What's new

Solved Lurker, need advice on first mods (multiple x-boxes)

• Thread starter Skanque
  • Start date
  • Views 1,462
Skanque

Skanque

Reaction score
Sin$
Hi guys

I have been lurking all summer and are about ready to take the plunge.

And I have gone full on retard, to get most mod-bang for my buck.
So to do that, I have acquired following x-boxes:

Xenon on Dash 14719 (beyond hope? or can I flash the drive?)

Xenon on Dash 16756 (guess this one is gonna stay stock ?) Its my original and it have been repaired for RROD, but not a Opus it seems, does have a Zephyr style heatsink.

Falcon? on Dash 5766 (Plug is Falcon style, it came with a 175 PSU, mainboard looks like Falcon, but sticker is 16,5amp) (Jtag?)

Jasper on Dash 16767 (r-jtag or ?)

Trinity on Dash 16537

I have bought:

Matrix Glitcher V1
Coolrunner Rev C
J-R Programmer V2

So my question is, what do I need for the different consoles and what can be done? I am mostly excited about the Falcon since it can have a classic Jtag.
But im also excited about a jasper, since i heard so good things about them.
My trinity is my "day to day" work horse, so not sure if I should update or do something to it.
The Xenons would be fine with flashed drives.

Best
Skanque

afterjo

afterjo

Enthusiast
Solutions
Reaction score
Sin$
faclon i think you can do JTAG

jasper - rgh

trinity - rgh, of course

xenon - time bomb, don't bother

you can actually practice RGH with RROD xenon console :smile:

Skanque

Skanque

Reaction score
Sin$
I have read conflicting information, regarding wether to do a RGH or R-jtag on the jasper. Some say that r-jtag with cr4 xl boots much better then a matrix or coolrunner on phats

afterjo

afterjo

Enthusiast
Solutions
Reaction score
Sin$
Skanque

Skanque

Reaction score
Sin$
i have done 3 fats with matrix glicher, all insta boot, just need to find proper timing. easy and straightforward.

Ok thats good to hear, so its just testing the different timers and keep on trying until you find one that give instant boot?
With glitching via matrix does the Dashboard version matter?

afterjo

afterjo

Enthusiast
Solutions
Reaction score
Sin$
Ok thats good to hear, so its just testing the different timers and keep on trying until you find one that give instant boot?
With glitching via matrix does the Dashboard version matter?

yap, different timer until you get consistent booting.

dashboard version doesn't matter.

Just make sure you can handle soldering. People like to burn pads :biggrin:.

You can try experimenting with xenon console who got RROD and was "fixed".

Skanque

Skanque

Reaction score
Sin$
yap, different timer until you get consistent booting.

dashboard version doesn't matter.

Just make sure you can handle soldering. People like to burn pads :biggrin:.

You can try experimenting with xenon console who got RROD and was "fixed".

I have soldered chips in playstations, not an artisan by no means but I feel fairly confident. Its more the software side of it with downloadning the nand, writing a new image and getting it on am dreading.

But if I rgh the xenon, wouldent it just semi "brick" since I have read they get horrible boot times, up to hours..

afterjo

afterjo

Enthusiast
Solutions
Reaction score
Sin$
I have soldered chips in playstations, not an artisan by no means but I feel fairly confident. Its more the software side of it with downloadning the nand, writing a new image and getting it on am dreading.

But if I rgh the xenon, wouldent it just semi "brick" since I have read they get horrible boot times, up to hours..

yeah, forgot about boot times.

If you are confident, then do it. :biggrin:

I use Brazilian software kit - "AutoGG". Simple tool, not buggy.

And for glich chip flasher, i use similar thing to this, but without user interface, you can find it there:

https://www.se7ensins.com/forums/th...ld-coolrunner-glitch-chip-programmer.1317809/

software download section.

BlueSn00w

BlueSn00w

RGH/JTAG Seller
Reaction score
Sin$
Ok

Dont waste your time on rjtag
Use the coolrunners on the falcon if its not jtagable(max jtag dash is 7371) and jasper
Use the matrix v1 on the trinity as a muffin install

Skanque

Skanque

Reaction score
Sin$
Ok

Dont waste your time on rjtag
Use the coolrunners on the falcon if its not jtagable(max jtag dash is 7371) and jasper
Use the matrix v1 on the trinity as a muffin install

Regarding the coolrunner on the Jasper, I am not completely sure about RGH 2.0 and RGH 1.2. Is RGH 1.2 just the newest software version or how ? (I know the number is lower than 2.0, but for what I have read, the 1.2 is a better version)

BlueSn00w

BlueSn00w

RGH/JTAG Seller
Reaction score
Sin$
Regarding the coolrunner on the Jasper, I am not completely sure about RGH 2.0 and RGH 1.2. Is RGH 1.2 just the newest software version or how ? (I know the number is lower than 2.0, but for what I have read, the 1.2 is a better version)
1.2 is the best because it uses the old way to glitch(faster)

Skanque

Skanque

Reaction score
Sin$
I finally had a day to do the JTAG.

