• Thread starter lil BLu3 SMuRF
  • Start date
  • Views 454
lil BLu3 SMuRF

lil BLu3 SMuRF

Forum Addict
Reaction score
Sin$
how do i tell which wire goes to which hole? like, there r 25 prongs, those 25 prongs have 25 wires going through a big wire. i cut it in half and then what? i dont know which wire goes to which prong, how do i tell???

please reply, thanks

Mind

Mind

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Sin$
The best thing you could do would be, buy a DB25 male solder type, and buy a cheap soldering iron (i got mine for 14.99$) and follow a guide on that. If not you can always remove the outer wire from the LPT cable until you can see all the individual cables, and sort threw them until you find the ones you need.

Don't forget to give "+rep" if I helped!

lil BLu3 SMuRF

lil BLu3 SMuRF

Forum Addict
Reaction score
Sin$
yea but what IF, i cant open the metal thing? what do i do? eclipse said he used a multimeter but that need electricity to work and if the cable is split in half, it has NO electricity :frown:

tim008

tim008

Retired Diet Mod
Retired
Reaction score
Sin$
yea but what IF, i cant open the metal thing? what do i do? eclipse said he used a multimeter but that need electricity to work and if the cable is split in half, it has NO electricity :frown:

You do not need eleccy to use a multimeter. Just using the same setting you`d use to check if a tracer was broken.

prasoc

prasoc

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Sin$
It's called using a multimeter to do a continuity check. Remember: after finding out what wires go where, LABEL THE WIRE!!

Top Bottom
Login
Register