What's new

Solved Matrix V1 has solid light with standby power?

S

ShopOwner2

Reaction score
I am currently RGH'ing a falcon doing the rgh 1.2 exploit. I have done this two times already without any major issues. I had a new matrix V1 with an oscillator come in yesterday. two days ago i used a matrix V1 from my personal build to get the CPU key and write the hacked image. everything worked great so then i thought i could just install the new matrix right on the board.

with the new matrix nothing appears to be wrong when i write timing files to it. the light turns on when jrunner writes the files, and then when it finishes the light turns off. but when i plug in my console the matrix immediately lights up and the console will not boot.

I doubt its my soldering as of just yesterday i used my old matrix to boot the console and it worked great. I do not see any bridging on the chip. i had to remove a resistor and there's no bridging there, and i bridged the top set of pads of the matrix to the fat side as you're supposed to do. I did not bridge the bottom set of pads, I have never had to do that.

the light is not solid if the ground cable is removed or the CLK on pad C is removed. Admittedly (hope this isn't dumb) i tried booting without the ground connected to the matrix and while it was not solid with standy power, as soon as the console booted it was solid however it was more faint.

K

Killjoy666

Getting There
Reaction score
I am currently RGH'ing a falcon doing the rgh 1.2 exploit. I have done this two times already without any major issues. I had a new matrix V1 with an oscillator come in yesterday. two days ago i used a matrix V1 from my personal build to get the CPU key and write the hacked image. everything worked great so then i thought i could just install the new matrix right on the board.

with the new matrix nothing appears to be wrong when i write timing files to it. the light turns on when jrunner writes the files, and then when it finishes the light turns off. but when i plug in my console the matrix immediately lights up and the console will not boot.

I doubt its my soldering as of just yesterday i used my old matrix to boot the console and it worked great. I do not see any bridging on the chip. i had to remove a resistor and there's no bridging there, and i bridged the top set of pads of the matrix to the fat side as you're supposed to do. I did not bridge the bottom set of pads, I have never had to do that.

the light is not solid if the ground cable is removed or the CLK on pad C is removed. Admittedly (hope this isn't dumb) i tried booting without the ground connected to the matrix and while it was not solid with standy power, as soon as the console booted it was solid however it was more faint.
Post Pictures.

N

Newsk

Contributor
Reaction score

If u already swapped the chip and it booted then pretty much you have a bad chip (it happens from time to time) i would contact the seller and ask for another chip.

S

ShopOwner2

Reaction score
If u already swapped the chip and it booted then pretty much you have a bad chip (it happens from time to time) i would contact the seller and ask for another chip.

well that sucks. says no refunds on the website, but ill try contacting him to work something out.

T

treycampbell

Reaction score
what are you trying to accomplish with this?

anybody heard of the new atlas modmenu from matrix ?

S

ShopOwner2

Reaction score
So i figured it out. I'm not sure why but adding solder to components on the matrix seemed to have fixed it. just go ahead and add solder to make sure the contacts are good between the chips board and the components.

R

rynax

Enthusiast
Reaction score
solid light means POST is not connected, as you've found, the post pad on the board to.the chip's post pin has bad soldering I think

Top Bottom