Discussion .Map / Devkit / and such

• Thread starter ilikecake
  • Start date
  • Views 1,542
ilikecake

ilikecake

Reaction score
Sin$
Hey guys, I'm here sometimes and never post a reply or a topic but I need to know something so can some one answer my questions with out flaming :wink:, I know that .map modding is not possible with out a Dev kit but recently I see so many different video's of Character modding weapon projectiles and vehicle mods (warthog with scorpion turret), But how do they get a dev kit if you cant get it?

Some of my friends says that you need to mod your Halo 3 Disk other says that you need a second xbox and mod your second xbox, so what of these things you need to do to actually mod .map?

X

Xxx YoOoO xxX

Banned
Reaction score
Sin$
Lets put it this way

If some1 is modding a .map file and are shooting different projectiles and warthog's with tank turrets and such etc..Then they have to have a dev-kit to be able to mod

Second thing..Alot of people are fake..They will have it look like they are modding but alot of it is glitching...Like Sligstorm

ilikecake

ilikecake

Reaction score
Sin$
chris42393 said:
yup you NEED a dev-kit to do that other wise you cant do it

I know you need a dev kit for that, and that its not possible to play it online becouse other people need a devkit to to see this (or something like that)

@ YOOOOO

duhhh I know that to that they have a dev kit

but how didt they gett the dev-kit? becouse there is no way they got it from the internet.

lx leo xl

lx leo xl

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Sin$
ilikecake said:
I know you need a dev kit for that, and that its not possible to play it online becouse other people need a devkit to to see this (or something like that)

@ YOOOOO

duhhh I know that to that they have a dev kit

but how didt they gett the dev-kit? becouse there is no way they got it from the internet.
The internet.

S

sixworkss

Contributor
Reaction score
Sin$
Yes, you can find them you just have to know where to look. Don't waste your time and money trying to get one just to mod H3..

ilikecake

ilikecake

Reaction score
Sin$
lx leo xl said:
No. Then dont come asking how you can get one

well I wasnt planning to ask you for that.

XxMoNkEy42xX said:
Yes, you can find them you just have to know where to look. Don't waste your time and money trying to get one just to mod H3..

why not? Halo 3 is the game to mod characters for online playing as the flood and the other people as marines/odst is always cool, make it foggy on one of the maps and lets infaction beplayed.

But something else now, I have heard that you can add AI in Halo 3 ODST is this true or not?

S

sixworkss

Contributor
Reaction score
Sin$
I don't know anything about ODST..But Dev kits cost $1000+ and by buying one causes the prices to rise for people who need one to actually 'use'..You wanna pay that with the possibility that you can't mod H3? Yes it is possible to mod H3 but do you personally know how to? Also you can't go on live with a dev kit..

ilikecake

ilikecake

Reaction score
Sin$
XxMoNkEy42xX said:
I don't know anything about ODST..But Dev kits cost $1000+ and by buying one causes the prices to rise for people who need one to actually 'use'..You wanna pay that with the possibility that you can't mod H3? Yes it is possible to mod H3 but do you personally know how to? Also you can't go on live with a dev kit..

well I can mod halo 3 but random stuff spawning is nothing so that's why I want a Dev-Kit I don't care how much it cost or if the price gets bigger, and I know u cant get online but a local network can right?

S

sixworkss

Contributor
Reaction score
Sin$
No, there's partner.net but you can't play with anyone on a normal 360..And most people on partner net don't use it to mod H3..Plus do you know what a modded .xex is? Or how to mod one? Btw, usermap modding is different than .map..

ilikecake

ilikecake

Reaction score
Sin$
XxMoNkEy42xX said:
No, there's partner.net but you can't play with anyone on a normal 360..And most people on partner net don't use it to mod H3..Plus do you know what a modded .xex is? Or how to mod one? Btw, usermap modding is different than .map..

No I dont but thats the same before I start modding usermaps

S

sixworkss

Contributor
Reaction score
Sin$
How do you suppose your going to learn to? How many tutorials do you see on how to mod the .xex..etc..

ilikecake

ilikecake

Reaction score
Sin$
XxMoNkEy42xX said:
How do you suppose your going to learn to? How many tutorials do you see on how to mod the .xex..etc..

well I never use a tutorial for usermap modding, so yeah just do the samething I did before, just f***ing arround and make backups :wink:

Venomous Fire

Venomous Fire

Retired Admin 4 Life
VIP
Retired
Diamonds Are Forever Mythical Veteran Odysseus' Summit
Reaction score
Sin$
You arent going to be told how to mod you XeX

You will end up paying 1k+ for a brick, unless you know how to use one, which I doubt.

IF you end up getting the SDK as well and the modded XeX, you cant play with anyone, only other dev kits

ilikecake

ilikecake

Reaction score
Sin$
Venomous Fire said:
You arent going to be told how to mod you XeX

You will end up paying 1k+ for a brick, unless you know how to use one, which I doubt.

IF you end up getting the SDK as well and the modded XeX, you cant play with anyone, only other dev kits

I dont care about that.

Venomous Fire

Venomous Fire

Retired Admin 4 Life
VIP
Retired
Diamonds Are Forever Mythical Veteran Odysseus' Summit
Reaction score
Sin$
You dont care about spending 1k to make homebrew on retail 360s take LONGER than it already has? When homebrew is possible on retail 360s then modding Halo 3 will be possible on retail 360s.

And you will spend 1k+ in order to play Halo 3 by yourself? Just unplug your ethernet cable and smack around your GPU to mess up graphics. BAM, you are doing exactly what a dev kit will do

Top Bottom
Login
Register