AzzidReign

AzzidReign

Teabaggin in 2024
Administrator
Platinum Record A Milli Tutorial Creator
Solutions
Reaction score
Sin$
As you may have read online, we've been actively banning consoles from Xbox LIVE that have been modified to play pirated games. Our commitment to combat piracy and support safer and more secure gameplay for the more than 20 million members of our Xbox LIVE community remains a top priority. All consumers should know that piracy is illegal, and that modifying their Xbox 360 console to play pirated discs, violates the Xbox LIVE terms of use, will void their warranty and result in a ban from Xbox LIVE. The health of the video game business depends on customers paying for the genuine products and services they receive from manufacturers, retailers, and the third parties that support them. This would also be a good time to remind you that the warranty on an Xbox 360 console is not transferrable and if you purchase a used console that has been previously banned, you will not be able to connect to Xbox LIVE.

I'm sorry, but he can be a dumba** at times. How many of you actually burned games that you normally wouldn't buy, and then went ahead and bought some DLC? I know lots of people did that with WaW. That game isn't even worth burning to a disc...the only thing worth money was nazi zombies and the good maps were DLC.

I honestly don't think there are that many games out there worth paying these game devs. I would say CoD4, MW2, Rock Band 2, and Madden 10...thats all that would be on my "buy these games" list. Everything else is maybe worth playing for an hour...2 tops. If they want more sales, they need to make better games.

People that have modded xbox's are going to be buying MW2 bc they know it's going to be a quality game like CoD4. Yes, some have and will burn it...but at least a lot of modded xbox owners are actually buying it. I don't think any other game can say that.

T

TomAlpha

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Sin$
You don't have to buy or burn them - Renting is very cheap and definitely legal :cool:

Joshrpg

Josh RPG

Qahnaarin
Retired
Beginning of An Odyssey Platinum Record
Reaction score
Sin$
I agree with you Azzids about the entire thing and I think they should make a Nazi zombies game in its own and put the dlc on the disk

U

unknown v2

VIP
VIP
Reaction score
Sin$
Like he ^ said, if you don't want to buy the game, you rent it. You can't justify pirating games by saying they aren't worth it. Someone had to make the game and that's still labor. That being said, I am a cheap *** and I do pirate games. I have bought CoD4 and do plan on buying MW2 just because I love the games, but the same doesn't go for all of the other games that I'm not going to be purchasing. When you download a game, you're still playing it but the developers don't get anything for the whatever small time you might be enjoying their game. People have different views on "quality" and even though a game might not be a big seller, doesn't mean it isn't great to some people.

Either way, for you to be playing that DLC, someone had to make the game that you play it with, so yes, I think banning people who pirate is completely justifiable. Every one should understand the risks of having a flashed xbox.

AzzidReign

AzzidReign

Teabaggin in 2024
Administrator
Solutions
Reaction score
Sin$
Well, I'm just saying, they can either see the $30 towards DLC or see none of it at all....Which would you rather have? I'll take the $30.

Sol Invictus

scopen4

Contributor
Reaction score
Sin$
Well it all comes down as to how you view the game really, game devs spend millions of dollars on producing these games and then end up selling them for $60 for our enjoyment which I have no problem with. All they ask is just to make some profit so then they wont be in the hole for the next game that they develop, just imagine if everyone pirated games and didnt pay for them.:w00t::w00t:

B

Blu3 1ightning

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Sin$
spend millions ya.... but 60 dollars a piece times a million copys or more is alot of money.ya i just burn copys to test the game then if i like i go and buy it if i have money. i would definitely buy mw2 but i dont have money right now

Nookie

Nookie

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Sin$
i would be more inclined to pay for games if the price wasnt so high... i dont know who comes up with these prices but at both EB Games stores in my town:

WaW is still $110
GTA IV is still at $120

kinda ridiculous when they are (albeit mint condition) pre-owned copies... :mad:

Sol Invictus

scopen4

Contributor
Reaction score
Sin$
Blu3 1ightning said:
spend millions ya.... but 60 dollars a piece times a million copys or more is alot of money.ya i just burn copys to test the game then if i like i go and buy it if i have money. i would definitely buy mw2 but i dont have money right now

It is alot of money but lets say you make a awesome game that took you 3 years and 1 million dollars and when you released everyone stole it and you didnt get paid, would you like that because I certainly wouldnt.

AzzidReign

AzzidReign

Teabaggin in 2024
Administrator
Solutions
Reaction score
Sin$
For the Xbox1, I burned about 30 games. Want to know how many of them I actually played? Maybe 3. I had bought H2 and that's the only game I played.

For the 360, I bought MW1, MW2, and Rock Band 2. How many did I burn? 10+. You can look at my game collection and I've only actually played about 4 games total. The only one burned that I had played was Madden 10; but only for a short period of time. So the games I spend my time playing are the ones that I actually buy b/c they are worth it (to me).

If the game is good, then I think people should buy it. But if it sucks and you burned it, play it for a few hours and then never play it again, that's the game developers fault for not catching your attention/interest. If you can't even play it for a few hours, it's not even worth buying...probably not even worth a dual layer...

Just my opinion though. Like I said, I buy the games that I think deserve it.

SiK GambleR

SiK GambleR

VIP
VIP
Retired
Reaction score
Sin$
I plan on buying mw2, because if I get banned I actually want it!

Most of my burnt games I don't play religiously, I just pop em in for a day or two. The only ones I've played religiously (sorta) was i beat borderlands in under a week, beat 50 cent (jokingly), left4dead but i have it for pc, and thats its.. w@w i got just so i can play with friends in coop. My other 20 downloads i played once maybe

S

Saiyan

Reaction score
Sin$
The problem with creating new and unique games has and will always come back to its fundamental issue. There are only 7 or so basic story plots. This means that every story ever written follows one of these (Man vs (Wo)Man, Man vs Nature, Man vs Environment, Man vs Machine, Man vs Supernatural, Man vs Self, and Man vs God), and also the story will also loosely follow the Heroes Journey. Therefore it is almost impossible to make a completely brand new never before seen story concept for games because everything has already been done before, this is just throwing a new spin on things.

Pieceman

Pieceman

VIP
VIP
Reaction score
Sin$
AzzidReign said:
Well, I'm just saying, they can either see the $30 towards DLC or see none of it at all....Which would you rather have? I'll take the $30.
They could either take your money on the DLC's or get money from you for a brand new 360.

$200>$30 and I bet that's what they are banking on.

AzzidReign

AzzidReign

Teabaggin in 2024
Administrator
Solutions
Reaction score
Sin$
Too bad they didn't. :smile:

T

Toasty

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Sin$
yep got brand new xbox for free microsoft gets nothing.

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Sin$
AzzidReign said:
I'm sorry, but he can be a dumba** at times. How many of you actually burned games that you normally wouldn't buy, and then went ahead and bought some DLC? I know lots of people did that with WaW. That game isn't even worth burning to a disc...the only thing worth money was nazi zombies and the good maps were DLC.

I honestly don't think there are that many games out there worth paying these game devs. I would say CoD4, MW2, Rock Band 2, and Madden 10...thats all that would be on my "buy these games" list. Everything else is maybe worth playing for an hour...2 tops. If they want more sales, they need to make better games.

People that have modded xbox's are going to be buying MW2 bc they know it's going to be a quality game like CoD4. Yes, some have and will burn it...but at least a lot of modded xbox owners are actually buying it. I don't think any other game can say that.
I got banned an hour after I bought MW2

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom
Login
Register