• Start date
  • Views 3,459
Jamdoogen

Jamdoogen

Let's turn forever, you and me
Reaction score
Sin$
Hi!

So I was looking around eBay for NAND X or a JR Programmer and I came across the matrix NAND flasher.

http://m.ebay.co.uk/itm/Matrix-NAND...I-NAND-Programmer-UK-/111808561985?nav=SEARCH

As for dealing this a R-JTAG would this be suitable, or shall I go with a JR Prgrammer? As they would have the options I might need possibly?

Thanks James :smile:

Noobert J JoinTheResistance

As an eBay Associate we earn from qualifying purchases.
alexhore

alexhore

RGH Artist
Reaction score
Sin$
I have one someone gave me and it works fine for reading/writing the NAND. You need a compatible driver from an older version of NandPro then it shows as a NAND-X in JRunner.

Should you buy one?

Matrix
Can read and write NAND (Slow, but who cares)
I haven't tried this but you should be able to program coolrunners...

NAND X
Can read and write NAND (Fastest)
Can program coolrunners

JRProgrammer
Can read and write NAND (Fast enough)
Can program coolrunners
Can view post output via JRunner

So yes it will do the job but seeing post output can be quite handy when performing R-Jtag installs as you can see if glitch is failing VS jtag not working and. Suppose it might depend more on your cash situation and price difference.

Jamdoogen

Jamdoogen

Reaction score
Sin$
^^ What he said. It's slow, but it gets the job done.
I have one someone gave me and it works fine for reading/writing the NAND. You need a compatible driver from an older version of NandPro then it shows as a NAND-X in JRunner.

Should you buy one?

Matrix
Can read and write NAND (Slow, but who cares)
I haven't tried this but you should be able to program coolrunners...

NAND X
Can read and write NAND (Fastest)
Can program coolrunners

JRProgrammer
Can read and write NAND (Fast enough)
Can program coolrunners
Can view post output via JRunner

So yes it will do the job but seeing post output can be quite handy when performing R-Jtag installs as you can see if glitch is failing VS jtag not working and. Suppose it might depend more on your cash situation and price difference.
Sorry i probably should of elaborated more!

It's for fixing up my console, which is why i specifically tagged Noobert and J JoinTheResistance who know my problems.

I was planning to pick it up for re-flashing my nand if i need to (in case i end up messing it up)

I get 3 error codes on it (3 indiv rrod's. all 3 rings. of the top of my head there is the 0022 but thats only one i can think of)
So i was going to have a look inside it.

the thing is, ITS A 512mb nand!

alexhore

alexhore

RGH Artist
Reaction score
Sin$
Sorry i probably should of elaborated more!

It's for fixing up my console, which is why i specifically tagged Noobert and J JoinTheResistance who know my problems.

I was planning to pick it up for re-flashing my nand if i need to (in case i end up messing it up)

I get 3 error codes on it (3 indiv rrod's. all 3 rings. of the top of my head there is the 0022 but thats only one i can think of)
So i was going to have a look inside it.

the thing is, ITS A 512mb nand!

Will work fine for 512mb Good luck with the repair.

J

JoinTheResistance

Dead to the world, alive for the journey...
Reaction score
Sin$
I pointed out the 512mb as it will take for ever, but thanks i suppose xD.

Still debating on if i should do it or not.
You get what you pay for.
The matrix is 3-4$, the JRP is 20-30$, the nand-x is 50-70$. Just remember that you'll need to solder the programmer onto the motherboard, before you can use it.
Yeah, it's gonna work just fine for what you need it.

Jamdoogen

Jamdoogen

Reaction score
Sin$
You get what you pay for.
The matrix is 3-4$, the JRP is 20-30$, the nand-x is 50-70$. Just remember that you'll need to solder the programmer onto the motherboard, before you can use it.

Yeah, it's gonna work just fine for what you need it.
Alright I'm still thinking up into it, I got 2 weeks before holiday so I'll do it then if I do if

Top Bottom
Login
Register