Discussion Looking to petition Microsoft.

Do you think Microsoft should push an update as stated in my post?

• Total voters
Reaction score
Tomorrow i will be putting together a petition regarding the locked down os that comes with the surface tablets. Yes, i am talking about windows rt. Since its release many people have been trying to find ways to install different a different OS onto the device due to how strict the policies are. Although we have managed to find ways to launch third party apps, we still have no way to load a separate OS due to the security features that were implemented into rt. This is why i will be asking Microsoft to push one last update to these unsupported devices that will allow us to install third party apps and a separate OS without jumping through hoops and risking bricking our devices. The update would be simple for them and would finally satisfy a lot of unhappy consumers.

Please take time to answer the poll i have included. If anyone wants to help with the petition pm me to further discuss the topic.

Musical

Buying quality turtles!
Reaction score
I think you should do a bit o' learning on how we mod games on xbox one... I dont own a surface tablet nor will I ever but it may help with getting some features unlocked.

Thepredatormlg

IT Master
Reaction score
Why would you buy a device that you know is locked to its OS? Then complain that its locked and cry to Microsoft. It is not designed for you to install anything else on it.

Musical

Buying quality turtles!
Reaction score
Why would you buy a device that you know is locked to its OS? Then complain that its locked and cry to Microsoft. It is not designed for you to install anything else on it.
If anyone could figure out google for what they want they can unlock the OS lmao

Sycc

Custom Title:
Reaction score
Tomorrow i will be putting together a petition regarding the locked down os that comes with the surface tablets. Yes, i am talking about windows rt. Since its release many people have been trying to find ways to install different a different OS onto the device due to how strict the policies are. Although we have managed to find ways to launch third party apps, we still have no way to load a separate OS due to the security features that were implemented into rt. This is why i will be asking Microsoft to push one last update to these unsupported devices that will allow us to install third party apps and a separate OS without jumping through hoops and risking bricking our devices. The update would be simple for them and would finally satisfy a lot of unhappy consumers.

Please take time to answer the poll i have included. If anyone wants to help with the petition pm me to further discuss the topic.
Why would you want to run Unix or Linux on a surface tablet? and how much work do you think it would take to incorporate touch screen capabilities within any OS such as Linux or Unix Or Ubuntu seeing that Microsoft have been in the business of touch screen technologies and Operating Systems Design for years and had LOTS of funding to employ LOTS of talent with Operating system and biometric analysis training, most whom graduated from D1 universities? What benefits would running any OS other than windows on a technical device designed over years specifically for windows even provide? I feel like you need to do a little more research into your cause before you'll be able to provide an adequate petition to Microsoft that looks well produced, planned, organized, and professional enough to be taken seriously. However, Consumers requesting and being able to suggest ideas to their developers is a concept I appreciate. Ultimately, I feel all code should be open source and consumers should be able to try anything they want to their devices no matter how ridiculous.

TL:biggrin:R: work hard value integrity, intellect, and honesty and go far.

Top Bottom