• Thread starter oS4NDiVi4Nx504o
  • Start date
  • Views 669
O

oS4NDiVi4Nx504o

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Sin$
A while back I installed windows on my Mac using Bootcamp. Recently I upgraded my Mac OS and since I upgraded I think the Windows has gotten erased. When I go to access Windows it doesn't poop up instead something like Repair or something like that. When I clicked it nothing about Windows came up. So I was wondering if it was erased and if so how can I tell for sure that it was?

Operating System
  1. Mac OS
o Silent Hill o

o Silent Hill o

...And The Snakes Start To Sing...
Grammar Nazi Chatty Kathy Seasoned Veteran
Reaction score
Sin$
It won't delete it I tried that already. thanks for the help anyway.
Bootcamp must've deleted one or more of the "important" parts of Windows and now it tries to find that part but can't so it comes up as it's trying to repair but it won't be able to

H20

H20

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Sin$
Thats weird that bootcamp wont let you delete the partion, have you tried loading windows and then just deleting the partion using the windows install disk?

Sloth

Sloth

Hardened Veteran Experienced Veteran Grizzled Veteran
Reaction score
Sin$
A while back I installed windows on my Mac using Bootcamp. Recently I upgraded my Mac OS and since I upgraded I think the Windows has gotten erased. When I go to access Windows it doesn't poop up instead something like Repair or something like that. When I clicked it nothing about Windows came up. So I was wondering if it was erased and if so how can I tell for sure that it was?
lol "poop"

O

oS4NDiVi4Nx504o

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Sin$
Thats weird that bootcamp wont let you delete the partion, have you tried loading windows and then just deleting the partion using the windows install disk?
On start up I hold the option key like I would normally would do to log on to Windows just says Mac OS and then instead of Windows it says Recovery 10.8. This started happening when i upgraded to Mountain Lion.

O

oS4NDiVi4Nx504o

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Sin$
Bootcamp must've deleted one or more of the "important" parts of Windows and now it tries to find that part but can't so it comes up as it's trying to repair but it won't be able to

I went to the Disk Utility and they have my start up disc and underneath that it says disk0s4 and it says that is an unmounted partition. Is disk0s4 my Windows partition?

H20

H20

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Sin$
If you hold down c when booting with the windows Installation disk inside of your mac then you should be able to boot into windows installation process, then you might be able to format the partition.

O

oS4NDiVi4Nx504o

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Sin$
If you hold down c when booting with the windows Installation disk inside of your mac then you should be able to boot into windows installation process, then you might be able to format the partition.
Most likely, yeah

I figured out that the Mountain Lion OS will sometimes cause Bootcamp to mess up. So I had to completely erase the partition and lose all of my Windows files. I reinstalled Windows and now evrything is fine now. I just had to start over.

Thanks for everyones help!

o Silent Hill o

o Silent Hill o

...And The Snakes Start To Sing...
Grammar Nazi Chatty Kathy Seasoned Veteran
Reaction score
Sin$
I figured out that the Mountain Lion OS will sometimes cause Bootcamp to mess up. So I had to completely erase the partition and lose all of my Windows files. I reinstalled Windows and now evrything is fine now. I just had to start over.

Thanks for everyones help!
No problem man

Top Bottom
Login
Register