What's new

Solved Macbook A1181 (2007) - Need Help Please

jack_null

jack_null

Reaction score
Sin$
So I bought this laptop used (obviously), and the guy who sold it to me said it just wouldn't boot up. Which is fine, I thought, I work on computers a lot, so I figured I'd figure it out.

The symptoms: press power button, greeting tone is played, but only shows a white screen with a folder with a question mark on top of it. I cannot use any of the command keys, they don't work. I've switched out the hard drive twice, still it's persisting.

SO, after 10 long hours, I think I have it figured out, and that's simply that OSx isn't installed. Aaaaaannnndddd... I don't have a OSx install disk. Would love it if someone knew a way around this I have thought of...

LET ME KNOW. Thanks.

Operating System
  1. Mac OS
Habofro

Habofro

PC Enthusiast
Retired
Beginning of An Odyssey Bug Finder Services
Reaction score
Sin$
So I bought this laptop used (obviously), and the guy who sold it to me said it just wouldn't boot up. Which is fine, I thought, I work on computers a lot, so I figured I'd figure it out.

The symptoms: press power button, greeting tone is played, but only shows a white screen with a folder with a question mark on top of it. I cannot use any of the command keys, they don't work. I've switched out the hard drive twice, still it's persisting.

SO, after 10 long hours, I think I have it figured out, and that's simply that OSx isn't installed. Aaaaaannnndddd... I don't have a OSx install disk. Would love it if someone knew a way around this I have thought of...

LET ME KNOW. Thanks.
Well, you could... Buy an OSx Disk?

J

JoinTheResistance

Dead to the world, alive for the journey...
Reaction score
Sin$

LET ME KNOW. Thanks.
http://pureinfotech.com/make-bootable-usb-mac-os-x-windows/
http://osxdaily.com/2015/09/30/create-os-x-el-capitan-boot-install-drive/
P.S. It's possible that the hard drive on that MAC is dead.

Top Bottom
Login
Register