it doesn't even look that great imo

Dave

Dave

Harbinger Of Common Sense
Retired
Bright Idea Hardened Veteran Sinner
Reaction score
Sin$
To be honest Destiny sounds to me like it's going to fail hard, barely anyone I know even knows about that game, and the ones that do are definitely not buying it(apart from 2 halo die-hards), might just be where I live but it seems there is 0 hype for it, unlike Titanfall. Although I agree Titanfall can't kill CoD, the only thing that is close is Battlefield, loads of people are converting from CoD to BF!
Comparing its exposure to Titanfall is a little silly. Titanfall's marketing campaign has had two of the biggest companies in gaming, Xbox and EA, advertising it for a long, long time. If it didn't have a massive amount of hype someone wouldn't be doing their job right.

You've got to remember that Destiny isn't out till September, that's 7 months! if you roll back 7 months ago, all people knew about Titanfall was that it was being made by Respawn and published by EA, and that it was highly regarded after a trailer. There's still a lot of ground ahead of Destiny to be catapulted into an advertising/exposure frenzy, and Activision will go for that during the summer.

Celty

Celty

The Black Rider
Reaction score
Sin$
Titanfall should be $30

Then why isn't CoD free? 
Call of Duty killed itself.

In the paper it's making?

BR_oyj_CAAAWkRN.jpg

Either way we look at it, CoD is going to stay around; Too many little children liked it, although when i was a child I myself did play CoD 3, but then again I was well taught unlike the children of today.

Anyways, Cod is just that game EVERYONE knows about.... My mom knows about it... her mom knows about cod... and probably every girl you meet that doesn't know about video games will MOST likely know what CoD is; because so many people play it. Hell, most of the members on this site are probably here for CoD anyways! It's just something everyone picked up first and liked it probably due to it's fact pace. Now i think IF titanfall was here before CoD then we'd probably be playing titanfall like we play CoD, and CoD would've been a game that ended up like a THQ game (I'm talking about you, spongebob :stop:) Or atleast i hope, because i sure the hell do dislike that game. I don't know, but all i'm sayin' is CoD will always stay, too many people know about it to let it die like that.. unless it gets removed from america.

Then everyones gonna storm to Battlefield like this :
6oJX3OI.gif

Last edited:
DirtyBear

DirtyBear

What does this do?
Services Grizzled Veteran Gifter
Reaction score
Sin$
Nothing can "Kill" CoD. Its too big of a name and it has too much of a footprint. Will it die down in numbers? Yes, but only for 2-3 months. Then people will go straight back ot CoD or whatever other game.

Shanty

Shanty

Spikey
Reaction score
Sin$
To be honest Destiny sounds to me like it's going to fail hard, barely anyone I know even knows about that game, and the ones that do are definitely not buying it(apart from 2 halo die-hards), might just be where I live but it seems there is 0 hype for it, unlike Titanfall. Although I agree Titanfall can't kill CoD, the only thing that is close is Battlefield, loads of people are converting from CoD to BF!
I'm really excited for it, yet I've never owned an Xbox, or even played Halo. :biggrin:

Weeb

Weeb

Leech®
Fabled Veteran Contest Sponsor Forum Addict
Reaction score
Sin$
Comparing its exposure to Titanfall is a little silly. Titanfall's marketing campaign has had two of the biggest companies in gaming, Xbox and EA, advertising it for a long, long time. If it didn't have a massive amount of hype someone wouldn't be doing their job right.

You've got to remember that Destiny isn't out till September, that's 7 months! if you roll back 7 months ago, all people knew about Titanfall was that it was being made by Respawn and published by EA, and that it was highly regarded after a trailer. There's still a lot of ground ahead of Destiny to be catapulted into an advertising/exposure frenzy, and Activision will go for that during the summer.
Just went and look at the release date for Destiny and realized that it was pretty far from release, but most of the people I know who saw the live action gameplay video thought it was like halo crossed with borderlands but didn't seem so interesting, too much like halo I guess?

