Looking for killer game ideas.

Discussion in 'Game Development' started by GoldBl4d3, Aug 3, 2014 with 12 replies and 545 views.

1. GoldBl4d3

GoldBl4d3 VIP VIP Retired

Ratings:
    Title says all, looking for any and all game ideas. Release on xbox one.

I had this one simple idea that needs work on, tell me what you think and how do I make it a multiplayer game: Its based around colonies, mars, future, space, battles, territory.... So is their something I can do with this?

2. WUB WUB M8

WUB WUB M8 Kali Linux and I are the best of friends.

Ratings:
    I wish I could tell you my idea. But, this is something I am going to make. :wink:

• Like Like x 1
  3. OP
    GoldBl4d3

Ratings:
    Well, ive got plenty of money. Maybe you want to work a deal?

4. OP
    GoldBl4d3

Ratings:
    I also thought of making a game like DayZ. Just better netcode and gameplay and graphics. What about this?

• Like Like x 1
  5. Xeren

Xeren ♦♦♦ God Complex ♦♦♦

Ratings:
    That seems to be the current game-type for the majority. Don't make it though unless it turns out good, or else it is deemed just another copy.

For your MMO, you could also do something like Halo Wars.

6. WinnersAlwaysWin

WinnersAlwaysWin ✰Im Fadddeeedd yooo✰

Ratings:
    If you were able to create a game like this for pc and xbox one it'd be an extremely popular game just because it'd be the first open world zombie survival

7. Clepto

Clepto Contributor

Ratings:
    Make a 2D zombie shoot em' up/survival game.

Boxhead type combat with DayZ like survival aspects(but done not stupidly).

Make it with pixelated style graphics, so that you can make per-pixel destructible terrain, e.g. You barricade yourself in a room, and you can see the zombies tear apart your defenses pixel by pixel. This would also look great with grenades and other things of the sort.

Multiplayer would likely be a huge aspect, teams of people scout for supplies, while others fortify defenses, while other defend against any stray zombies during day. Then at night, you gather in your base and try to hold until the next day. You keep on expanding your base and securing more areas.

You could then possibly have a sort of AI, not necesarily an AI, but like this:
    As your base grows it attracts more survivors. So as you grow, more and more come, and your base advances through some different ranks(base, colony, state, country, whatever you would see fit to put there).

But keep in mind the survival aspect, yeah you have to slaughter a lot of zombies with shoot em up mindless killing, but at the same time. You will have to be very aware of your resources, population, the health of different people, and possibly neighboring bases filled with bandits? That could bring in an MMO aspect, where you can fight or ally with other bases/colonies to take or share their supplies.

If done right, I think that would be a ****ing awesome game.

I'm going to reference a game called Artemis Spaceship Bridge Simulator. If you haven't heard of or played it, it's essentially a game in which you have many people playing in an extremely cooperative manner to pilot a spaceship or an entire fleet of spaceships. Everyone has a certain job(pilot, weapons, engineer, captain, etc.) If you don't work together and efficiently, you fail and will soon be destroyed by your enemies, it forces good cooperation, and allows for endlessly scalable gameplay because you can keep adding ships with the more people you have(This game is ****ing awesome for LAN parties if you want to try it). It's a perfect example of how a cooperative multiplayer game should work. If you wish to pursue this idea, I would take a look at that game and how well it handles multiplayer, because I've never seen something do it better.

I actually attempted to make this game once, but as it stands I'm a one man development team and I suck at graphics, so I gave up, and just work on smaller projects for fun now, hope you like the idea.

Also not saying you have to, but a PC version would be great for whatever game you make, I love when devs release PC versions.

• Like Like x 1
    Last edited: Aug 4, 2014
  8. WinnersAlwaysWin

WinnersAlwaysWin ✰Im Fadddeeedd yooo✰

Ratings:
    Most Unique Game Idea I've seen in awhile. gg mate gg

• Like Like x 1
  9. Marvelous

Marvelous (∩`-´)⊃━☆゚.*・。゚

Ratings:
    What about just a simple FPS. Something like CoD 4, maybe some better graphics. A lot of people enjoyed that game and would love to play it or something like it again. Also, CoD is going downhill fast with the newer games. If that worked you can make more games. GoldBl4d3

• Like Like x 1
  10. PCMasterRace

PCMasterRace Glorious

Ratings:
    You've posted petty much the same thread three times over the past week, each being a variant of the other. You've even gone as far now as to ask to buy ideas from people. :roflmao:
    Why don't you just put a week aside and work on the idea yourself, or even take some time away from it, getting your mind off of something can really do a world of good. There's plenty of ways to get your creative juices flowing.

• Like Like x 1
  11. Clepto

Clepto Contributor

Ratings:
    I already posted one, but figured I would drop you another one.

I thought of this a while back, and I was gonna call it Purgatory.

Essentially there are 3 world's in the game. One world is placed at the top of the screen, this world is heaven, one in the middle, this is Earth, and one below, this is hell.

You have to fight through levels using pieces of all 3 worlds. Collecting weapons, equipment, and artifacts from each one as you go.

You would have to open certain doors in hell from heaven, and other combinations to add a sort of puzzle element. Then using weapons gathered from each world, fight a boss at the end.

The boss battle would be very interactive in the fact that at certain times you would need to use equipment from a specific world, so there would be times that only a sword from heaven could harm him, or a bow from hell, or a gun from earth.

Had thought of this idea during a ludum dare one time, but never did anything with it.

I have some more that I'd rather not discuss in an open forum if you'd like to contact me via PM about them.

• Like Like x 2
    Last edited: Aug 4, 2014
  12. decmonster

decmonster Enthusiast

Ratings:
    Sounds like an awesome game idea! I would pay for this, sounds sick!

13. Kronus122

Kronus122 Enthusiast

Ratings:
    That sounds Interesting If It was for Xbox then I would say It would be popular but Most Games like a Day Z / Survival Style are quite similar so I would say only release It If you can Make It unique. I have a few Game Ideas I could give you, They was actually Game Ideas Me and a few friends put together