What's new

Solved Macbooks?

W

way245

I Am
Reaction score
Hey guys, big PC fanatic but really wanting a MacBook for college as the laptop I have now is a POS and I cant do much with it anymore. What would be the best place to look as far as pricing for one? Not asking to be talked out of buying one, I just need to know the best place and best kind to get. I will also be using it for coding I am learning and Photoshop. Let me know!

Operating System
  1. Mac OS
C

Comit

Experienced Member
Reaction score
Hey guys, big PC fanatic but really wanting a MacBook for college as the laptop I have now is a POS and I cant do much with it anymore. What would be the best place to look as far as pricing for one? Not asking to be talked out of buying one, I just need to know the best place and best kind to get. I will also be using it for coding I am learning and Photoshop. Let me know!
Amazon.

C

Chazay

Android
Retired
Reaction score
Ebay, Craigslist, Amazon, or local shops.

R

Reynolds

Retired
Retired
Reaction score
Well from working at Best Buy when I was in high school I've learned thats where to buy them. If you're looking for the best deal buy on open box, I got my 15" Retina Display for 700$, mind you I worked there and was really tight with management. You'd get your best deal doing it that way, and you still get the same warranties. If you're doing photoshop, go with the retina display over the ****** older thicker ones. Also try to stick with i7, the i5 is weak.

F

Fleak

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Amazon would probably be best in my opinion.

S

SirEdwardCool

The sexy beast
Reaction score
I managed to pick up a 2nd hand macbook for my partner on ebay for under $300 aud. It's a 2010 model (aluminium unibody), c2d and gt320m, I chucked an SSD inside of it and it's lightning quick for any daily tasks.

Also, I picked up a MBA from my work for nothing (baked the mobo and fixed it), as far as thin and light everyday laptops go it's by far the best ive had.

Good luck with your search!

Top Bottom