB converter. Wayyyy easier than the old hanging a hdd out the side of an old PC method :tongue:

The Softmod guides and other items I am doing, I am making my own iterations of the software. I'm crediting Rocky5 since I am modifying/simplifying his mod which is the cleanest by far, I just think that the amount of options for everyone makes them go TL;DR and thats how we end up with half bricked or broken mods and people complaining that it didn't work!

P.S, The GTA Mods thing was funny, but I totally would have done the same thing lmao

Top Bottom