What's new

Discussion Map Pack Trouble

B

Bradness

Reaction score
Sin$
Recently, I wanted to softmod my brothers old XBOX again, so he turned it back to factory settings and gave the stuff to me. He also, without knowing he couldnt get them back, deleted the map packs for halo 2.

I want to get them back, and I have progress. Ive created the folders in the TDATA/$c folder to hold the map packs, and placed the maps I wanted in the respective folders.

Q1: Do I need all the maps for it to work?
Q2a: Is it possible for me to manually add the maps?
Q2b: If so, how?

Ive already added an entry onto mainmenu.map for Relic, but it just says failed to load even though I have /E/TDATA/4d530064/$c/4d53006400000002/dune.map.

Thanks,
Brad.

UPDATE: I found out I had Relic in the wrong folder. I'll be testing this out right now. (Couldn't find the edit button o.o)

UPDATE: It didnt work. Ill try some other stuff.

J

joey4785

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Sin$
Bradness said:
Recently, I wanted to softmod my brothers old XBOX again, so he turned it back to factory settings and gave the stuff to me. He also, without knowing he couldnt get them back, deleted the map packs for halo 2.

I want to get them back, and I have progress. Ive created the folders in the TDATA/$c folder to hold the map packs, and placed the maps I wanted in the respective folders.

Q1: Do I need all the maps for it to work?
Q2a: Is it possible for me to manually add the maps?
Q2b: If so, how?

Ive already added an entry onto mainmenu.map for Relic, but it just says failed to load even though I have /E/TDATA/4d530064/$c/4d53006400000002/dune.map.

Thanks,
Brad.

UPDATE: I found out I had Relic in the wrong folder. I'll be testing this out right now. (Couldn't find the edit button o.o)

UPDATE: It didnt work. Ill try some other stuff.

Here
xl All Pro lx said:
There are all the new maps

B

Bradness

Reaction score
Sin$
joey4785 said:
Here
There are all the new maps

Thanks, I know where to get them. The matter is, how do I put them on to the Halo map select screen to make them work.

J

joey4785

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Sin$
One second, I will Upload the halo 2 4D5C0064 or w.e without the maps just I'll put a txt one which maps go where

I'll update this in a second

EDIT* it will come with patches also

EDIT #2* Here
It comes with patches just replace the .txts with real maps I used Txts to cut down on size lol

B

Bradness

Reaction score
Sin$
joey4785 said:
One second, I will Upload the halo 2 4D5C0064 or w.e without the maps just I'll put a txt one which maps go where

I'll update this in a second

EDIT* it will come with patches also

EDIT #2* Here
It comes with patches just replace the .txts with real maps I used Txts to cut down on size lol

Thanks.

Ill get back to you about how well it works. =)

UPDATE: I'll get to work! =D

UPDATE: Finished downloading all the maps. Ill FTP them and see if it works!

UPDATE: I just finished uploading them, and I didn't know what to do with the patch files. When I turned on the game, it says content was damaged. When I then went to the splitscreen lobby, the maps didnt show up.

J

joey4785

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Sin$
You have too Put the whole folder in the TDATA then replace the .txts with real maps
I put everything in the right spot =) If that doesn't work I will upload some more stuff that will hopefully make it work.

GoldBl4d3

GoldBl4d3

VIP
VIP
Retired
Programmer Mythical Veteran Legendary Veteran
Reaction score
Sin$
to have maps on your mainmenu that arent there, you need to add them to the mainmenu in dothalo or dl a patch for it. Then transfer it to your hdd(of course you will need h2 on your hdd first)

J

joey4785

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Sin$
GoldBl4d3 said:
to have maps on your mainmenu that arent there, you need to add them to the mainmenu in dothalo or dl a patch for it. Then transfer it to your hdd(of course you will need h2 on your hdd first)

You do not need H2 on your Hdd... all of the new map data is stored in TDATA 4d530064 or something.. If It doesn't work with just the patches I will have to upload the update.xbe and default.xbe stored in TDATA and then it will sure to show up.

Think about it.. On xbox live you have too be on a disc. You can't be on a Hdd on xbox live.:tongue:

EDIT* This isn't for modded content this is for new maps that Bungie released.

GoldBl4d3

GoldBl4d3

VIP
VIP
Retired
Programmer Mythical Veteran Legendary Veteran
Reaction score
Sin$
joey4785 said:
You do not need H2 on your Hdd... all of the new map data is stored in TDATA 4d530064 or something.. If It doesn't work with just the patches I will have to upload the update.xbe and default.xbe stored in TDATA and then it will sure to show up.

Think about it.. On xbox live you have too be on a disc. You can't be on a Hdd on xbox live.:tongue:

EDIT* This isn't for modded content this is for new maps that Bungie released.

i thought he was so...

but yeah ive been modding for four years or so I also know what im talking about. And why cant he just download the maps off of xboxlive.

J

joey4785

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Sin$
GoldBl4d3 said:
i thought he was so...

but yeah ive been modding for four years or so I also know what im talking about. And why cant he just download the maps off of xboxlive.

He probably doesn't have xbox live.

Top Bottom
Login
Register