• Thread starter Newcomer
  • Start date
  • Views 1,624
N

Newcomer

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Hi,

I've got a new XBOX 360 SLIM (MFR Date: 9th July 2011) and would like to flash it to LT+3.0 to play backups (while keeping my other XBOX 360 S for legitimate discs).
It looks like I have the DG-16D4S.. After a quick search I found that a Kamikaze hack should be performed on my drive in order to unlock it.
Since Kamikaze requires dangerous drilling to be performed I thought it would be simpler to get an unlocked PCB, solder it to the drive and flash it with LT+3.0.
I have some questions:
1. Is this possible at all (replacing the PCB to unlocked one and flash it with LT+3.0)?
If YES
2. Will I be able to lock the new unlocked PCB after I finish flashing and then unlock it again in the future?
3. Will something like this work for me?
4. Is it safe to go online with an unlocked PCB that wasn't made by Microsoft?

I appreciate your help.

J

JeEnYuS

Gee! and why us?
Reaction score
Hi,

I've got a new XBOX 360 SLIM (MFR Date: 9th July 2011) and would like to flash it to LT+3.0 to play backups (while keeping my other XBOX 360 S for legitimate discs).
It looks like I have the DG-16D4S.. After a quick search I found that a Kamikaze hack should be performed on my drive in order to unlock it.
Since Kamikaze requires dangerous drilling to be performed I thought it would be simpler to get an unlocked PCB, solder it to the drive and flash it with LT+3.0.
I have some questions:
1. Is this possible at all (replacing the PCB to unlocked one and flash it with LT+3.0)?
If YES
2. Will I be able to lock the new unlocked PCB after I finish flashing and then unlock it again in the future?
3. Will something like this work for me?
4. Is it safe to go online with an unlocked PCB that wasn't made by Microsoft?

I appreciate your help.

Not all DG-16d4s pcb needs to be unlocked via the kamikaze hack. Depends on the main IC vendor. Look at the main IC on your drive PCB, you should see a number starting with 03 or 05.
03 = MXIC - Don't need kamikaze hack to be unlocked. Read Jungle Flasher manual ver.1.4.5 to learn how to unlock these PCB.
05 = Winbond - Needs to be unlocked with the kamikaze hack.

To answer your questions;
1-YES
2-Yes but not all unlocked PCB can be unlocked easily once locked. TX unlocked PCB v1.1 are very easy to unlock if you can find one.
3-Sure
4-LT+3 has yet to be detected by microsoft. Your burned backups is what can potentially flag your console. To avoid this, just make sure that you verify your ISOs with abgx before burning them on DL DVD.

Last edited:
N

Newcomer

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Not all DG-16d4s pcb needs to be unlocked via the kamikaze hack. Depends on the main IC vendor. Look at the main IC on your drive PCB, you should see a number starting with 03 or 05.
03 = MXIC - Don't need kamikaze hack to be unlocked. Read Jungle Flasher manual ver.1.4.5 to learn how to unlock these PCB.
05 = Winbond - Needs to be unlocked with the kamikaze hack.

To answer your questions;
1-YES
2-Yes but not all unlocked PCB can be unlocked easily once locked. TX unlocked PCB v1.1 are very easy to unlock if you can find one.
3-Sure
4-LT+3 has yet to be detected by microsoft. Your burned backups is what can potentially flag your console. To avoid this, just make sure that you verify your ISOs with abgx before burning them on DL DVD.
Thank you for you kind response. I really appreciate it.
I have few more questions if you don't mind :smile:
1. Is locking the PCB necessarily after flashing to LT+3 in terms of safety (so Microsoft doesn't detect me).
2. Does the specific PCB I linked to before allow unlocking once locked?
3. Why isn't LT+3 detectable? Can't Microsoft -when you sign in to XBL - silently check the firmware on the drive and flag you if you don't have the stock firmware they're expecting?

J

JeEnYuS

Gee! and why us?
Reaction score
1- Yes it is a necessary step
2- No you will have to unlock it with a sputnik probe/sputnik switch or russian hack.
3- All I can say is that C4eva did an amazing job on creating firmware that are as stealth as it can be.

N

Newcomer

Enthusiast
Reaction score
1- Yes it is a necessary step
2- No you will have to unlock it with a sputnik probe/sputnik switch or russian hack.
3- All I can say is that C4eva did an amazing job on creating firmware that are as stealth as it can be.
Thank you. I contacted the eBay seller of this item and he claims this PCB can be locked/unlocked as much as I want using JungleRunner without the need modify anything on the board. What makes it different from the PCB I linked to in my previous reply? He also claims the same for this item.

Top Bottom