• Views 9,114
Keysnsamples

Keysnsamples

Stuff n Thangs
Retired
Fabled Veteran Greeter Grammar Nazi
Reaction score
Sin$
Was extremely surprised of how easy this week's Nightfall challenge was. Took me about 40-45 minutes altogether, here's some tips for those who want to run it solo!

• You should be at least lvl 27.

• Buy ammo packs from the gunsmith!
    5-10 of each kind should be plenty. I think I used 4 heavy, 3-4 special, and 1-2 normal ones.

• Bring solar damage weapons!
    You take and deal bonus damage with them. It's pretty much a necessity to bring a solar rocket launcher, sniper rifle, and fusion rifle. Their level doesn't matter as much since we get the bonus, I actually used a lvl 18 green sniper when I did this run.

• If you're playing as a Warlock, spec into Fireborn!
    The self-revive lets you relax a little. It actually saved me when I accidentally killed myself with a rocket. xD

• If you're not familiar with this strike, run through it a few times on an easier difficulty!
    I helped a friend grind 25 strikes for his Bad Juju quest. So I knew this strike like the back of my hand, which helped a lot.

Now onto the guide.

When you first start out, run past everything until you reach the "Respawn Restricted" zone. Sit at the doorway and pick everything off, focusing on the Servitors as soon as they appear (2-3 rockets / 3-5 sniper shots). Pay attention to when the Vandals with swords appear (they will run down the stairs on the other side of the room), they will nearly 1-shot you if you let them get too close! Just take your time and you'll be fine, this is the hardest part of the whole strike!

After you clear everything, time to go up the stairs and clear the next room. Just pop in and out of the doorway, it won't take you long to clear this area (the Fusion Rifle is your friend here). After that head to the next area and kill the Fallen/Vex enemies. Super easy, just sit back and pick them off one by one. Once cleared, move on and down the stairs to kill 3 Harpies. When fighting the Harpies, Goblins will spawn in the doorways of where you are going next, so be cautious of that. Make sure to clear all of the Goblins before moving onto the next area. Once all of the Goblins are cleared, you can head outside.

Head out the right doorway and snipe the 2 Hobgoblins perched on the far side of the area first, then worry about the 2 Minotaurs, rockets make easy work of them. Now head down and watch out for the group of Goblins that spawn around the corner, I used a rocket and grenade here just to make sure I didn't get swarmed. You could probably run up to trigger their spawn and run back to cover if you'd like though.

Head through the cave and STOP before reaching the exit. Make sure you have some rockets/grenade off cooldown as there are a lot of Goblins here. They will rip you apart almost instantly if you don't take this part slow. You can run back into the cave for safety if need be.

If you've made it this far, congrats! Time to fight the boss! DON'T JUMP DOWN TO FIGHT HIM. We're going to cheese this fight and make it extremely easy. Stand on the ledge and start to pick off the Minotaurs, pay attention to your radar since they'll sometimes spawn behind you since they can't hit you. Once all are dealt with, Nexus will spawn.

Here's a video explaining how to cheese the fight with Nexus (all credit goes to the owner of the video). It's very important to watch your radar after shooting your rockets, don't get greedy!

The boss fight shouldn't take more then 10 minutes, I think I took him out in about 8. If you run out of rockets, don't worry, your Fusion Rifle will do an insane amount of damage thanks to the bonus we get.

And that's it! Like I said, took me about 40ish minutes and only died once (my fault with the rocket launcher). For those who don't know, these are the rewards for completing a Nightfall challenge.

• Either an Exotic/Legendary item (Armor/Gun), 10-12 Ascendant materials (Shard or Energy), or a bunch of strange coins.
  • 20% bonus XP buff for EVERYTHING for the rest of the week (Factions, Armor, Guns, ect).
  • Blue Flames around your head like shown here. Visable on and off the Tower.
  • 500 Vanguard rep

I personally got the Ice Breaker sniper, which I was super stoked to get!
For those interested, you can check out my gear/build here.

Last edited:
B

byron hood

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Sin$
Was extremely surprised of how easy this week's Nightfall challenge was. Took me about 40-45 minutes altogether, here's some tips for those who want to run it solo!

5-10 of each kind should be plenty. I think I used 4 heavy, 3-4 special, and 1-2 normal ones.

You take and deal bonus damage with them. It's pretty much a necessity to bring a solar rocket launcher, sniper rifle, and fusion rifle. Their level doesn't matter as much since we get the bonus, I actually used a lvl 18 green sniper when I did this run.

The self-revive lets you relax a little. It actually saved me when I accidentally killed myself with a rocket. xD

• If you're not familiar with this strike, run through it a few times on an easier difficulty!
    I helped a friend grind 25 strikes for his Bad Juju quest. So I knew this strike like the back of my hand, which helped a lot.

Now onto the guide.

When you first start out, run past everything until you reach the "Respawn Restricted" zone. Sit at the doorway and pick everything off, focusing on the Servitors as soon as they appear (2-3 rockets / 3-5 sniper shots). Pay attention to when the Vandals with swords appear (they will run down the stairs on the other side of the room), they will nearly 1-shot you if you let them get too close! Just take your time and you'll be fine, this is the hardest part of the whole strike!

After you clear everything, time to go up the stairs and clear the next room. Just pop in and out of the doorway, it won't take you long to clear this area (the Fusion Rifle is your friend here). After that head to the next area and kill the Fallen/Vex enemies. Super easy, just sit back and pick them off one by one. Once cleared, move on and down the stairs to kill 3 Harpies. When fighting the Harpies, Goblins will spawn in the doorways of where you are going next, so be cautious of that. Make sure to clear all of the Goblins before moving onto the next area. Once all of the Goblins are cleared, you can head outside.

