• Thread starter Antrax
  • Start date
  • Views 373
Antrax

Antrax

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Sin$
So I just installed MalwareByte pro but I keep getting popup messages about it blocking utorrent ips its driving me crazy...:banghead: They keep popping up every 20 seconds, well it feels like that lol.. Anyone know how to stop it? I don't want to disables notifications though..
15aea228b5ce12b13ae14e4ca6ffc7f1.png

Red58

Red58

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Sin$
Yeah I get that too, I just ignore the excess popups. They'll go away once you exit the program.

Antrax

Antrax

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Sin$
Yeah I get that too, I just ignore the excess popups. They'll go away once you exit the program.
I actually think I found the solution
Setting
Web Exclusion
Add Process
C:\Users\*Username*\AppData\Roaming\uTorrent

M

manaberry

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Sin$
I wouldn't create an exception for uTorrent.. MB is blocking according to their list of IPs known for hosting malware. It is normal and has more to do with the protocol of P2P than Utorrent itself.

From MB help desk:

Frequently, when using a peer-to-peer (P2P) program (uTorrent, Vuze, Filezilla, etc.) you may see notifications that Malwarebytes Anti-Malware has blocked access to a potentially malicious website.

This is normal and occurs because P2P applications connect to a wide variety of IP addresses, which often include IP addresses known for hosting malicious content. Malwarebytes Anti-Malware will block the network traffic to these addresses, but this will not prevent the program from working - instead it will connect to a non-malicious host instead.

If the notifications are too frequent, and you wish to disable them while still allowing Malwarebytes Anti-Malware to continue protecting your PC by blocking the malicious websites, please follow the steps on this article: How do I disable notifications when Malwarebytes Anti-Malware blocks a file or website?

Alternatively, if you would like to stop Malwarebytes Anti-Malware from blocking the program entirely, you may follow the steps on this article: How do I stop Malwarebytes Anti-Malware from blocking a website or network program that I trust?

Please note that disabling malicious website blocking may make your computer more vulnerable to infection, and should only be done if you absolutely trust the program and IP addresses it connects to. If you have additional questions or need assistance with this particular scenario, please contact support.

Link: https://support.malwarebytes.com/cu...ent-or-other-peer-to-peer-programs-?b_id=6400

tldr: its normal, and you shouldn't be adding those IPs to the exclusion list

Videogamedingus

Videogamedingus

aesthetic
Seasoned Veteran
Reaction score
Sin$
Happens because most torrents use peer to peer connections. You either disable notifications or stop using torrents.

Top Bottom
Login
Register