What's new

Solved LT3 Backup Loading Issue

A

Azhirii

Reaction score
Hey, folks.
TL;DR down bottom. :smile:
I looked around quite a bit but it seems not many people have this particular issue or anything close to it. I searched support & support archives and found next to nothing, so I'm sorry if I missed some giant cache of info or am missing something simple as I've been out of the 360 modding scene for about the last seven years.

So I have an old Falcon 360 Arcade I replaced the (benq, iirc) drive in after its laser died, and decided to put (I believe anywho) iXtreme 1.5 on it years ago. That played backups fine up until I stupidly tried to update my dash one day and the console ended up stuck at an error screen saying it couldn't finish the update.

Fast forward to last week, I decided to look into possibly fixing this 360, and a local shop claimed they could probably solve the problem, and update it to latest dash + LT3.0, and since I didn't want to bother opening the console up myself again and couldn't find my flasher anyway I said why not, and let them have at it.

After a while I got a call saying they were having trouble extracting the key (which of course I misplaced in the last seven years), but eventually they managed to reflash the drive and fix the update problem. Then they told me the console was having laser issues (the exact words were that it was loading originals, but backups weren't loading). So I gave them the go-ahead to replace the drive's laser, after which they told me it was now loading their backups fine, but my old backup I gave them with the console (they asked for the disk that bricked the console), wasn't playing.

So this is the root of my issue. None of my backups from years ago work with the console now. They all simply state "Play DVD" while retail disks do load. I can't find any info on what might have changed that causes this issue. These disks are all confirmed to be working as I've played them before in this specific console.

I understand the whole XGD3 overburn procedure but I believe all of my backups are wave2 with one wave4 which used to require a boot disk before it would play, and as I said, none of these backups play.

I found some obscure comment somewhere stating that the "Play DVD" error is incorrect firmware flashed to the drive but I specifically asked the shop whether they tested other backups in the console and they assured me that yes it loads fine, except for my disk.

So. TL;DR: What am I missing that changed between loading backups in iXtreme 1.5(ish) FW and loading backups in LT3 that requires me to reburn all my backups and how can I fix the issue?

K

Killjoy666

Getting There
Reaction score
Hey, folks.
TL;DR down bottom. :smile:
I looked around quite a bit but it seems not many people have this particular issue or anything close to it. I searched support & support archives and found next to nothing, so I'm sorry if I missed some giant cache of info or am missing something simple as I've been out of the 360 modding scene for about the last seven years.

So I have an old Falcon 360 Arcade I replaced the (benq, iirc) drive in after its laser died, and decided to put (I believe anywho) iXtreme 1.5 on it years ago. That played backups fine up until I stupidly tried to update my dash one day and the console ended up stuck at an error screen saying it couldn't finish the update.

Fast forward to last week, I decided to look into possibly fixing this 360, and a local shop claimed they could probably solve the problem, and update it to latest dash + LT3.0, and since I didn't want to bother opening the console up myself again and couldn't find my flasher anyway I said why not, and let them have at it.

After a while I got a call saying they were having trouble extracting the key (which of course I misplaced in the last seven years), but eventually they managed to reflash the drive and fix the update problem. Then they told me the console was having laser issues (the exact words were that it was loading originals, but backups weren't loading). So I gave them the go-ahead to replace the drive's laser, after which they told me it was now loading their backups fine, but my old backup I gave them with the console (they asked for the disk that bricked the console), wasn't playing.

So this is the root of my issue. None of my backups from years ago work with the console now. They all simply state "Play DVD" while retail disks do load. I can't find any info on what might have changed that causes this issue. These disks are all confirmed to be working as I've played them before in this specific console.

I understand the whole XGD3 overburn procedure but I believe all of my backups are wave2 with one wave4 which used to require a boot disk before it would play, and as I said, none of these backups play.

I found some obscure comment somewhere stating that the "Play DVD" error is incorrect firmware flashed to the drive but I specifically asked the shop whether they tested other backups in the console and they assured me that yes it loads fine, except for my disk.

So. TL;DR: What am I missing that changed between loading backups in iXtreme 1.5(ish) FW and loading backups in LT3 that requires me to reburn all my backups and how can I fix the issue?
Did You See Them Boot A Backup Game?

A

Azhirii

Reaction score
No, I did not. It's a possibility that they're feeding me a lie, but as they'd have had to flash the drive anyway to remove the soft-brick it was under I don't see why they wouldn't then flash it up to LT3. Though I suppose it could be just to extort the laser replacement fee (though that console did very often have disk reading issues from what I recall). I'm mainly trying to get opinions here so I can decided whether I want to act on their warranty policy and throw the console back at them till it works :tongue:

I just have no idea whether I'm to blame or not. I've been out of the scene too long to know.

K

Killjoy666

Getting There
Reaction score
No, I did not. It's a possibility that they're feeding me a lie, but as they'd have had to flash the drive anyway to remove the soft-brick it was under I don't see why they wouldn't then flash it up to LT3. Though I suppose it could be just to extort the laser replacement fee (though that console did very often have disk reading issues from what I recall). I'm mainly trying to get opinions here so I can decided whether I want to act on their warranty policy and throw the console back at them till it works :tongue:

I just have no idea whether I'm to blame or not. I've been out of the scene too long to know.
Well I Would Suggest Either For Them To Shows You It Plays There Backups Or Reflash The Nand.

N

Newsk

Contributor
Reaction score
Have you tried patching and reburnng that game. I remeber as things progressed and got updated to deal with xgd2 ap2.5 all the games that had that tech on them had to reburned or they wouldn't play . Was always a pita until finally lt3 . After that none of my games had to be reburned again.

Last edited:
A

Azhirii

Reaction score
Have you tried patching and reburnng that game. I remeber as things progressed and got updated to deal with xgd2 ap2.5 all the games that had that tech on them had to reburned or they wouldn't play . Was always a pita until finally lt3 . After that none of my games had to be returned again.

Okay so it might just be outdated disks. All of my backups are pre-2010. I got some Verbatim DLs coming from Amazon so hopefully reburning will solve it. Is there an LT3 specific burning tutorial around that someone can recommend?

I also think I might just RGH the console. From what I understand for the Phats RGH 1.2 is the current best method? I'm trying to digest seven years of info and upgrades :tongue:

Top Bottom