Solved Looping loading screen from Handling.dat

• Thread starter Rogue_Emu
  • Start date
  • Views 473
R

Rogue_Emu

Reaction score
Sin$
Whenever I change the values in my Handling.dat file, my loading screen always loops. I'm trying to change the wbias value to -9 on all cars to play carmageddon. I've managed to do it successfully on one car once(cabby) so i know it is possible. I have a flashed(Lt 3.0) retail Xbox(no jtag). I keep the file the same size as the original(41,386) and still no luck. Any help will be appreciated because I know im doing something wrong.

here's the download link to the original and modded handling.dat in a zip file.
http://www.mediafire.com/?m55etmc91529loa

R

Rogue_Emu

Reaction score
Sin$
what else did you change?
I figured out that the game does work when I delete the updates for it. So I went back and changed the default.dat to bypass the update. What I did was rename the handling.dat file to handlinx.dat and changed the name to handlinx in the default.dat pathway to handling. I get a freezing black screen when the game loads so I did something wrong again.

Upvote 0
Restrain

Restrain

S-D Winchester
Hidden Devils
Programmer Reporter Forum Addict
Reaction score
Sin$
I figured out that the game does work when I delete the updates for it. So I went back and changed the default.dat to bypass the update. What I did was rename the handling.dat file to handlinx.dat and changed the name to handlinx in the default.dat pathway to handling. I get a freezing black screen when the game loads so I did something wrong again.
Also helps if you have a saved game and also if you rebuild the common.rpf

Upvote 0
Restrain

Restrain

S-D Winchester
Hidden Devils
Programmer Reporter Forum Addict
Reaction score
Sin$
And try running open iv or spark iv as administrator.

Upvote 0
shaunr

shaunr

Propane and propane accessories
Reaction score
Sin$
rebuilding the archive when only replacing a file in the common doesn't do anything to cause corruption. OP must have edited something wrong in the file. even though the file size is original, he still could have messed something up.

Upvote 0
Top Bottom
Login
Register