Discussion Making a website?

• Thread starter walkerneo
  • Start date
  • Views 278
walkerneo

walkerneo

Reaction score
Sin$
I might be applying for a job at Staples in a little while for computer repair - both for money and experience, so I was thinking about starting a website with a database of as many computer problems and solutions as possible. I've never made a website before, and I don't exactly have money (yet) to hire someone to make it.

How hard would this be if I were to do it myself, and what program would I use?

Also, if I were to pay someone, how much would it cost?

Operating System
  1. Windows
iMario

iMario

Reaction score
Sin$
Im interested in this. I don't know any HTML, but I might know someone who does; and he may be able to help

Z

Zer0-One

Experienced Member
Reaction score
Sin$
This is a very interesting idea. I don't think this has ever been done before. I would be willing to lead a project like this. I have people who can help build the website, and I already have a few good ideas as to how it should be structured.

If you are willing to provide the hosting, I'd be happy to try this. If it works out, we could put advertising on it and make some real money.

walkerneo

walkerneo

Reaction score
Sin$
This is a very interesting idea. I don't think this has ever been done before. I would be willing to lead a project like this. I have people who can help build the website, and I already have a few good ideas as to how it should be structured.

If you are willing to provide the hosting, I'd be happy to try this. If it works out, we could put advertising on it and make some real money.

What do you mean by the hosting?

Z

Zer0-One

Experienced Member
Reaction score
Sin$
Well, in order to make a website accessible to the masses, it needs to be hosted on a web server. And since we don't want pay for our own server, along with ridiculous bandwidth, we pay a hosting company a monthly or yearly fee to host the website for us. There are various advantages and disadvantages to this, but overall, it's the only solution for someone who isn't very rich.

I'll walk you through all of this later.

Top Bottom
Login
Register