Making A Good L4D2 Save

• Thread starter 123lol123
  • Start date
  • Views 2,169

123lol123

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Sin$
I'm Trying to make a really good L4D2 Save file for just about anything. I have yet to find out how to target other people's names and change it to something else, but besides that I have run out of ideas about what to add? (Whats the cvar command that sets the health at which survivors limp really, really slow? [1 Health])

What I have so far:
unbind all
sv_cheats 1
sv_allspeak 1
alias "tnk" "z_spawn Tank"
alias "wtch" " "z_spawn Witch"
alias "Jckey" "z_spawn Jockey"
alias "hnter" "z_spawn Hunter"
alias "smker" "z_spawn Smoker"
alias "sptter" "z_spawn Spitter"
alias "bmer" "z_spawn Boomer"
alias "chrger" "z_spawn Charger"
alias "teleportero" "warp_far_survivor_here"
alias "remve" "ent_remove"
alias "WepSet" "give defibrillator;give chainsaw;give smg_mp5"
alias "GodON" "God 1;sv_infinite_ammo 1"
alias "GodOFF" "God 0;sv_infinite_ammo 0"
alias "valvedevnamechag" "name Valve Dev."
alias "adminnamechag" "name Admin"
alias "Ellisnamechag" "name Ellis"
alias "Rochellenamechag" "name Rochelle"
alias "Coachnamechag" "name Coach"
alias "Nicknamechag" "name Nick"
alias "allweaops" "give smg;give smg_mp5;give smg_silenced;give rifle;give rifle_ak47;give rifle_desert;give rifle_sg552;give sniper_awp;give sniper_military;give sniper_scout;give hunting_rifle;give pistol;give pistol_magnum;give shotgun_chrome;give shotgun_spas;give autoshotgun;give pump_shotgun;give grenade_launcher"
alias "callhordeherenow" "z_spawn mob"
alias "nc" "noclip"
alias "sorryinfe" "z_hunter_health 1;z_jockey_health 1;z_tank_health 1;z_spitter_health 1;z_smoker_health 1;z_charger_health 1;z_witch_health 1"
alias "sorrysurv" "survivor_limp_health 100;survivor_revive_health 15; survivor_limp_walk_speed 25"
alias "withstupid" "name I'm With Stupid --->"
alias "ZyGorules" "z_tank_health 10000000;z_spawn tank;god 0"
alias "saveself" "fire;boom"
alias "respawm" "respawn"

alias "default" "bind A_BUTTON +jump;+menuAccept; bind B_BUTTON +reload; bind X_BUTTON +use; bind Y_BUTTON lastinv; bind L_SHOULDER +namechagr; bind R_SHOULDER +infectedmode1; +lookspin; bind BACK togglescores; bind START gameui_activate; bind STICK1 vocalize smartlook; bind STICK2 +zoom; bind UP +Godtelewps; impulse 100; bind RIGHT slot4; bind DOWN slot5; bind LEFT slot3; bind S1_DOWN +menuDown; bind S1_UP +menuUp; bind L_TRIGGER +attack2; bind R_TRIGGER +attack"

alias "infectedmode1" "bind A_BUTTON wtch; bind B_BUTTON tnk; bind X_BUTTON Jckey; bind Y_BUTTON hnter; bind L_SHOULDER smker; bind BACK bmer; bind START gameui_activate; bind STICK1 chrger; bind STICK2 callhordeherenow"

alias "Godtelewps" "bind A_BUTTON teleportero; bind B_BUTTON remve; bind X_BUTTON WepSet; bind L_SHOULDER GodOn; bind R_SHOULDER GodOff; bind Y_BUTTON allweaops; bind BACK sorryinfe; bind STICK2 sorrysurv; "

alias "namechagr" "bind A_BUTTON valvedevnamechag; bind B_BUTTON adminnamechag; bind UP Ellisnamechag; bind LEFT Rochellenamechag; bind DOWN Coachnamechag; bind RIGHT Nicknamechag; bind BACK respawm; bind X_BUTTON nc; bind Y_BUTTON thirdpersonshoulder; bind R_SHOULDER withstupid; bind STICK1 ZyGorules; bind STICK2 saveself"

alias "-infectedmode1" "defualt"
alias "-Godtelewps" "defualt"
alias "-namechagr" "defualt"

bind A_BUTTON +jump;menuAccept
bind B_BUTTON +reload
bind X_BUTTON +use
bind Y_BUTTON +lastinv
bind "R_SHOULDER" "+infectedmode1"
bind "UP" "+Godtelewps"
bind "L_SHOUDLER" "+namechagr"
bind "S1_DOWN" "+menuDown"
bind "S1_UP" "+menuUp"
joy_cfg_preset "0"
joy_inverty "0"
joy_legacy "0"
joy_movement_stick "0"
joy_pitchsensitivity "-0.8"
joy_yawsensitivity "-2.25"
option_duck_method "1"

