List of Compatible Chipsets for Xbox 360 Flashing.

Discussion in 'Xbox 360 Firmware Modding Tutorials' started by Nomadic Dagger, Dec 7, 2009 with 66 replies and 86,039 views.

1. mellorj4744

mellorj4744 Newbie

Ratings:
    hi every one i have a acer x1300 and the chipset is nforce 720a which is geforce 8200 and i can confirm that i have flashed a lite-on and a Hitachi and a Sammy as well as spoof a Ben-q to lite-on but this is the problem i have formated my windows and now i cant do it can anyone help thanks for all your time jon

2. kennyevo

kennyevo Newbie

Ratings:
    Hi!
    I'm using an ASUS M2N-E GREEN mobo, with Nforce 570 SLI chipset, and my bios sees the drive, i can start the phat key procedure with the probe, but the data fails at veryfication, so i think my chipset is not really compatible, however the simple 570 is compatible :/

EDIT:
    Also the AMD 970 doesn't work either.. :frown:

EDIT2:
    YUPPIII :biggrin: AMD SB700 did the trick :wink:

3. jackharvest

jackharvest Newbie

Ratings:
    I can report that my ASROCK mobo with chipset "AMD RD9x0" and "SB910/950" Southbridge worked the trick just great.

4. Twssnoah

Twssnoah Enthusiast

Ratings:
    Mine works perfectly, but only works in 2 of the 4 sata ports.. Unless I am stupid

5. ynotrhyme

ynotrhyme Newbie

Ratings:
    question guys, my sata mobo is intel desktop/workstation/server express chipset sata ahci controller , anyone heard of this one working? thanks

6. _Trickster_

_Trickster_ Trickster

Ratings:
    Would a AMD Radeon(TM) R7 Graphics (0x130F) Be able to flash an lite drive?

7. oscarandjo

oscarandjo Enthusiast

Ratings:
    That's a graphics chip, not a SATA chipset[DOUBLEPOST=1438794414][/DOUBLEPOST]I have the Asrock Z77 Extreme 4 and have had success today, considering this it is probable that Z77 motherboards will be okay.

To get this to work, you must use one of the Intel SATA ports and NOT the asmedia ones. On your motherboard these are labled 0-6, DO NOT USE ANY SATA PORT BEGINNING WITH A (Or else it will not be detected)

You must also change to IDE instead of AHCI, this means that any existing AHCI hard drives must be changed to IDE or unplugged first. For me, to get around this I made a USB installer of Windows XP beforehand, unplugged all my existing Hard Drives (with my OS and media on them) and plugged in a clean other drive and installed Windows XP while in IDE.

After I did everything, I changed from ICE to AHCI in BIOS, removed my Windows XP drive and put my other drives back and continued using Windows 10