Max Memory

Discussion in 'Xbox 360 Support Archive' started by Sol Invictus, Jun 19, 2009 with 4 replies and 335 views.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Sol Invictus

Sol Invictus Contributor

Ratings:
    Does anyone know if xport or xplorer works with the Max Memory Xbox 360 MU, that they just came out since they can only support up to 16gb. I am getting a 2gb one and i dont know if it will work or not with the xport or xplorer360 software. If any anyone could help that would be great.

2. EclipseModz

EclipseModz Retired Retired

Ratings:
  3. OP
    Sol Invictus

Sol Invictus Contributor

Ratings:
    The reason i was asking is because it makes the process a lot faster than having to disconnect the hardrive and having to go offline where as i can stay on LIVE and transfer stuff. I was just curious i guess ill have to try it when they deliver it.:thumbup:

4. iwantthemoney

iwantthemoney Enthusiast

Ratings:
    Unfortunately, Datel's XB360 Max Memory unit does NOT work with Datel's pre-existing hardware products such as Xport, Xsata, Xbox Memory Unit Transfer Kit, or any of the other similar devices/cables.

However, the microSD card that comes with the XB360 Max Memory can be recognized by software such as Xplorer360, as well as Datel's various software programs such as Xport and the Max Memory program that comes with the device.

Most importantly, you are REQUIRED to use a microSD card reader/adapter that you connect or have built into your computer, in order for the microSD card to be read. You can't just plug the whole device into one of Datel's other products. These microSD cards are very small (size of a pinky fingernail), and they way the memory unit is designed makes it really hard to remove the microSD card.

The 2GB or 4GB versions contain this memory on a microSD card and NOT embedded memory. So if you plan on using a higher capacity card such as 8GB / 16GB, get whichever version of the Maxy Memory device you can find the cheapest. The included card is already formatted for use on the Xbox 360. If you add your own card, you can easily format it from within the dashboard.

If you have any other questions, let me know.

We made a little review/demo of the device which you can find here:

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3WUfpphTzlk"]YouTube - Xbox 360 Expandable Memory Cards - Review of Datel XB360 MAX Memory - 720p HD[/ame]​

:smile: Thanks.​

5. OP
    Sol Invictus

Sol Invictus Contributor

Ratings:
    Thanks that helps i got a card reader and i was not sure if xplorer360 or xport would pick it up since its not the memroy card itself. I bought a 8gb for like 10$ bucks on amazon that will work woot woot.