Live Problems...

Discussion in 'Xbox 360 Support Archive' started by Xxx YoOoO xxX, Dec 13, 2008 with 15 replies and 473 views.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Xxx YoOoO xxX

Xxx YoOoO xxX Banned

Ratings:
    Alright well i can sign onto xbox live most of the time now...But there is a huge problem with my connection and trying to synnchronize with people?

I have no idea wut is causing the problem does any1 have any ideas?

This is Cod WaW...And when the game starts up it says...

"Synnchronizing game settings".... And they it says "Time out"?

2. xl All Pro lx

xl All Pro lx Member

Ratings:
    has this just been happening recently? like today few hours ?

3. OP
    Xxx YoOoO xxX

Xxx YoOoO xxX Banned

Ratings:
    About a month or two...And its a refurbished xbox...So..Maybe there is a problem with the box? And it takes me awhile to sign onto xbox live..Like 10 times..Sometimes it says my MTU failed (mine is 1500) the mininium is 1364 so that doesnt make sense...And then sometimes it says xbox live isnt working...But thats not really the problem..The problem is that i cant synnchronize anything..:cursing:

4. Ghost Sarge

Ghost Sarge Enthusiast

Ratings:
    i could just be your internet security.

5. OP
    Xxx YoOoO xxX

Xxx YoOoO xxX Banned

Ratings:
    Well how would i go about this situation? It has never happened before...Everything is the same nothing different..Im starting to think its the xbox

6. Ghost Sarge

Ghost Sarge Enthusiast

Ratings:
    well,since its not the same box it could be your firewall blocking it.

7. KranK

KranK Member

Ratings:
    Restart all your modems and routers in your house. Well the ones your 360 has to go through to get to the internet.

8. OP
    Xxx YoOoO xxX

Xxx YoOoO xxX Banned

Ratings:
    I have i have done EVERYTHING! Restarted everything i even put my ethernet wire straight into the modem and it works alot better but sometimes i get a problem with the MTU...I am thinking its my xbox 360....

9. KranK

KranK Member

Ratings:
    OK, well any router should have a standard MTU size of 1500. If your router is failing the MTU test but does not when the firewall is disabled, it sounds like important outgoing ports for XBL are being blocked. I am not sure what ports XBL uses but the difference between the DMZ and not are that all incoming ports are mapped to you and all outgoing ports are open.

10. LFCGirl

LFCGirl Contributor

Ratings:
    Theres a problem with XBL I believe.

Like when me and like 1 or 2 other people get in a party well be there for a while then randomly disconnectt.

Or on CoD4 well search Team Tac and get TDM, or SnD and get FFA.

****in whack

11. OP
    Xxx YoOoO xxX

Xxx YoOoO xxX Banned

Ratings:
    Yea this is about my 10th xbox...5th one right in a row that dont work! Xbox customs dont even know wut they are doing!

12. W i s d o m

W i s d o m Enthusiast

Ratings:
    If your wireless, its security.
    If your wired through a router, its prob still security, or something little. Wrong set-up or something.

*Temp fix*
    You can go direct connection to your modem (not router) and that'l fix it for sure til you can figure out the problem.:thumbup:

13. LFCGirl

LFCGirl Contributor

Ratings:
    I'm wireless, so should I just add a WEP? Cuz I'm on an unsecured network

14. OP
    Xxx YoOoO xxX

Xxx YoOoO xxX Banned

Ratings:
    yea but my dad doesnt let me do that b/c then it screw's up his router then he has to fix it for about 20 mins lol

15. Otaku Se7en

Otaku Se7en The Old School Retired

Ratings:
    Has it been going on and on or just one day? I doubt it but maybe your NAT slows your connection enough that it won't connect. Until I opened my NAT I could not connect to CoD4 online to play in matches but could be signed in while in the menu or playing single player.

I have nothing on wireless routers besides the fact I've noticed sometimes they go in and out, sometimes for a split second sometimes its off for 10 minutes. Something with renewing your IP and other crap if your Idle or not taking up too much internet usage, (I'm not good with wireless networks so it may not help but I tried)

16. OP
    Xxx YoOoO xxX

Xxx YoOoO xxX Banned

Ratings:
    This problem has been going on for about 2 months now...We called our ISP and there is nothing wrong around my town...And i use to have a crazy good connection..!

I have wired so wireless is out of question.. Umm i dont really know anything about comp's or internet stuff..So i will try to tell you step by step wut is wrong

1. When i try to sign onto xbox live...It takes me about 20 times to sign on(if i do its lucky)

2. This is wut it says for the testing part...Network-(connected), Internet-(connected), Xbox live-(failed)

3. The failing messages i get..(MTU Failed, and Xbox Live failed) ~Mostly MTU~

4. The first time i sign on it will let me play "1" game and it takes about 3 mins to synchronize with the host...

5. When i start up the game...I will be able to get into the pre-game lobby and everything...When the game starts up..It says (Synchronizing Game Settings...) And it will do that for about 8 mins at the most..And then it will boot me to the pre-game lobby and say that i timed out..

If any1 can help me get this working...I will give out one of my 1 months that i got with my refurbished xbox..

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.