Little question!

Discussion in 'Apple iOS' started by kyle939, Jan 5, 2009 with 7 replies and 365 views.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. kyle939

kyle939 Enthusiast

Ratings:
    Heya people!

I'm on contract with O2 and have regualer updates on my computer with the iPhone.

I was wondering.

I only want to jailbreak the iPhone, to put themes on there. Cause I'm bored of the ones that are on there.

If I jailbreak the iPhone. Can I still get firmware updates and all that?

Like, will Apple/O2 know and all that.

I want to be able to still update the phone and all that lergitally and not be able to get like locked out or something!

Thank You!

2. TH3 BOSS

TH3 BOSS Enthusiast

Ratings:
    Dont worry about it. You will still get all the firmware updates that apple gives out. They will have no way of knowing that your Iphone is jailbroken unless you take it to an att/apple store. If you have to do that i would suggest restoring it. Hope that helps.:thumbup:

3. OP
    kyle939

kyle939 Enthusiast

Ratings:
    Right okay mate!

I know Jail breaking voids the warrenty thow!

So if I jail break it, and I've got a firmware update, then it'll do it fine with no problems? via the Itunes system, just as I normally would!

Also, if the phone dies or what ever, I can simply restore the phone and take it to the Apple store and they won't ever know?

4. TH3 BOSS

TH3 BOSS Enthusiast

Ratings:
    That is correct. If you need help with the steps from upgrading a previous version to a newer one, there is a great site called Modmyi.com that will help you do that.

If the phone dies, they wont be able to turn it on anyway, so there will be no problems. So if for some reason you have to take it back to the store, then either make sure its dead or you restore first. Restoring the iphone returns it to its original condition just like you first bought it.:thumbup::thumbup::thumbup::thumbup: Hope that helps.

5. Kataklysm

Kataklysm Newbie

Ratings:
    I agree, very good answer. You helped me too :biggrin:

6. TH3 BOSS

TH3 BOSS Enthusiast

Ratings:
    You are welcome :smile:

7. OP
    kyle939

kyle939 Enthusiast

Ratings:
    For some reason I just don't know if I could do this!

For some reason, I seriously think once I jailbreak and get a firmware update, and try to do it via iTunes as usual it just won't work. You know?

8. TH3 BOSS

TH3 BOSS Enthusiast

Ratings:
    yeah man you have to download the firmware version online that you want to upgrade it too. Then restore you phone to normal condition through itunes. Once that is done you will upgrade to the firmware you just downloaded i think by pressing shift+update in itunes and it will give you an option to pick where to download the firmware from. Then put the firmware on the iphone. The go about the process of jailbreaking the 2.2 or whatever software you have on the phone. or you can follow this...

[Click here to view the link]
    make sure you download the 2.2 software instead of the one they are using though. Let me know if that helps.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.