Controls:
While Not Holding Anything In
Left Trigger: Melee
Right Trigger: Fire
Left Bumper: Toggle Flashlight
Right Bumper: Toggle Flashlight
Left Stick: Spawn Charger
Right Stick: Same (Zoom)
Up: Flashlight Toggle
Right: Same (Health Pack)
Left: Same (Pipe Bomb, Bile, etc.)
Down: Same (Pills, etc.)
Y: Switch Weapons
X: Use/Pickup
B: Reload
A: Jump

Controls While Holding Left Bumper In:

Back: Respawn yourself (after dead)
A: Change name to Valve Dev.
B: Change name to Admin
X: Noclip
Y: Third Person Toggle
Up: Change name to Ellis
Right: Change name to Nick
Left: Change name to Rochelle
Down: Change name to Coach
Right Shoulder: Change name to I'm With Stupid --->
Left Stick In: Survivors will basically die without GodMode on.
Right Stick In: Spawns fire and an explosion.
Everything else is the same

Controls While Holding Right Bumper In:

Left Bumper: Spawn Smoker
Left Stick: Charger (Repeat b/c people might get confused)
Y: Spawn Hunter
X: Spawn Jockey
A: Spawn Witch
B: Spawn Tank
Back: Spawn Boomer

Controls While Holding Up In:

Left Bumper: Toggle God mode ON
Right Bumper: Toggle God mode OFF
Y: Spawn Weapons w/ no reloads + infinite ammo (a lot of weapons)
X: Give Chainsaw
B: Delete any movable object or player* (read precautions under *)
A: Teleport Survivors (aim and press)
Back: Screw over the Infected
Right Stick In: Screw over the Survivors

Also: This US doesn't work for some reason? All the binds are normal. So if you could point me in the right direction for that too?

B

Beast4Life14

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Sin$
u forgot to add the "" in the a button's binds.. never 4get to add those... Thats the most simple mistake that screws u completely up

TheDamned

TheDamned

Dr. Krieger
Reaction score
Sin$
Do you think you can fix that save so it works cause I tried the like 3 ZyGo posted for you and Not a single one of them worked completely (2 didn't work at all) I like how this one is supposed to be set up and it would be Sick if you could

123lol123 said:
It all worked fine (file name is 123223323.rar) and all I did was add two aliases...

-Liam
I tried that one before and I don't think that one worked :S

123lol123

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Sin$
TheDamned said:
Do you think you can fix that save so it works cause I tried the like 3 ZyGo posted for you and Not a single one of them worked completely (2 didn't work at all) I like how this one is supposed to be set up and it would be Sick if you could

I tried that one before and I don't think that one worked :S

Did you resign and rehash it, it doesn't work if you don't.

TheDamned

TheDamned

Dr. Krieger
Reaction score
Sin$
123lol123 said:
Did you resign and rehash it, it doesn't work if you don't.

I always do that. I think that one just didn't work (or maybe it was the only one that worked) Do you by any chance have the list of simplified controls for that one like X=,B=,A=,Y=,Etc.?

123lol123

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Sin$
On the next page where that one was at, you should see a guy who quoted it and listed all the controls... His name is Chrskyes. He posted a complete list of what everything does. And I know that one worked.

-Liam

TheDamned

TheDamned

Dr. Krieger
Reaction score
Sin$
123lol123 said:
On the next page where that one was at, you should see a guy who quoted it and listed all the controls... His name is Chrskyes. He posted a complete list of what everything does. And I know that one worked.

-Liam

ok, i'll check it out again

I remember that save now, The whole section for holding up didn't work at all (no god mode, or warp survivors, and on top of that it didn't have no clip if it had those though it would be awesome all i know is that no matter what I held down,hitting A spawned a bunch of witches):S

123lol123

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Sin$
Usually that happens on the first time in-game when you load up your US, all you have to do is tap the right or left shoulder. For some reason (apparently) it didn't register you letting go of the bind.

