What's new

making a video game

th3gho5t

th3gho5t

Reaction score
Sin$
im trying to make a game that can take on gta 5 but i dont know how i have a hole bunch of ideas but i need help

ImOx

ImOx

(^._.^)ノ
Retired
Programmer MotM Platinum Record
Reaction score
Sin$
Heh, quite a big dream you got here.
Maybe take a quick Google search about game developing and you will understand why this is not going to happen.

vRice

vRice

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Sin$
Well you'd need to be a very very very good game developer to make this happen, the GTA series has hundreds of people helping to make the game, doing things like graphic design, sounds etc.

D

DrCriminal

Reaction score
Sin$
There's quite a few things wrong with your idea OP...
You need a lot of money to even consider taking on a game such as GTAV.
You need a very large team, also branching off the money aspect.
You can't just be an ideas guy, many developers I know, myself included hate people who try to be the ideas guy. "Add this, add that! People will love it!".

Also... *whole

Mr Chip53

Mr Chip53

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Sin$
There's quite a few things wrong with your idea OP...
You need a lot of money to even consider taking on a game such as GTAV.
You need a very large team, also branching off the money aspect.
You can't just be an ideas guy, many developers I know, myself included hate people who try to be the ideas guy. "Add this, add that! People will love it!".

Also... *whole
Less money and more time. Assuming you have people that will do it for fun. And I also do mean a LOT of time. Gtav took about 4 or 5 years, so I'll give OP a min of 10-15 years.

D

DrCriminal

Reaction score
Sin$
Less money and more time. Assuming you have people that will do it for fun. And I also do mean a LOT of time. Gtav took about 4 or 5 years, so I'll give OP a min of 10-15 years.

And then by the time he finishes his game, GTAVIII will be out and he'll need to spend even more time catching up and the cycle begins.

Nemo_

Nemo_

App Developer
Reaction score
Sin$
Hey, bro you can make a UDK game its pretty simple i made my own some years ago with some friends they have tutorials everywhere but i don't know if you could take on GTA bro :/

J

Jakenet

Reaction score
Sin$
I would suggest starting off with something very simple since you have no history with coding. (I think) Find a language you'd like to learn, and research it. Maybe take classes at your school or order some books online as well. When you feel ready to take up being a game developer, find a team that has similar knowledge and begin implementing an actual game. Grand Theft Auto V has taken years to master and it's continued to expand daily. It's a good dream to have, but you will need a lot of money and a professional team to create a similar game as successful as Grand Theft Auto V. A good place to start is within Visual Studio. It's a nice and easy way to learn the syntax of the provided languages in my opinion. Also try downloading Unity and looking at YouTube tutorials to get an idea of how some games are made.

Top Bottom
Login
Register