What's new
  • Howdy, Guest!

We have issued a forced password reset on all user accounts, meaning you will not be able to login until this process is complete. Instructions will be displayed when you login with your previous credentials, however if for any reason you do not have access to your associated email address, you will need to contact us at [email protected].

For more information, please read this Important Announcement

Thank you for being awesome!

Mapping Textures of FM4 Tracks

R

RoRbot

Reaction score
Sin$
Hi,

I hope this is the right place to ask. I'm working on importing tracks from Forza Motorsport 4 into blender. I want to find out how FM4 maps the textures to the models for tracks so I don't need to try and manually work out which texture maps to what as there are hundreds of textures and its a lot of guess work. I've been looking through the files and on the top gear test track there's a model sign_topg_dangerofdeath_001 inside file TopGearout.00589.rmb.bin I worked out the texture for this is likely _0x0000032f.bix but I can't find out where these are mapped in the game files. I looked inside TopGear.stx.bin in there I found a reference to :\scratch\SD\Main\Forza2\Main\Media\Src\Tracks\TopGear\scene\compiled\_0x0000032F_s.bin but I can't seem to find where it maps the textures to the model. The _0x0000032F_s.bin file doesn't exist, guessing its a file that was there before compiling.

Is there a list somewhere in the game files that defines which texture maps to which model / part of the model? It surely has to be defined somewhere so that the game knows where to map textures too but I've been looking through the game files using a hex editor and Forza Studio but I've been unable to find such a list. If anyone knows where to look or knows of a guide for this it would be a huge help.

Thank you.

Top Bottom
Login
Register