Dave

Dave

Harbinger Of Common Sense
Retired
Bright Idea Hardened Veteran Sinner
Reaction score
Sin$
Just went and look at the release date for Destiny and realized that it was pretty far from release, but most of the people I know who saw the live action gameplay video thought it was like halo crossed with borderlands but didn't seem so interesting, too much like halo I guess?
The art has a degree of Borderlands-likeness to it, but that's all. I'd say it's more like Halo mixed with Mass Effect's element of RPG. I have faith in it, Bungie are yet to make a bad game for me, Reach wasn't the greatest game, but compared to other FPS's other there, it isn't bad!

I'm not sure what you mean by live-action gameplay though? Do you mean just live gameplay? Live action is one with actors; such as the Call of Duty adverts of recent.

Weeb

Weeb

Leech®
Fabled Veteran Contest Sponsor Forum Addict
Reaction score
Sin$
The art has a degree of Borderlands-likeness to it, but that's all. I'd say it's more like Halo mixed with Mass Effect's element of RPG. I have faith in it, Bungie are yet to make a bad game for me, Reach wasn't the greatest game, but compared to other FPS's other there, it isn't bad!

I'm not sure what you mean by live-action gameplay though? Do you mean just live gameplay? Live action is one with actors; such as the Call of Duty adverts of recent.
I was just watching the gameplay and the guns all had names and the bosses dropped the guns and idk why but it reminded me of borderlands, maybe I'm just grasping at straws?

also here's what I'm talking about:

Theres also this which is the one I actually meant lol

F

failman94

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Sin$
Nothing can "Kill" CoD. Its too big of a name and it has too much of a footprint. Will it die down in numbers? Yes, but only for 2-3 months. Then people will go straight back ot CoD or whatever other game.

CoD ain't going anywhere. Especially that MLG is contracted currently to have it as their sole competitive pro circuit shooter (whether it will last as the ONLY shooter will be debatable but you can be sure it will at least be one of them). It's the main competitive fps at the moment and due to activision having recent interest in supporting competitive I don't see that changing anytime soon. It may decrease, but I don't see it being gone in the foreseeable future. All major MMO's, FPS, and flagship titles of the current generation are unlikely to disappear for some time due to insatiable fan bases.

Mone

Mone

Getting There
Reaction score
Sin$
Meep i need to buy a xbone or build a gaming pc quick! The videos are killing me this game looks awesome

T3DDY_173

T3DDY_173

the official T3DDY
Hardened Veteran Frame In Gold Forum Addict
Reaction score
Sin$
Call of Duty is too much of a social game now. I think this game is more comparable to Killzone for Playstation. I think Destiny will only appeal to Halo fans, which is really at a minimal right now.

killzone isnt even close to this game.
there is no huge robots u drive in killzone, its a normal fps (in the future thats all) 
DESTINY FTW

DOMIN8

DOMIN8

Content Green and Yellow
Content Team
VIP
Retired
Mythical Veteran Scaling the Mountain Platinum Record
Solutions
Reaction score
Sin$
I don't personally consider this a CoD killer since I don't play CoD. This just looks like a fun, new FPS and I enjoyed the beta so I'll be playing it next Tuesday. :wink:

Hairy LongJohn

Hairy LongJohn

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Sin$
In my opinion this is better than Battlefield

Funny. You can't compare this to BF4 or CoD. The reason I play those 2 is because they are realistic, not two anime robots shooting at each other. The closest thing you could relate that to is probably Halo, which I don't play much of anyways.

Why were you disappointed with BF4? They are adding TONS of content constantly, and not just weapon camos and horrible maps like CoD.

Racist

Racist

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Sin$
I don't believe it will kill Battlefield or Call of Duty, But i believe from experience from the beta i think its better/more fun than Call of Duty. Battlefield isn't even the same type of FPS game.

Top Bottom
Login
Register