What's new

Discussion List your best and worst experiences in linux

• Thread starter commonsin
  • Start date
  • Views 737
C

commonsin

Reaction score
Whats your best and worst experiences in linux!
I've had nothing but a decent experience on linux coming from windows, and while I haven't fully converted over to linux I can only see myself using it more and hoping for more support.

My experiences
best
faster app response
faster shutdown
better sound and videos plays

worst
slower internet downloads

Operating System
  1. Linux
J

Jaykae

B*tch please.
Reaction score
1) faster boot times.
2) more responsiveness from apps.
3) don't have to worry about clicking the wrong .exe file.
4) easier to configure than windows.
5) a lot of distros out there, pick 1 WE like.

What do you mean slower Internet downloads? I can MAX out my 70MBPS connection just fine. torrents or http downloads.

C

commonsin

Reaction score
http downloads, I notice that a the same videos that i download in windows takes twice as long in linux. even music which downloads instantly in windows, takes probably 1 minute in linux.

J

Jaykae

B*tch please.
Reaction score
You're doing something wrong I guess.
I have no issue like that.
What browser are you using?

C

commonsin

Reaction score
mozilla, I don't mind the slowness though, everyone has a different experience and it all still better than dealing with windows.

J

Jaykae

B*tch please.
Reaction score
mozilla, I don't mind the slowness though, everyone has a different experience and it all still better than dealing with windows.

Yep but even with firefox, you shouldn't see slow downloads. I use Palemoon as I dislike how firefox and chrome manage RAM and it's much better. that linked with flashgot and uGet, I max out my 70MBPS pretty much all the time.

Good luck. #longlivelinux

C

commonsin

Reaction score
Thanks, i think I'll give Palemoon a try.

C

commonsin

Reaction score
Been using PM for a few months and now using it more than Mozilla, pm is updating constantly, also I think I see what you were talking about in regards of managing ram and it also uses less ram than Mozilla.

Top Bottom