What's new

Discussion Low fps in games. not sure what to try. Windows 10 and GTA V.

• Thread starter Jaykae
  • Start date
  • Views 380
J

Jaykae

B*tch please.
Reaction score
I have the MSI RX 580 8GB Armor GPU paired with 16GB DDR4 3000MHZ and a Ryzen 2600 Six Core CPU.

Try and run GTA V under Windows 10 and the performance is really poor. sometime it's fine and others it's really laggy.
I have the latest video driver from AMD: 20.1.3 and Windows 10 is up-to-date. it's a clean install of 10, nothing backgrounded and I've checked my startup apps etc.

What can I do to stop this?

Sorry; newb question. normally I play on PS4/XB1 so don't have to worry. :oops: :cry:

EDIT: worth mentioning, my PC sounds like a God damn jet when running any game. not sure if it's related or not. temps seem fine. NOT OC'd.

H

Habofro

PC Enthusiast
Retired
Reaction score
Are you sure the temps are all okay? Not just your CPU temps but also your GPU temps?

Usually fans are directly linked to the temperature, so if they start going off like jets, it probably indicates that the chip is overheating

J

Jaykae

B*tch please.
Reaction score
Are you sure the temps are all okay? Not just your CPU temps but also your GPU temps?

Usually fans are directly linked to the temperature, so if they start going off like jets, it probably indicates that the chip is overheating
Temps were like 65c - I think it was a GTA V setting. reset them, turned off a few AMD settings and it's fine, now. the GPU load isn't going above 50% now where as before it was 80/90%.
The fan isn't as loud too. can actually think whilst playing. :roflmao:

Thanks for the reply though, brother. :smile:

T

TheHandBanana

Reaction score
I'm unsure if this will help but i've just had a monitor related issue with PC games after upgrading.

I recently went out and got an LG 55inch OLED tv.
Put it up, hooked it in, and every game looked like ****.
Couldn't even play Scum anymore, FPS was ****ing unreal. 1? Less than 1?

Hooked it back into my 47inch and it was fine on Ultra.

So I built a new micro-rig and now everythings groovy.

However, I would make sure you're outputting in 1080 not 4k if your monitor/tv is large.
If you have the options make sure you're outputting in full RGB.
(I personally don't agree with this next one.)
And make sure you have a decent HDmi cable that isn't too long.

As for your cooling etc, have you checked yoru air pressure?
(Enough fans blowing in the right directions for a smooth operation)
Is it a full ATX build? Is it on the floor?

T

TimPaige

Reaction score
you can find some videos on youtube to run it with low-end PC but you gonna lost the nice graphics

P

p_Rick

Reaction score
You could try to delete Documents\Rockstar Games\GTA V\settings and let GTA re-configure according to your PC hardware

M

MissyCrissy

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Also you can try to disable Windows Games Xbox screen experience. I had around 15 fps drop whenever i was ALT TAB ing

Top Bottom