-Liam

TheDamned

TheDamned

Dr. Krieger
Reaction score
Sin$
Do you think you could request the same thing only the original controls left stick down activates no clip, cause I do actually love the layout of the save I just need noclip and i'll try it again to see if pressing the shoulders (Are they the same as the "bumpers"?) helps me at all

123lol123

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Sin$
Bumpers, shoulders, same thing. And If you look at my first post, I'm trying to request that, but every time it doesn't work. All the binds will be normal for some reason?

-Liam

A

a lazy hitman

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Sin$
The only thing that works is when you hold "up" and use the commands that go with it. Nothing happens when you hold the right or left bumpers.

123lol123

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Sin$
If you are still in the cinematic scene when it is zooming in on the survivors, wait until you go to first-person to try any commands. If you don't sometimes it doesn't register the controller releasing the UP, Right Shoulder, or Left Shoulder. And messes up some aliases. Besides that I had no problems with it at all.

-Liam

EDIT:

If problems persist, before pressing any buttons go to:
1.Start -> Options -> Storage
and select the device that contains your modded save file.

-Liam

C

Chrskyes

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Sin$
123lol123 said:
I'm Trying to make a really good L4D2 Save file for just about anything. I have yet to find out how to target other people's names and change it to something else, but besides that I have run out of ideas about what to add? (Whats the cvar command that sets the health at which survivors limp really, really slow? [1 Health])

What I have so far:
unbind all
sv_cheats 1
sv_allspeak 1
alias "allweaops" "give smg;give smg_mp5;give smg_silenced;give rifle;give rifle_ak47;give rifle_desert;give rifle_sg552;give sniper_awp;give sniper_military;give sniper_scout;give hunting_rifle;give pistol;give pistol_magnum;give shotgun_chrome;give shotgun_spas;give autoshotgun;give pump_shotgun;give grenade_launcher"
alias "nc" "noclip"
alias "sorryinfe" "z_hunter_health 1;z_jockey_health 1;z_tank_health 1;z_spitter_health 1;z_smoker_health 1;z_charger_health 1;z_witch_health 1"
alias "sorrysurv" "survivor_limp_health 100;survivor_revive_health 15; survivor_limp_walk_speed 25"

alias "default" "bind A_BUTTON +jump;+menuAccept; bind B_BUTTON +reload; bind X_BUTTON +use; bind Y_BUTTON lastinv; bind L_SHOULDER +namechagr; bind R_SHOULDER +infectedmode1; +lookspin; bind BACK togglescores; bind START gameui_activate; bind STICK1 vocalize smartlook; bind STICK2 +zoom; bind UP +Godtelewps; impulse 100; bind RIGHT slot4; bind DOWN slot5; bind LEFT slot3; bind S1_DOWN +menuDown; bind S1_UP +menuUp; bind L_TRIGGER +attack2; bind R_TRIGGER +attack"

alias "infectedmode1" "bind A_BUTTON wtch; bind B_BUTTON tnk; bind X_BUTTON Jckey; bind Y_BUTTON hnter; bind L_SHOULDER smker; bind BACK bmer; bind START gameui_activate; bind STICK1 chrger; bind STICK2 callhordeherenow"

alias "Godtelewps" "bind A_BUTTON teleportero; bind B_BUTTON remve; bind X_BUTTON WepSet; bind L_SHOULDER GodOn; bind R_SHOULDER GodOff; bind Y_BUTTON allweaops; bind BACK sorryinfe; bind STICK2 sorrysurv; "

alias "namechagr" "bind A_BUTTON valvedevnamechag; bind B_BUTTON adminnamechag; bind UP Ellisnamechag; bind LEFT Rochellenamechag; bind DOWN Coachnamechag; bind RIGHT Nicknamechag; bind BACK respawm; bind X_BUTTON nc; bind Y_BUTTON thirdpersonshoulder; bind R_SHOULDER withstupid; bind STICK1 ZyGorules; bind STICK2 saveself"

bind B_BUTTON +reload
bind X_BUTTON +use
bind Y_BUTTON +lastinv
bind "UP" "+Godtelewps"
bind "S1_UP" "+menuUp"
joy_cfg_preset "0"
joy_inverty "0"
joy_legacy "0"
joy_movement_stick "0"
option_duck_method "1"

