Question Matrix v1 muffin install on Corona v2 not booting into Xell

• Thread starter harrisonthegame
  • Start date
  • Views 592
harrisonthegame

harrisonthegame

Reaction score
Sin$
Hey, so I recently picked up a 360 to be my first hard mod. After taking it apart, I found it to be a Corona v2 running dashboard v17559. I did some talking with the owner of the theweekendmodder.com and he advised for a newbie like me to do a muffin cr4 install of a matrix v1 with 48mhz oscillator that came pre-flashed with the corona 3-1 timing file and uses an sd tool 2.2 from the mod shop to get at the nand. I purchased the supplies and got the sd tool installed and read the nand to my computer using j runner. I then went to install the matrix and had a little trouble with some pads getting messed up by my cheap iron but I got my PhD student friend to use his lab to fix the pads and finish the soldering and check it with his multimeter. I then went home and made an ECC file and wrote it to the Xbox and plugged it in expecting to boot to xell. I waited and waited but the green light on the front stayed lit and the matrix would blink long blue and then two short blue blinks over and over. I rewrote the ECC over and over making sure I used the cr4 17559 options in j runner. No matter what I try I can't figure out how to proceed and need help from an experienced modder. What should I do and what are my options?

gunn1e

gunn1e

Enthusiast
Solutions
Reaction score
Sin$
Hi, did you tick the cr box before creating/witting the ECC ? This i have missed before & has caused me no end of boot issues, feflash the retail nand with the chip wired up & see if you get a successful boot.

P

Polyp

Reaction score
Sin$
Hi, I had a similar experience with a Trinity console, Matrix V1 and the Muffin method.
Wasn't able to get it booting no matter CR4, different timing Files or different wire length of the reset wire.
I also tried the much smaller reset point on the top of the motherboard.

After switching to the Ace360 V3 Chip with a S-RGH wiring the console booted flawlesly in under a minute.

I'm not experienced enough to do a real troubleshooting with the Muffin method.

Top Bottom
Login
Register