March to 2 Million

Discussion in 'Call of Duty: World at War' started by Se7enSins Bot, Aug 3, 2009 with 20 replies and 942 views.

1. Se7enSins Bot

Se7enSins Bot Seasoned Member

Ratings:
    Listen up soldiers,

With the release of the Call of Duty: World at War Companion, our boys at the front will be tracking every battle and every casualty. Communications will improve dramatically and in time we'll learn our enemies favored weapons and tactics, and in turn utilize the best of our intelligence in countering their every move.

More now than ever lies our chance to win this war, but we're going to need more than just technology to do so. Soldiers don't replace themselves and we need as many bodies on the front as we can get.

That's why we're introducing the March to 2 Million community event. Currently, the codwaw.com community rests at 1.75 million members, but we're hoping to expand that number to 2 million. As an incentive, we're offering you a free ringtone as of this post, along with more for every milestone along the way, with ringtones at 1.8 million, 1.9 million, and finally 2 million members.

With such a strong and helpful community, we'd like to spread the word to our fellow friends and family to help bolster our ranks, and we need you to help us reach our goal. Every additional recruitment brings us that much closer to victory!

With a boost in our forces and the aid of the Companion app, the enemy will have no choice but to concede to our overwhelming might! Remember, with the iPhone? and iPod Touch® Companion app, you'll be able to stay up to date with the latest Call of Duty: World at War news at all times.

• View your stat tracking profile from any location. View breakdowns of your weapon usage and accuracy, and study the Killshot and Body Heat Maps at any time.
    • Stay connected with friends by tracking their progress and compare stats with them to see who's the stronger soldier.View leaderboards to see where you stack up against the rest, visit Intel to view new screenshots and movies, and read up on all the latest news!
    As our community grows with your help toward our goal of 2 million members, be sure to check the Call of Duty: World at War Companion page on codwaw.com to download new iPhone? ringtones and transform your phone into the ultimate Call of Duty: World at War accessory!

Over and out! Let's get marching!

More...

2. xXMockeyXx

xXMockeyXx Enthusiast

Ratings:
    It's going to be 2 million regrets. I regret buying this awful, awful game. Hopefully I am not alone.

This game does not deserve 2 million fans or players, CoD4 does, even after how long it has been out I think it has more players than CoD5. The only reason people should even think to play that game is Nazi Zombies. If MW2 or MW had zombies, good bye WaW.

3. XboxMySocks

XboxMySocks Getting There

Ratings:
    This isn't a thread to *****, GTFO.

• Like Like x 1
  4. Comrade

Comrade Crusty Old Dude Retired

Ratings:
    i h8 this too
    im with you mockey

5. XboxMySocks

Ratings:
    Like I said before, keep your *****ing to a different topic, this isn't one about *****ing.

6. Noobifier42

Noobifier42 Live2Mod

Ratings:
    Opinions are like arseholes, everyone's got one (especially bitter noobs):biggrin:

7. Jasper QST

Jasper QST Enthusiast

Ratings:
    god, i really hate the COD4 vs. WaW argument. COD4 was a great game (and still is). World at War is just a better game; they took COD4 and simply improved upon it (graphics, sound, map(s), Zombies, more map packs, user interface, etc. etc.). there is NO WAY you can argue that fact, no matter how much you COD4 fanboys try and belittle it, or want to see it fail. seems to me like you just are not that good at so it is easier to bash it than give it credit, when credit is due.

for some reason, everyone seems to think that COD4 is the "end all, be all" to FPS'ers... Treyarch did and AMAZING job with WaW and everyone (like it or not) should acknowledge that.

before i attempt to "bad-mouth, criticize, depreciate, scoff at and smear" MW2 in advance of it's release, let me ask you all this question...

... if roles were reversed, and Treyarch made Modern Warfare first, ahead of Infinity Ward, would you in turn be sucking Treyarch's d*ck instead of IW?

i mean, clearly everyone <3 's IW and thinks they can do no wrong, but please wait and see how your *new* MW2 shapes up compared to how great WaW is.

is anyone else (besides me) skeptical of the fact that you can now "throw your knife" 100+ yards? or the fact that you can have your custom kill streak classes? or that it actually looks like the gameplay has changed (more Battlefield arcade-ish)?

i certainly hope MW2 IS awesome. AND it somehow improves upon WaW. AND turns out to be the as great as the original MW.

i guess the thing that p*sses me off the most is the*extreme bashing* revolving around the games. if you don't like it, then don't play it. maybe it just isn't for you. maybe you just stink at it. maybe the gaming community is better off without some whiney-selfish-nothing-good-to-say-about-anything crybaby.

your Mom should have had an abortion, or just swallowed.

8. XboxMySocks

Ratings:
    Good to see someone who's not completely retarded. I don't know why COD4 lovers swear by IW so much, they **** up just as much as treyarch. Also, do I see taliban zombies in COD4? No.

