What's new

Solved Macbook Pro Randomly Shuts Down

goss34

goss34

Shodan's Insect
Reaction score
Sin$
I have a mid 2012 Macbook Pro and recently it has wanted to shut down all the way when I leave it sleeping. In fact, I have the settings to where it does not sleep for downloading purposes. This has been happening for the past two weeks. Any ideas?

Operating System
  1. Mac OS
Tabuu

Tabuu

VIP
VIP
MotM Bright Idea 10th Anniversary
Reaction score
Sin$
I have a mid 2012 Macbook Pro and recently it has wanted to shut down all the way when I leave it sleeping. In fact, I have the settings to where it does not sleep for downloading purposes. This has been happening for the past two weeks. Any ideas?
So, it's only shutting itself off when it's going into sleep mode and not randomly during use? Is it going into hibernation or does it completely shut down?

goss34

goss34

Shodan's Insect
Reaction score
Sin$
So, it's only shutting itself off when it's going into sleep mode and not randomly during use? Is it going into hibernation or does it completely shut down?
I shuts off when going into sleep mode when I'm not using it. It does not hibernate, it completely shuts down. When I mean sleep mode, Macs are able to close the lid and stay in sleep mode. That is what I'm referring to.

Tabuu

Tabuu

VIP
VIP
MotM Bright Idea 10th Anniversary
Reaction score
Sin$
I shuts off when going into sleep mode when I'm not using it. It does not hibernate, it completely shuts down. When I mean sleep mode, Macs are able to close the lid and stay in sleep mode. That is what I'm referring to.
I know, I'm just checking since hibernation mode and sleep mode are two different things. Sounds like an issue with the sleep/wake cycle. Stuff like this happens all the time. More likely than not, you just have to reset your SMC (system management controller). The SMC controls things like your fans, sleep/wake cycles, power allocation, internal date and time, etc. Here is the article showing you the steps to reset it.

goss34

goss34

Shodan's Insect
Reaction score
Sin$
I know, I'm just checking since hibernation mode and sleep mode are two different things. Sounds like an issue with the sleep/wake cycle. Stuff like this happens all the time. More likely than not, you just have to reset your SMC (system management controller). The SMC controls things like your fans, sleep/wake cycles, power allocation, internal date and time, etc. Here is the article showing you the steps to reset it.
Okay will do, thanks for your help!

Top Bottom
Login
Register