• Thread starter boxmodder
  • Start date
  • Views 930
boxmodder

boxmodder

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Sin$
I was way into .map modding a while back and am planning on doing some more soon and getting on xlink kai and hosting some sweet halo 2 mod matches with uberchassis and **** just because I have some cool files I made and want to make some more.
Somehow right now in 2016 it is impossible to find any halo 2 modding programs like the ones I used to use. Now all the AIO programs people made are picked up by my antivirus as threats. It never used to happen.
Anyone got a backup of halo 2 modding programs on their pc's that they could send me? I'll scan em anyway. All the h2/3 forums are dead. shed some light on this. thanks
peace

hoopsure

hoopsure

cakes was here
Reaction score
Sin$
Hey. So your antivirus might be finding them as false positives. But still be careful. But here is the Halo 2 Forums. If you need any help or have questions feel free to ask. :biggrin:

Upvote 0
I

Iwanttrefidy

Reaction score
Sin$
If i had a power cord to my hard drive I would have everything you would ever need.

Upvote 0
boxmodder

boxmodder

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Sin$
I need to fire up my ancient dinosaur of a laptop and bring a flash drive along. Let me know if you can get your hands on dot halo with most recent plugins and entity etc. I also need a resigner like maybe CMRv2 or something. That worked well for old and new maps. Please people I'm still here and need your modding files!! I can send u some cool .map files I made too if you want in return
Also if I do manage to get my files off my laptop I'll throw them in a zip file and make a new super-simple AIO in vb.net for people who are still digging through this forum so that anyone who runs into this freaking problem doesn't have as hard of a time modding h2 in 2016 as it is for me. lol. Then i'll share it on google drive or something

Also I think xbins is down. Can anyone confirm this?

Last edited:
Upvote 0
boxmodder

boxmodder

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Sin$
YO! SWEET LEMME CHECK DIS OUT HOMIE. I need everything required to install all dlc for halo 2 on an xbox. Because the servers have been down forever, I lost the directories to some of the DLC and therefore it won't load.

fingers crossed no viruses plz
update: I appreciate your effort. unfortunately uberscreenshot tool and some other apps/files got picked up during scans. sigh... how do I write my own mod program... I think I'm going to fire up a beater pc for offline only and download these infected files

Last edited:
Upvote 0
GrubXer0

GrubXer0

Metal Faced Villain
Reaction score
Sin$
What files were picked up? I've scanned this many times and never had a result. I want to get rid of the ones you found.

Upvote 0
boxmodder

boxmodder

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Sin$
scan the whole archive. I use virustotal. specifically I keep getting reputation threats from Norton (my lame installed av, might be false +) but I also get actual worm detections etc in all software for halo 2.. I mean everything is infected. somebody needs to redevelop tools for 2k1x. not just this guy's files. nothing is clean anymore. I don't want to use my new laptop to mod halo 2 because all the modding programs are so sketch. how did people write programs like dothalo? can new .map modding programs and tag editors be written? Does anyone have source code to any modding programs? I can compile them myself and see actually what is in the code that is getting detected by av. I just don't get it - programs like CMRv2, entity, dothalo, sav3r even auto xbins apps everything is infested with crap. it never used to be this way. why is this happening to halo 2? I know its an old game but hell I still liked modding it and now all the programs I used to use are "problems" when they never used to be.

Also I got 2 old Xbox consoles from my bros. I gotta ftp to them and see what I have left for mods. there are some pretty cool maps already installed that I made hmmm...

Last edited:
Upvote 0
GrubXer0

GrubXer0

Metal Faced Villain
Reaction score
Sin$
Damn, I'm going to have to start using these on my standalone computer too. Thanks for the heads up.

Upvote 0
boxmodder

boxmodder

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Sin$
dothalo.png

Found dothalo online somewhere. still got picked up by Norton. scanned the whole thing at virus total and 0/56 hits. it should be clean. I ignored the program from av and let it run. no problems yet.

Upvote 0
peeweesplooger

peeweesplooger

Reaction score
Sin$
I also recently got back into Halo 2 modding and was looking for the old tools I used back in the day. I'm happy to see someone else is getting back into it haha.

I stumbled across this AIO toolkit that the owner of ibotmodz.net had put together. It's got DotHalo, Insolence, CMR 2, and tons of other tools I never even knew about. Good package to get you off the ground.

Here's the link the the forum post with the MediaFire download at the bottom of the post: http://ibotmodz.net/forum/topic/12239-halo-2-aio-112-unique-programs/

Cheers!

Upvote 0
boxmodder

boxmodder

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Sin$
I also recently got back into Halo 2 modding and was looking for the old tools I used back in the day. I'm happy to see someone else is getting back into it haha.

I stumbled across this AIO toolkit that the owner of ibotmodz.net had put together. It's got DotHalo, Insolence, CMR 2, and tons of other tools I never even knew about. Good package to get you off the ground.

Here's the link the the forum post with the MediaFire download at the bottom of the post: http://ibotmodz.net/forum/topic/12239-halo-2-aio-112-unique-programs/

Cheers!
thanks man. I ended up just deciding it was false positives. still wanted people to know.
will download that package and check it out. need all I can get lol. keep the files coming people! I really appreciate it

Upvote 0
Top Bottom
Login
Register