Discussion Looking for a Good Computer Build

• Thread starter Penetration
  • Start date
  • Views 341
Shatter

Shatter

Reaction score
Sin$
Thats a pretty good build, the only thing you'll have to upgrade on it in the next few years is RAM and I would get sli another gtx 560ti.

Liquor Poop

Liquor Poop

Working Up the Ranks
Reaction score
Sin$
It's not bad for the $. Just watch out, on that Gpu the hdmi slot is actually a mini Hdmi port, I just got the GTX 550 Ti on my new rig and didn't notice it. If you were planning on using hdmi like me you need to buy a converter because it doesn't come with one. Just a minor gripe.

Shatter

Shatter

Reaction score
Sin$
It's not bad for the $. Just watch out, on that Gpu the hdmi slot is actually a mini Hdmi port, I just got the GTX 550 Ti on my new rig and didn't notice it. If you were planning on using hdmi like me you need to buy a converter because it doesn't come with one. Just a minor gripe.
Hopefully nvidia learned mini hdmi sucks and hdmi is just fine for the new Kepler series coming out this summer.

Penetration

DEZL MoDDeR

Jas
Reaction score
Sin$
Ok, do you know of a cheaper build then this, of you could find one, it would be greatly appreciated.
Thats a pretty good build, the only thing you'll have to upgrade on it in the next few years is RAM and I would get sli another gtx 560ti.
Ok thanks for your help.

Liquor Poop

Liquor Poop

Working Up the Ranks
Reaction score
Sin$
You know what, I didnt notice it before but its on Newegg Canada so its Canada pricing. Im not sure what the conversion is from US dollars to Canada dollars. Are you looking to spend a little more, ibuypower, Alienware (overpriced), Cyberpower and other manufactorers have sales going on right now and you can customize as you wish

http://www.ibuypower.com/Store/New_Year_Paladin_Dr.I
Here this one is just a sample. As it stands its $1195, but it has a i7 instead of a i5k, liquid cooling support, a SSD, and a wide range of GFX cards to choose from, the same one included in the newegg build is in this build also. Also you can get Battlefield 3 for free!

Shatter

Shatter

Reaction score
Sin$
You know what, I didnt notice it before but its on Newegg Canada so its Canada pricing. Im not sure what the conversion is from US dollars to Canada dollars. Are you looking to spend a little more, ibuypower, Alienware (overpriced), Cyberpower and other manufactorers have sales going on right now and you can customize as you wish

http://www.ibuypower.com/Store/New_Year_Paladin_Dr.I
Here this one is just a sample. As it stands its $1195, but it has a i7 instead of a i5k, liquid cooling support, a SSD, and a wide range of GFX cards to choose from, the same one included in the newegg build is in this build also. Also you can get Battlefield 3 for free!
I have heard ibuypower usually gives you terrible motherboards and only has a few good ones. Problems with that build: its 4x2 ram, it would be better if it was 2gb x4 and it has a stock psu which I would never use.

Top Bottom
Login
Register