What's new

Tutorial List of Compatible Chipsets for Xbox 360 Flashing.

• Thread starter Nomadic Dagger
  • Start date
  • Views 93,094
N

Nomadic Dagger

Getting There
Reaction score
Sin$
SarahRawrz said:
ah kk thanks, tested out my mobo, didn't seem to detect, going to try it out tomorrow one more time before ordering a via card. (can it be any VIA card, or does it have to be a certain one?) was looking at this DealExtreme: $16.44 VIA Chipset 2 x SATA + IDE + 4 x USB I/O Port Extension PCI Controller Card since it comes with the extra stuff i wouldn't mind :tongue: but the reviewers say it works for certain drives, guessing it would work on a lite on as well :/ not sure. if i need a certain one, which one do you recommend?
VIA VT6421A IDE & SATA RAID PCI Controller Card

A

andyrew30

Reaction score
Sin$
andyrew30 said:
I have literally tried for 5 hours to flash my hitachi. I can get it into b mode but neither jungle flasher nor my computer recognize it. I have sata 6421a raid controller i beleive. Does this mean i need a new one. Thanks:?

Actually i think i am putting it into b mode wrong will someone tell me.Using two wire method.
1. Put two wires into holes 9 and 0.
2.plug into the back of drive
3. cross the wires
4. turn on the xbox and wait a few seconds
5. Uncross the wires
6. Light on the front of the xbox blinks rapidly.
And when i hit the eject button it takes two presses, but then also when i hit the eject button it also gets it out of b mode. But then i just have to cross the two wires again and it's good. Anyone know if i am doing this wrong?

CWiggins007 said:

So is that the best chipset you would recommend, and have you read my earlier post( two or three posts ago) i was wondering in the earlier posts if you thought i needed a new chipset.

W

wclark89

Reaction score
Sin$
I don't understand why it can't find the drive within windows when Im trying to use DosFlash because when I boot into the bios, My bios sees the drive in my sata1 port on my motherboard. I have a asus p6t motherboard. Everytime I try to look for the drive it just hangs there and never finds the drive. I have a Samsung Ms28 drive as well. I appreciate any help, please I'm stuck and don't know what to do at all. BTW can someone tell me what via card absolutely does work? All the links to the ebay auctions are dead

My chip set is intel ich10 which is on the compatible list
chip.jpg

N

Nomadic Dagger

Getting There
Reaction score
Sin$
wclark89 said:
I don't understand why it can't find the drive within windows when Im trying to use DosFlash because when I boot into the bios, My bios sees the drive in my sata1 port on my motherboard. I have a asus p6t motherboard. Everytime I try to look for the drive it just hangs there and never finds the drive. I have a Samsung Ms28 drive as well. I appreciate any help, please I'm stuck and don't know what to do at all. BTW can someone tell me what via card absolutely does work? All the links to the ebay auctions are dead

My chip set is intel ich10 which is on the compatible list
Sorry, sometimes it just won't work.

Here's what you need.

VIA VT6421A IDE & SATA RAID PCI Controller Card

Z

Zelot

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Sin$
Are there any tricks to getting the ATI SB400 chipset to work? More specifically, for a BenQ?

TRMx JTAG

TRMx JTAG

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Sin$
Ok that is good and right now i found a way to jtag a xbox 360 slim i am making a tutorial right now.

S

SEAAAANNN

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Sin$
I'm trying to flash my Hitachi drive and I'm having trouble. Will this chipset work?

Intel(R) ICH10 Family 2 port Serial ATA Storage Controller 1

W

WoAh iM MeXiCaN

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Sin$
i bought this:
http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B001118UEU/ref=oss_product
will that work?

J

joshiers8605

Reaction score
Sin$
I successfully used my on board sata ports. my motherboard is an Asus M4A89GTD-PRO/USB3, 890gx chipset and sb850 southbridge. I have my 1-4 ports set to raid, and my 5-6 set to ide. at first, all was set to raid, so it didn't work, after i set it to ide and booted back up, used sata port 5, did the geremia unlock thing, lol, and it worked perfect. B) hopefully i helped in some way

Distorted Hope

Distorted Hope

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Sin$
One thing I am noticing that bugs the living hell out of me is that almost nobody in this thread can differentiate a graphics card from a SATA controller. If you see GeForce or Radeon, STOP. That's your graphics card. Now if you see nForce, that IS your SATA controller, so then continue checking to see if your chipset is compatible.

Unrelated, you can add the Nvidia nForce 560 chipset to the list. I just flashed my BenQ drive and it works flawlessly. Note that my computer was picky with which SATA port I used on my motherboard.

Mae

Mae

"French" Toast
Seasoned Veteran
Reaction score
Sin$
What about the GeForce 7050 / nForce 620i
------------------------------------------------------------------------
Will this work for flashing the BenQ:
Code:
http://cgi.ebay.com/IDE-SATA-Serial-ATA-eSATA-PCI-Controller-Card-VIA-6421A-/190463223073?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_0&hash=item2c587e2521#ht_2079wt_1139

H

homegrownjeff

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Sin$
Anyone know if the NVIDIA nForce 780i SLI chip set will work for flashing drives?

Purplish

Purplish

Why not Zoidberg?
Reaction score
Sin$
Alright, so If my chipset doesn't work what will happen to my drive?

Top Bottom
Login
Register