And I did it :biggrin:

Now I have Xell Reloaded on dvd eject and normal boot on power. What is the next step ? how do I get a custom dashboard on my JTAG Falcon ?

Newsk

Newsk

Contributor
Solutions
Reaction score
Sin$
Xell will give you your CPU key . With your nand loaded in jrunner type the cpu key below. Once its typed properly you will notice it decrypting the nand .
Now u can create your hacked nand!
If your using rgh1.2 then tick glitch 2,then create xebuild image.
If your using rgh 1 then tick glitch and create...

If it really is a Jtag then tick jtag and create nand .

Now put the resulting updfkash.bin on root of a flash drive and boot xell with it inserted . It will see the file and automatically write the nand.

Or you can use jrunner and write it back via your nand flasher by hitting write nand if u still have it wired.

Last edited:
L

Leyrinx

Reaction score
Sin$
Xell will give you your CPU key . With your nand loaded in jrunner type the cpu key below. Once its typed properly you will notice it decrypting the nand .
Now u can create your hacked nand!
If your using rgh1.2 then tick glitch 2,then create xebuild image.
If your using rgh 1 then tick glitch and create...

If it really is a Jtag then tick jtag and create nand .

Now put the resulting updfkash.bin on root of a flash drive and boot xell with it inserted . It will see the file and automatically write the nand.

Or you can use jrunner and write it back via your nand flasher by hitting write nand if u still have it wired.
Im waiting 50hours now on my order that i've paid already, i don't get an Answer. What's goin on...

Skanque

Skanque

Reaction score
Sin$
Hi Newsk

I still have it wired: this is the last entry I did in JR programmer:

Image is Ready
Initializing updflash.bin..
Falcon/Opus
Nand Initialization Finished
Version: 10
Flash Config: 0x00000000
Can not Continue
Flash Config: 0x01198010
Writing Nand
updflash.bin
Done!
in 3:41 min:confused:ec

(after the can not Continue, I unplugged the JR Programmer and replugged it)

When I boot the Xbox on power, the new dashboard 17511 comes up.
When I boot on Eject, Xell Reloaded comes up, but Xell is searching for updxell.bin, updflash.bin, /tftpboot/xenon, kboot.conf, xenon.elf ect.

Only place I have heard about .elf before is when I softmodded my ps2 to play ps1 games

Newsk

Newsk

Contributor
Solutions
Reaction score
Sin$
Hi Newsk

I still have it wired: this is the last entry I did in JR programmer:

Image is Ready
Initializing updflash.bin..
Falcon/Opus
Nand Initialization Finished
Flash Config: 0x00000000
Can not Continue
Flash Config: 0x01198010
Writing Nand
updflash.bin
Done!
in 3:41 min:confused:ec

(after the can not Continue, I unplugged the JR Programmer and replugged it)

When I boot the Xbox on power, the new dashboard 17511 comes up.
When I boot on Eject, Xell Reloaded comes up, but Xell is searching for updxell.bin, updflash.bin, /tftpboot/xenon, kboot.conf, xenon.elf ect.

Only place I have heard about .elf before is when I softmodded my ps2 to play ps1 games
Lmao . I read that wrong and thought u were at the xell stage .....

Now just need to install xexmenu , dash launch, Aurora, emulators etc. And some games! . U can RIP games using Aurora, xexmenu. Or just download some torrents. Most will come in the form of an iso in which case u will need to extract to xex format using something like xiso or xboximagebrowser

Im waiting 50hours now on my order that i've paid already, i don't get an Answer. What's goin on...
Wrong person . Or someone scammed you cause I I'm not sure what your talking about .

L

Leyrinx

Reaction score
Sin$
Lmao . I read that wrong and thought u were at the xell stage .....

Now just need to install xexmenu , dash launch, Aurora, emulators etc. And some games! . U can RIP games using Aurora, xexmenu. Or just download some torrents. Most will come in the form of an iso in which case u will need to extract to xex format using something like xiso or xboximagebrowser

Wrong person . Or someone scammed you cause I I'm not sure what your talking about .
Talking about an Order on GoldenGodz, sorry wasn't meant for you actually xD

L

Leyrinx

Reaction score
Sin$
Lol. Was gonna say:wink:. I had 2 orders from people on this site this week and both are shipped and tracking details sent .
Yeah it's weird in the beginning i talked to 3 Guys now no one is answering, seems like they are gone or smthing lol it's annoying since i tried everything to contact them but even 50hours later have no answer....

Skanque

Skanque

Reaction score
Sin$
Need advice with DB1F1 and FT1U2, the solder on these points dont seem to want to stick.. the points turn brown like rust, every time i clean them. Even the flux get the turning brown :/

Finally got it to stick. Called my granddad, old telecommunications repair guy. He told me how too do the proper soldering and using his old school, solder, properly full of lead and stuff hehe :biggrin:

Last edited:
Top Bottom
Login
Register