B

Buzz Lightyear

Young Moolah Baby
VIP
Retired
Sinner
Reaction score
Sin$
PC users would of already received their update. Console gamers, expect it in the near future. There is no confirmation on what exactly the console crowd will see, but it's a given that a lot of the visual updates will not be for the console. :tongue:

Client-Side Changes:

Visuals, Stability and Performance Fixes:
  • General performance and loading time improvements
  • "Black Screen" fix for an issue occurring on some PC Configurations
  • Stereo and Rendering Support for Nvidia and AMD Graphics Cards
  • Adjusted the "stuttering" encountered on some PC configurations.
  • Fixed several Crashes when joining MP and Co-Op sessions
  • Fixed multiple problems when using multiple monitors (Eyefinity / Surround).
  • Fixed visual corruption issues on certain Nvidia Cards
  • Improved loading times for certain textures
  • Added console command "GameTime.MaxVariableFps" to limit max FPS
  • Added console command "UI.DrawEnable" to hide UI for screenshots / videos

Server Update Highlights
  • EOD Bot exploit fix
  • Several crash fixes
  • Anti-stat padding measures taken, disallowing ranked servers to run obscure settings
  • Improved team kill kick configuration
  • Support for unranked servers. Unranked servers do not report players' scores to Battlelog, but server administrators can freely control all settings

Share your profile and stats with new Battlelog functionality
  • Ability to share your Profile and Stats pages to Facebook, Google+, and Twitter
  • User Profile and Stats pages on Battlelog can now be accessed without being signed in to Battlelog if you know a user's URL
  • Single sign on from Battlelog to Origin. If you're not logged in to Origin and join a game server, Battlelog will automatically sign you in to Origin in the background and join the game server

Quick notes on Squad changes in the Nov 22 update
  • Removed FIND ME A SQUAD option
  • Allow players to join empty Squads alone, thus having 1/4 squad members
  • Change order of options to LEAVE SQUAD, INV A FRIEND, SWITCH TEAM
  • Disable Privacy flag when 1 man squad
  • Reset Privacy flag from Private to Public when squad drops to 1 player
  • All occupied Squads will now show up colored blue on the Squad Selection screen
  • Players who choose not to join squads will also show up as Blue in the "Not in a Squad" line
  • Squads that are currently empty will display as white - if you wish to join an empty Squad, you can choose the first one marked with white text
I haven't played it in a little while, so I am not too sure on what the problems are, but it looks like Dice have been hard at work. Kudos to them.

I can only guess, with the first DLC coming next month, this is when the update will go live, to coincide with the release.

Source: http://www.eurogamer.net/articles/2011-11-22-huge-battlefield-3-pc-patch-notes-detailed

DaftHacker

DaftHacker

Jet fuel can't melt steel beams
Programmer Forum Addict Fabled Veteran
Reaction score
Sin$
Maybe i will actually find more enjoyment out of this game if they make fixes to it

PwnCakes

PwnCakes

OPproductionzz
Reaction score
Sin$
If you don't enjoy this game how it is now, I doubt you'll like it after a few client/server-side hotfixes. Most of these updates don't effect gameplay mechanics at all, so I dont see how it would change your Enjoyment of the game.

Thanks for the update buzz,

S

seanpr92

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Sin$
i bet this will include back to karkand im guessing around the 1gb mark

-Le Me-

-Le Me-

Self-Certified Polymath
Mr. Nice Guy Greeter Grizzled Veteran
Reaction score
Sin$
This update looks great. I hate it when I join with my friends and we get seperated...

B

Batty251

Reaction score
Sin$
bad post dude u left out the weapion fixes and balances and most of the stuff u left in is for pc and this is a xbox360 bf3 section ur posting that in and that console thing is for the console on the bf3 pc game u type in a code and things happen in the game like how they added u can limit how many frames u wanna go with out stressing out ur system the only thing thats worth about that post is the squad updates but what u left out is how they were buffing and debuffing stuff like how ur attack heli or jet machine guns dnt do much to tanks and infintry they fixed that and they fixed the overpowered IGLA n Stinger rocket launches how they do same damage to airborn vehicals that air to air missiles do saw some people complain hearing that now it takes 2 or 3 rockets with the stingers and IGLA to make the aircraft no matter if its a heli or jet it takes 2 or 3 hits to make it desabled i mean come on thats awsome i for one a lover of the aircraft vehicals in bf3 hated being shot behind but when u think uve moved around alot to lose the aircraft chasing u some 1 on the ground takes u out fast 1 shot disabled the 2nd destroys the aircraft with this patch no more that happens and also the IGLA n Stingers not only gets a debuff in damage but also range the range on it has decreased which makes me want this patch even more

crovean

crovean

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Sin$
All of that is for PC and so far they haven't released anything about the console updates. They are going to be equally as big though and I'm sure we will all be happy with them.

B

Buzz Lightyear

Young Moolah Baby
VIP
Retired
Sinner
Reaction score
Sin$
bad post dude u left out the weapion fixes and balances and most of the stuff u left in is for pc and this is a xbox360 bf3 section ur posting that in
All of that is for PC and so far they haven't released anything about the console updates.
Hmm.....

PC users would of already received their update. Console gamers, expect it in the near future. There is no confirmation on what exactly the console crowd will see, but it's a given that a lot of the visual updates will not be for the console. :tongue:
I think I made it quite clear that this is NOT for console gamers + the update is not a confirmation of what console gamers will receive.

caspertheghost

caspertheghost

Hey cutie ASL?
Reaction score
Sin$
this is a xbox360 bf3 section ur posting that in and that console thing is for the console on the bf3 pc game
As far as I know this isn't the xbox360 Battlefield 3 discussion this is just plain old Battlefield 3 discussion, therefore what Buzz posted was a very informative for the PC gamer crowd. Oh and I'm a PS3 gamer and I didn't know anything about this update so I'm glad Buzz posted this because now I know some of the stuff they will soon be implementing into the game. Thanks Buzz!

X

xxxDIABLOxxx

Reaction score
Sin$
I had to update last night on 360. Not 2 sure what's changed for the console version tho....

NO GOD

NO GOD

Only Me
Seasoned Veteran Grizzled Veteran
Reaction score
Sin$
bad post dude u left out the weapion fixes and balances and most of the stuff u left in is for pc and this is a xbox360 bf3 section ur posting that in and that console thing is for the console on the bf3 pc game u type in a code and things happen in the game like how they added u can limit how many frames u wanna go with out stressing out ur system the only thing thats worth about that post is the squad updates but what u left out is how they were buffing and debuffing stuff like how ur attack heli or jet machine guns dnt do much to tanks and infintry they fixed that and they fixed the overpowered IGLA n Stinger rocket launches how they do same damage to airborn vehicals that air to air missiles do saw some people complain hearing that now it takes 2 or 3 rockets with the stingers and IGLA to make the aircraft no matter if its a heli or jet it takes 2 or 3 hits to make it desabled i mean come on thats awsome i for one a lover of the aircraft vehicals in bf3 hated being shot behind but when u think uve moved around alot to lose the aircraft chasing u some 1 on the ground takes u out fast 1 shot disabled the 2nd destroys the aircraft with this patch no more that happens and also the IGLA n Stingers not only gets a debuff in damage but also range the range on it has decreased which makes me want this patch even more

Ever try using punctuation?

Top Bottom
Login
Register