Controls:
While Not Holding Anything In
Left Trigger: Melee
Right Trigger: Fire
Left Bumper: Toggle Flashlight
Right Bumper: Toggle Flashlight
Left Stick: Spawn Charger
Right Stick: Same (Zoom)
Up: Flashlight Toggle
Right: Same (Health Pack)
Left: Same (Pipe Bomb, Bile, etc.)
Down: Same (Pills, etc.)
Y: Switch Weapons
X: Use/Pickup
B: Reload
A: Jump

Controls While Holding Left Bumper In:

Back: Respawn yourself (after dead)
A: Change name to Valve Dev.
B: Change name to Admin
X: Noclip
Y: Third Person Toggle
Up: Change name to Ellis
Right: Change name to Nick
Left: Change name to Rochelle
Down: Change name to Coach
Right Shoulder: Change name to I'm With Stupid --->
Left Stick In: Survivors will basically die without GodMode on.
Right Stick In: Spawns fire and an explosion.

Controls While Holding Right Bumper In:

Left Bumper: Spawn Smoker
Left Stick: Charger (Repeat b/c people might get confused)
Y: Spawn Hunter
X: Spawn Jockey
A: Spawn Witch
B: Spawn Tank
Back: Spawn Boomer

Controls While Holding Up In:

Left Bumper: Toggle God mode ON
Right Bumper: Toggle God mode OFF
Y: Spawn Weapons w/ no reloads + infinite ammo (a lot of weapons)
X: Give Chainsaw
B: Delete any movable object or player* (read precautions under *)
A: Teleport Survivors (aim and press)
Back: Screw over the Infected
Right Stick In: Screw over the Survivors

Also: This US doesn't work for some reason? All the binds are normal. So if you could point me in the right direction for that too?

I think I missed one;
I think right trigger + right stick calls a horde
Up + X also spawns a defib

A couple of bugs I noticed with this:

- Sometimes your binds get messed up. The game will think you are holding up or one of the shoulder buttons when you really aren't

- If it isn't working at all you have to Start--->Options--->Storage--->MU or HDD Mod is on

- (Not a bug) No noclip. You need to add that in there. Work it in secretly, so it isn't used all the time. By secretly I mean don't make it easy to access. Maybe make it HOLD RB and LB and press X or something.

123lol123

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Sin$
Well, If you look at the first post, it includes noclip. Although I submitted it to ZyGo, and it didn't work at all??:? Everything had normal binds as if it couldn't recognize anything and used a default save.

-Liam

C

Chrskyes

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Sin$
Idk man. Not my area. I didn't learn how to do that, and I probably won't, because I have no interest in that. I'll let nice people like you do it. Haha.

123lol123

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Sin$
You can read CVAR code pretty easy, most of the commands are self explanatory...

-Liam

C

Chrskyes

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Sin$
Yeah, I'm sure I can do it, I have a knack for it. But I really like your code. Permission to edit if I ever feel like it? :biggrin:

123lol123

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Sin$
Yeah, sure that's fine. But if want something added, tell me what button and what key held to do the command, and I will do it for you. I have a lot of time to waste.

EDIT:

Found the problem! I added an extra space and semi-colon. That likely resulted in a syntax error and defaulted most binds. If not, I'm stumped.

unbind all
sv_cheats 1
sv_allspeak 1
alias "nc" "noclip"

alias "Godtelewps" "bind A_BUTTON teleportero; bind B_BUTTON remve; bind X_BUTTON WepSet; bind L_SHOULDER GodOn; bind R_SHOULDER GodOff; bind Y_BUTTON allweaops; bind BACK sorryinfe; bind STICK2 sorrysurv; " <-- Was the problem

bind B_BUTTON +reload
bind X_BUTTON +use
bind Y_BUTTON +lastinv
bind "UP" "+Godtelewps"
bind "S1_UP" "+menuUp"
joy_cfg_preset "0"
joy_inverty "0"
joy_legacy "0"
joy_movement_stick "0"
option_duck_method "1"

EDIT (AGAIN): If anybody can point me to the right direction on how to change another player's name that would be great. Thanks!

-Liam

A

a lazy hitman

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Sin$
I'm not sure, but have you tried this?

bind "BUTTON_A" "ent_fire !picker Coachnamechag"

Just let me know if I'm completely off or something.

Top Bottom
Login
Register