9. Scar

Scar Retired Retired

Ratings:
    They already have well over 2 million players. they are talking about WEBSITE MEMBERS...

10. Jasper QST

Jasper QST Enthusiast

Ratings:
    i mean seriously though... do i come into the COD4 forums and just BASH the sh*t out of it because of the bulimic atrocity's that they call map packs, or that they didn't come out with patches for months and months after the issue(s) were discovered, or that the MP5 is 10X more arbitrary and criminal than the MP40, or that they didn't have vehicles???

anyone who doesn't admit that WaW is a BETTER game is either blind, extremely biased, lying, scared to admit it, or just a plain ol' dewwwsssccchhhh.

if IW has some variant of Nazi Zombies in MW2, i will literally die of laughter and exhaustion... they are they "oh-so-popular-GOD of this franchise" (even though they disgraced it by not even using the COD title anymore), they should be able to put their own creative Einstein ablility to good use and develop a new side game.

i guess people just don't like this game because of the lack of modern weapons? i actually like the fact that you can't just run around spraying bullets everwhere; I ENJOY THE FACT THAT IT IS HARDER AND TAKES SKILL TO PLAY...

11. XboxMySocks

Ratings:
    At least the MP40 has a slow as **** fire rate, the MP5 is practically a ****ing mini gun.

The patches they released don't even fix the multitude of out of the map glitches which are just the most annoying type of glitches.

Unfortunately IW will probably make a Paki zombies or something of that type. It'll be ****ty, and you'll be able to get out of the map in 239476234566725367428645782489560425 different ways, though.

They didn't even think of the "Hostage on a plane that you have to save" idea wasn't even IW's either, that credit goes to Rare Studios in their blockbuster N64 game Prefect Dark.

This game's multiplayer is more strategic and a lot harder because it takes skill, unlike COD4. Have you ever watch an "epic cod4 montage"? They're all lucky grenades and ****ing noscopes. Luck and **** programming.

12. xXMockeyXx

xXMockeyXx Enthusiast

Ratings:

Ha, oops.

Xbox, I like how when anyone else says any vulgarity, you get angry at them.
    A little something to you, "Calm your homones down, champ."

Also, I just expressed my opinion. I didn't say anything else, I didn't flame anyone else.

I just think CoD4 is better.

[edit]I guess CoDWaW isn't a horrible game. The only annoying things are tanks, MP40s, and Second chance.

They make the game WAY too easy for some. I admit no scoping is easier in CoD4, but how many people have you played with that spend the whole game doing that? I have played with... one maybe?

Every game there is someone using an MP40, with deep impact, round drum, juggernaut, and last stand. They can spray so much, and not have any skill, but still kill you.

Tanks? Those are a joke. Taking them down almost requires a custom class set aside just to destroy them. If I am using a regular gun class, there is no battle between me and a tank.

Second chance... ugh. Last stand was annoying, now you get a second chance. That is very, very unfair. If someone is behind a wall, and you shoot them in the chest, they should die, or atleast be in last stand, then die. It is quite unfair if a person behind a wall that cannot be shot through, can just get back up and own again with his uber-noob MP40 class.

Pros of WaW:
    No rapidfires.
    Zombies.
    Assist points that are awarded fairly.

13. XboxMySocks

Ratings:
    I never get angry when other people use vulgar language. Other people get angry at me. I don't ****ing care if you like cod4 more, this is not the place to ***** about how much you suck at cod5, so feel free to stop. I'm done here.

14. xXMockeyXx

xXMockeyXx Enthusiast

Ratings:
    Alright man, calm your hormones.

I am not trying to get into a flame war between each other. I really respect you because you do tons for the community.

I don't suck at CoDWaW. I have a 1.5 ratio. In fact I am better at CoDWaW than 4.
    1.5 isn't bad, well at least in my opinion.

15. XboxMySocks

Ratings:
    I don't want this to turn into a flame war but you really struck a chord with me when you came into this topic to talk **** about cod5, it kinda disappointed me. I just really wanted to get the point across that it was a topic about how many members their site had, and not how much you hate this game. Have fun mate.

16. SotG Caboose

SotG Caboose Getting There

Ratings:
    Call of Duty: World at War sucks.

17. Scar

Scar Retired Retired

Ratings:
    It's completely pointless to curse on here, especially with the censors... So try typing without it for once and maybe you wont come across like such a jerk.

18. XboxMySocks

Ratings:
    Cool trolling bro.

19. Jasper QST

Jasper QST Enthusiast

Ratings:
    Out at the bar... Will respond tomorrow.

Got some points to make here, you're second chance theory is flawed.

Thaks for adding something creative and usefull Caboose, you are a reeeaaalll intellect :thumbup:

20. WishMaster

WishMaster Enthusiast

Ratings:
    [​IMG]

COD4 is better than WaW. Why? because too much WW COD games already.....
    Cannot wait for MW2.