Head out the right doorway and snipe the 2 Hobgoblins perched on the far side of the area first, then worry about the 2 Minotaurs, rockets make easy work of them. Now head down and watch out for the group of Goblins that spawn around the corner, I used a rocket and grenade here just to make sure I didn't get swarmed. You could probably run up to trigger their spawn and run back to cover if you'd like though.

Head through the cave and STOP before reaching the exit. Make sure you have some rockets/grenade off cooldown as there are a lot of Goblins here. They will rip you apart almost instantly if you don't take this part slow. You can run back into the cave for safety if need be.

If you've made it this far, congrats! Time to fight the boss! DON'T JUMP DOWN TO FIGHT HIM. We're going to cheese this fight and make it extremely easy. Stand on the ledge and start to pick off the Minotaurs, pay attention to your radar since they'll sometimes spawn behind you since they can't hit you. Once all are dealt with, Nexus will spawn.

Here's a video explaining how to cheese the fight with Nexus (all credit goes to the owner of the video). It's very important to watch your radar after shooting your rockets, don't get greedy!

The boss fight shouldn't take more then 10 minutes, I think I took him out in about 8. If you run out of rockets, don't worry, your Fusion Rifle will do an insane amount of damage thanks to the bonus we get.

And that's it! Like I said, took me about 40ish minutes and only died once (my fault with the rocket launcher). For those who don't know, these are the rewards for completing a Nightfall challenge.

• Either an Exotic item (Armor/Gun), 10-12 Ascendant materials (Shard or Energy), or a bunch of strange coins.
  • 20% bonus XP buff for EVERYTHING for the rest of the week (Factions, Armor, Guns, ect).

You can check out my gear/build here.

Fancy helping me and a Mate out later well rush through it both at 28?

Keysnsamples

Keysnsamples

Stuff n Thangs
Retired
Reaction score
Sin$
Fancy helping me and a Mate out later well rush through it both at 28?

Feel free to add me on PSN (tag in my signature), if I'm not doing anything too important when I'm on I'll gladly help. :smile:

Extinct

Extinct

絶滅
Super Moderators
Content Team
Bug Finder Frame In Gold Glitcher
Solutions
Reaction score
Sin$
Keysnsamples Keysnsamples
This one was so easy it shouldn't need a guide. It took me about 20 minutes. Nice guide though! Good luck to everyone that try's it!

Keysnsamples

Keysnsamples

Stuff n Thangs
Retired
Reaction score
Sin$
Ah were on xbox one lol, how long does the blue helmet thing last?

Ahhhh, sorry! :frown:
Blue flames last all week though.

I love you.

iluvyoutoo

Keysnsamples Keysnsamples
This one was so easy it shouldn't need a guide. It took me about 20 minutes. Nice guide though! Good luck to everyone that try's it!

Ya, it pretty much boils down to "take your sweet *** time and use solar weapons". I prefer this trick for the boss though over hiding in a little cave on the bottom . Just have to watch for that Minotaur, which is a horrible attempt to preventing camping on that ledge. Ha.

By far the easiest Nightfall yet though.

Extinct

Extinct

絶滅
Super Moderators
Content Team
Bug Finder Frame In Gold Glitcher
Solutions
Reaction score
Sin$
Ya, it pretty much boils down to "take your sweet *** time and use solar weapons". I prefer this trick for the boss though over hiding in a little cave on the bottom . Just have to watch for that Minotaur, which is a horrible attempt to preventing camping on that ledge. Ha.

By far the easiest Nightfall yet though.
Yeah it is a good method. It goes by so much quicker. I already knew this would be the easiest Nightfall before they had it because it was already the easiest strike in my opinion. Also I just realized you said solo, my 20 minutes was with 2 other people.

_Kira_

_Kira_

Contributor
Reaction score
Sin$

Now onto the guide.

• Either an Exotic item (Armor/Gun), 10-12 Ascendant materials (Shard or Energy), or a bunch of strange coins.
  • 500 Vanguard rep

For those interested, you can check out my gear/build here.

And boom goes the dynamite. Nice tutorial. Sucks I already did it with 3 characters lol

B

byron hood

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Sin$
Yeah with 3 of us at 28 we should smash it regardless of the weapons, I hope lol as I haven't got any of them type guns :/

Mikorawr

Mikorawr

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Sin$
Byron if your on give me 20minutes and I can get you an invite and help you clear it in x1

Spooze

Spooze

Xbox Achievement Whore
Retired
Mythical Veteran Fabled Veteran Mr. Nice Guy
Reaction score
Sin$
I didn't know the bonus elemental damage on missions work with you too. Damn, I'll definitely try this out later. Thanks.

Ecko_1223

Ecko_1223

This motto is the bee's knees
Reporter Services Fabled Veteran
Reaction score
Sin$
Yeah, this was extremely easy. Didn't take long at all with 3 of us.

R34

R34

Aggressive
Grammar Nazi Hardened Veteran Bright Idea
Reaction score
Sin$
When I solo'd on my 25 I used the ring above the boss as a safe spot and shot him through the crack. As long as you have a triple jump you can easily maneuver upthere.

Overall great guide though.

If you do solo at a low level like me, watch out for the minitors, they're a b**** and easily 1 hit.

II{-_-}II

II{-_-}II

esoteric
VIP
Retired
Reaction score
Sin$
I'm doing this right now sitting on top of the ledge but the 2nd minotaur is hiding under one of the pillars and won't come out. Need someone to join and draw him out... 
Ended up being about 6 of them that wouldn't come out when I was on top of the ledge got sick of waiting and jumped down and died...

Top Bottom
Login
Register