LTP Connection

Discussion in 'Xbox 360' started by Lead InYo Face, Feb 5, 2010 with 11 replies and 440 views.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Lead InYo Face

Lead InYo Face Enthusiast

Ratings:
    so i soldered everything and everything ohmed out pretty good. but when i plug it into my computer the nandpro cant find it and the xbox wont even power on?

2. sternal

sternal A True Halo Fanboy

Ratings:
    take a picture of your connections and post it here and I might be able to help you.

3. Xor Mustang

Xor Mustang Enthusiast

Ratings:
    Yeah pictures would be helpful...

4. OP
    Lead InYo Face

Ratings:
    [​IMG]

If this doesnt show enough i can take more

5. hustlemode

hustlemode Enthusiast

Ratings:
    You can always try without the resistors, some computers have trouble using buffered jtag cables. Another option, if your cable is somewhat long you may want to cut it down to no more than say.. 15 inches or else it may not work as well.

When I did mine, I went with as short of a cable as I could without causing reach issues, and used the resistors on the DB25 end of the cable. Worked flawlessly.. 2 identical dumps back to back

6. sternal

sternal A True Halo Fanboy

Ratings:
    Ok well the try to take a picture of the whole mother board and if you can please tell me what kind of mother board it is ex. jasper,falcon

7. iGotTheSmores

iGotTheSmores Enthusiast

Ratings:
    First of all this isn't the Proper section for this post... Second of all knowing your mobo can help, and make your wire lengths as short as can be. LPT mode can be affecting this also. Your 360 shouldn't turn on when plugged in to your LPT.

8. OP
    Lead InYo Face

Ratings:
    Thanks for the help guys.

Motherboard is an Xexon. and my wire length is pretty long. like almost 3+ feet. Before i make it smaller though is there anything i can do to try to get it to work

9. iGotTheSmores

iGotTheSmores Enthusiast

Ratings:
    Thats your best bet, chop the length down to like a ft around there it should help.

10. OP
    Lead InYo Face

Ratings:
    okay will do. quick question though. when i unplugged the lpt from my computer the xbox turned on. because it wouldn't turn on when the lpt was in does that conform that my solders are probably good and i just need to make the cable smaller?

11. iGotTheSmores

iGotTheSmores Enthusiast

Ratings:
    Your good, it will not power on when connected. But its not totally confirmed of good connections. Chop it down and it will/should fix the problem.

12. hustlemode

hustlemode Enthusiast

Ratings:
    Yep, cutting it down should all your issues.