List of Compatible Chipsets for Xbox 360 Flashing.

Discussion in 'Xbox 360 Firmware Modding Tutorials' started by Nomadic Dagger, Dec 7, 2009 with 66 replies and 86,090 views.

1. K1NG K1MO

K1NG K1MO Enthusiast

Ratings:
    Is there any way to flash your 360 without opening your pc?
    Thanks - sorry if it's a bit off topic

2. OP
    Nomadic Dagger

Nomadic Dagger Getting There

Ratings:
    I believe you can flash a Hitachi with a USB-to-SATA, that's about it

• Like Like x 1
  3. K1NG K1MO

K1NG K1MO Enthusiast

Ratings:
  4. SlaYoRz

SlaYoRz I like it

Ratings:
    I'm not sure what my chipset is =p. Here is what dxdiag says.

Name: ATI Radeon HD 4200
    Chip type: ATI display adapter (0x9710)

Im guessing mine is ATI Radeon HD 4200 :tongue:. Does anyone know if that is compatible?

5. OP
    Nomadic Dagger

Ratings:
    Try it.

Let me know if it works.

6. SlaYoRz

SlaYoRz I like it

Ratings:
    I will at some point. Not now though :tongue:.

7. OP
    Nomadic Dagger

Ratings:
    lol alright.

Good luck. :smile:

8. xX aPsycho xX

xX aPsycho xX Newbie

Ratings:
    i have i845PE chipset motherboard, is that the same as i845E or completely different? because its pretty close lol. and i also need to know if there is a SATA hookup on my motherboard and where it is just to test if it is compatible. thanks to anybody who helps :smile:

9. OP
    Nomadic Dagger

Ratings:
    Once you open your computer up, you should see something similar to this.

[​IMG]

Those red and black things are SATA ports. Usually you will have a DVD drive connected to one of yours.

• Like Like x 1
  10. SarahRawrz

SarahRawrz Newbie

Ratings:
    in the picture, the red/black ones towards the back right or the black one thats by itself directly in the middle of the picture? (i'll be flashing my lite on soon, saving a extra 10-20 dollars would be nice but not really necessary :tongue:)

11. xX aPsycho xX

xX aPsycho xX Newbie

Ratings:
    thanks! plus i hit the very nice "Thanks" button :smile:
    EDIT:: i have an old computer that i opened up, and i couldn't find them for my life lol. but i guess ill take apart the one im on to see if i can find em.. is it under the disc drive or what?

12. OP
    Nomadic Dagger

Ratings:
    How old is it?

It might be too old to have SATA.

13. xX aPsycho xX

xX aPsycho xX Newbie

Ratings:
    I couldn't say an exact year.. But I'd say about.. 5 years? It's a Dell something or other.

14. LibertyNow

LibertyNow Newbie

Ratings:
    alright, i'm not new to computers, but i AM new to trying to flash the firmware on my 360. following the tutorials on this site i came to a major roadblock in the flashing process when my computer refused to recognize my 360 disc drive (I got a Samsung MS25, which is supposed to be easier). after opening and closing the disc tray and nothing happening I've decided my chipset on my motherboard isn't compatible (it wasn't in the list). i'm assuming that when your pc refuses to recognize a 360 disc drive it isn't compatible.

in short, my southbridge chipset on the motherboard is AMD SB750 and its not workin. so unless i went completely wrong then its not compatible. i'm gonna give the firmware flash a go on my roommates PC (same operating system) but he has a compatible motherboard. ::fingers crossed:: i'll update this post later to confirm whether it worked on his PC. apologies for being long.

**Edit**
    Alright, the Intel ICH9R definitely works, so the AMD SB750 can be added to the "not compatible" list. Thanks again to the creator of this thread, the info in it really helped.

15. big tatas

big tatas Newbie

Ratings:
    :thumbup: ty

16. OP
    Nomadic Dagger

Ratings:
    lol you're welcome.

There is a Thanks button ya know? :tongue:

17. SarahRawrz

SarahRawrz Newbie

Ratings:
    how would you beable to tell if its not compatiable? :/ (testing out my mobo, but would like to know how i can TEST if it works, before i attempt to flash it) don't believe its on the list, might be missing it tho, just would like to know how i'd beable to test it, thanks :smile:

sorry for old bump as well*

-Sarah

18. OP
    Nomadic Dagger

Ratings:
    If your drive is detected and you successfully flash it, it's compatible.

19. andyrew30

andyrew30 Newbie

Ratings:
    I have literally tried for 5 hours to flash my hitachi. I can get it into b mode but neither jungle flasher nor my computer recognize it. I have sata 6421a raid controller i beleive. Does this mean i need a new one. Thanks:?

20. SarahRawrz

SarahRawrz Newbie

Ratings:
    ah kk thanks, tested out my mobo, didn't seem to detect, going to try it out tomorrow one more time before ordering a via card. (can it be any VIA card, or does it have to be a certain one?) was looking at this DealExtreme: $16.44 VIA Chipset 2 x SATA + IDE + 4 x USB I/O Port Extension PCI Controller Card since it comes with the extra stuff i wouldn't mind :tongue: but the reviewers say it works for certain drives, guessing it would work on a lite on as well :/ not sure. if i need a certain one, which one do you recommend?