Solved Maximize hard drive space

• Thread starter dartagnan111
  • Start date
  • Views 422
D

dartagnan111

Reaction score
Sin$
Ok, I have been Googling this for a while, and never seem to come up with a definitive answer. I have a Jasper 360 that is RGH modded. What are the largest drives I can use for this? There is the drive on the top that is in the enclosure, and I read that you can put any 2.5" drive in it. So, it should be possible to use a 2TB 2.5" drive in it, right?

Also, I have been reading about individuals who solder connections using larger drives. Is it possible to use a 3 or 4 TB 3.5" drive this way, in addition to the drive above?

Finally, what is the absolute max USB drive size I can use? Many are saying 2 TB, formatted to FAT32. However, I have also been reading about FATXplorer, that can remove the 16 and 32 GB limitation on what the xbox formats. Is it possible to use this on, say, a 4TB drive, and allow the 360 to format the whole thing? Or format the whole thing in the file system the 360 uses with FATXplorer?

Ultimately, I want to keep the retail games on the USB drive, except the ones that need to be GOD formatted. I want to keep all the xbla games and DLC on the "internal" drives, as well as the profile data. What do you guys think? Has anyone really tested out the maximum drive sizes 360 can use?

Thanks in advance guys!

mrd1xon12

mrd1xon12

The Rapture dream is over..
Reaction score
Sin$
if you have an RGH then you have no need to have the HDD formatted by the xbox, unless of course you are using it with another retail

Hypotoad

Hypotoad

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Sin$
Just get a USB drive and format it to fat32, you can go up to 2tb, I have a 1tb internal and it will hold well over 100 games.

D

dartagnan111

Reaction score
Sin$
I already have a 2tb usb hard drive connected with games on it. My question is, is it possible to use something bigger than that? I know it is difficult to format FAT32 in large drives, but can I somehow format, for instance, this drive, with 360's own file system and make it work?

http://www.tigerdirect.com/applications/SearchTools/item-details.asp?EdpNo=7739051&CatId=2421

I am trying to utilize something larger than 2 tb. Has anyone successfully accomplished this?

Any opinions on the first two parts of my original thread?

Hypotoad

Hypotoad

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Sin$
I'm pretty sure that 2tb's is the biggest whether it's 2.5" or 3.5", the solder trick you are talking about is to power the 3.5" drive and not to allow a larger capacity drive.

D

dartagnan111

Reaction score
Sin$
So, to make sure I am understanding correctly, I can use a 2tb 2.5" drive in the enclosure for the internal drive, and 2tb drive(s) for the USB connection to hold the retail games. Is that correct? There isn't any way to increase the amount of space you can use? Either by using drives bigger than 2tb or using more of them? Is there a way to get the 360 to recognize more than one internal drive?

Top Bottom
Login
Register