Wavy

Wavy

Content Creator
Retired
Platinum Record Video Connoisseur Mythical Veteran
Reaction score
Sin$
CQFSC8iUkAACeTY.jpg

Sledgehammer Games is at it again! Developers are reviving previous Call of Duty game weapons every couple months or so, with a theme of World at War this time around. The good old M1911 handgun, and the fan-favorite MP40 are making a come back.

As of 9/30/2015, these weapons are available in both regular Supply Drops AND Advanced Supply Drops, unlike the Exo gear loot Sledgehammer Games also releases only within Advanced Supply Drops. The two weapons, along with their four variants each, will be on Xbox One first, followed by PS4 soon. Unfortunately, Xbox 360/PS3 will not be seeing these weapons due to the nature of the games hardware capacity on old-gen consoles. One more thing to keep in mind is the fact that you need to unlock a variant of the weapon in a drop in order to unlock to base version of the weapon. This means in order to be able to use either of them at all, you need to find it in a drop.

You can check out the official descriptions of the weapons, as well as gameplay of them in the spoilers below.

"The classic 1911 pistol returns as the first new secondary to be introduced to Advanced Warfare. This pistol has stood the test of time, being used as the standard issue firearm by the U.S. Armed Forces from 1911 to 1986. It’s known for having low recoil and works great at a close to medium range. The 1911 has four variants, and the base weapon is unlocked for Create a Class once one of the variants has been unlocked via Supply Drops or Advanced Supply Drops. It’s a great secondary weapon to have on-hand when you run out of bullets in your primary."

"The MP40 is a fully automatic sub-machine gun. It has a steady rate of fire which can be used in bursts to maintain accuracy at distances. It’s a great weapon to use for rushing objectives like Capture the Flag or Uplink. The MP40 features four variants, with the base weapon being unlocked once one of the variants has been unlocked via Supply Drops or Advanced Supply Drops."

Any of you tried any of these weapons yet? Let us know what you think!

xl COOLWHIP

xl COOLWHIP

Passin that weed, like I studied.
Reaction score
Sin$
Any word on ak47, m16, and cauterized on ps4 yet? I checked 3 days ago but they weren't on there

TheItalianLad

TheItalianLad

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Sin$
excited for the mp40. Sadly i'll never get this in a drop.

I

ITZ_LUPOZ

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Sin$
Is this maybe a hint of whats to come in the future? WaW2 anyone??

Either WaW2 or a remaster of WaW will come out in 2018, can almost guarantee it. Its probably why they didn't remaster Modern Warfare 2, because they'll wait until the game is 10 years old so they can get more sales.

A

Auschwitz Guard

Banned
Reaction score
Sin$

Either WaW2 or a remaster of WaW will come out in 2018, can almost guarantee it. Its probably why they didn't remaster Modern Warfare 2, because they'll wait until the game is 10 years old so they can get more sales.

M1911 is still in service today, but the MP40 stopped being used as soon as WWII ended...so you could be right on a hint, but I doubt it

Wavy

Wavy

Content Creator
Retired
Platinum Record Video Connoisseur Mythical Veteran
Reaction score
Sin$

That would be cool. Although we would see COD4 before WaW I would imagine.

Extinct

Extinct

絶滅
Super Moderators
Content Team
Bug Finder Frame In Gold Glitcher
Solutions
Reaction score
Sin$
It's to bad I'll never get them...

I

ITZ_LUPOZ

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Sin$
That would be cool. Although we would see COD4 before WaW I would imagine.

Not sure? Never personally played CoD 4 and haven't seen a petition to remaster it like MW2, so who knows xD?

Cynder

Cynder

Local Weird Guy
AzzidReign Jr Mythical Veteran Donator
Solutions
Reaction score
Sin$
The m1911 is amazing I picked one up in game, now I want to pull it, this might push me to buy my first 10 advanced supply drops because I never pull the new guns out of the regular or advanced supply drops

Top Bottom
Login
Register