Discussion Macbook Air or Pro

Macbook Air or Pro

• Total voters
m13k2

m13k2

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Sin$
I going off to UIC ( University of Illinois at Chicago) soon and will needing a laptop? I want to study computer science and really can't make up my mind for which one to choose. What do you guys think from past experiences or situations??

Operating System
  1. Mac OS
The_Notorious_BIG

The_Notorious_BIG

NO NO NO NOTORIOUS
Reaction score
Sin$
Kobe

Kobe

YEEZY JUST JUMPED OVER JUMPMAN
Reaction score
Sin$
I have a macbook pro and I love it. I could not finish school without it.

Mafia0G

Mafia0G

Or Nah
Mythical Veteran Stickied
Reaction score
Sin$
Pro will be better than an air on specs but if you're carrying it to class day to day you may just want an air because of the lightweight

Night

Night

Retired Unofficial Article Riter
Reaction score
Sin$
If you need a laptop for school and aren't doing design or something "creative" then for goodness sake don't get an overpriced mac. Get a nice Sony Vaio or something like that with better specs for half the price. Unless you want to pay hundreds of dollars extra for that apple logo.

Mafia0G

Mafia0G

Or Nah
Mythical Veteran Stickied
Reaction score
Sin$
If you need a laptop for school and aren't doing design or something "creative" then for goodness sake don't get an overpriced mac. Get a nice Sony Vaio or something like that with better specs for half the price. Unless you want to pay hundreds of dollars extra for that apple logo.

It's not an overprice computer or just for an Apple Logo. I'll be honest you take a mac that's the same age as another windows laptop and I would put money the mac to be better as in faster.

Mac's what I have noticed do not slow down over time as bad as a Windows PC

Night

Night

Reaction score
Sin$
It's not an overprice computer or just for an Apple Logo. I'll be honest you take a mac that's the same age as another windows laptop and I would put money the mac to be better as in faster.

Mac's what I have noticed do not slow down over time as bad as a Windows PC

That's total bulls***. Macs are not made with better components than a comparable windows laptop. Unless you are in design or something where the software is better on a Mac there is no reason to get one unless you prefer the OS.

Macs ARE overpriced, no getting around it. The only reason a same age, same spec windows laptop would run slower is because the person who owned it got a bunch of viruses because they clicked on every link on the internet.

Vegeta

Vegeta

宇宙のマスター
Super Moderators
VIP
MotM Trifecta Diamonds Are Forever
Solutions
Reaction score
Sin$
Pro for more Power
Air for more mobility

m13k2

m13k2

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Sin$
Look the reason why i don't want to buy a PC is because the quality of macs are just prefect there aren't any other pc's out there that are made out of aluminum.

Night

Night

Reaction score
Sin$
Look the reason why i don't want to buy a PC is because the quality of macs are just prefect there aren't any other pc's out there that are made out of aluminum.

No offense man but buying a Mac because of the aluminum casing is nuts. Spend your money how you want, but unless what you're doing specifically calls for a mac you're wasting money.

D

Deleted member 730411

Getting There
Reaction score
Sin$
I'm not really a Mac person but I asked my friend and he said the Macbook Pro is better.

Vegeta

Vegeta

宇宙のマスター
Super Moderators
VIP
MotM Trifecta Diamonds Are Forever
Solutions
Reaction score
Sin$
As an Amazon Associate we earn from qualifying purchases.
bosox3

bosox3

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Sin$
he didnt ask if you thought they should buy a mac or not...just which one.
IMO..the OS alone is worth the price. Im soo tired of windows and all of their garbage.

If its for school and taking it back and forth..The Air is the one to go with.
THe air will do everything you need and still save you a few hundred in the process.

Night

Night

Reaction score
Sin$
he didnt ask if you thought they should buy a mac or not...just which one.
IMO..the OS alone is worth the price. Im soo tired of windows and all of their garbage.

If its for school and taking it back and forth..The Air is the one to go with.
THe air will do everything you need and still save you a few hundred in the process.

Sorry but when someone asks me which turd is the shiniest and best I feel obligated to point out an alternative to a reflective piece of poop.

Korra

Korra

Yip Yip
Reaction score
Sin$
I going off to UIC ( University of Illinois at Chicago) soon and will needing a laptop? I want to study computer science and really can't make up my mind for which one to choose. What do you guys think from past experiences or situations??
#PCmasterrace

BASlC

BASlC

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Sin$
Get the Pro as it costs more. Be the best consumer you can be for Apple Inc.

Triiistan

Triiistan

Contributor
Experienced Veteran Programmer Grammar Nazi
Reaction score
Sin$
I have a Pro and absolutely love it! I'll never go back to Windows ever again.

Top Bottom
Login
Register